Is it worth getting as a beginner?

Is it worth getting as a beginner?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Akai-Professional-MPK-Ultra-Portable-Controller/dp/B00IJ6QAO2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, imagine a ten year old unwrapping it for Christmas, they'd have a great time

It's great even for non-beginners. I love mine and use it almost every time I work on a track.

what kind of music are you going to play ?
i got a microKorg six months ago and i love it so far

Yeah, do it. They're self-explanatory, very easy to use and responsive. Wish i had the money to blow on one.

Whatever happened to /prod/ anyway? I haven't been on Sup Forums in weeks. I remember the last few /prod/ threads I saw were pretty dead.

I don't really know. That's my issue. i guess i'd kinda try it out and see if i like anything I can make out of it, but at that point it's basically a waste of money, isn't it?

got any musical background?

I play drums, but no musical instruments.

then just pick one synth and learn from it you have to start somewhere

my roommate bought this on a whim and we both love using it. I actually had no interest in learning the synth until he got this and I soon found myself watching prod videos and seeking out what every little switch does. Our friend also has one and plays it well. Great sounds and mod range. I highly recommend it.

Is it only for one hand? You could just about do a chord and a melody by the look of it. Why not buy a piano?

holy shit thanks, now I know what to get my sister for xmas.

Look at that. Everyone would come back Friday night and put all the tiniest on the top. You'd be banging out undercurrent and smoking and laughing

I think full size keyboards work as controllers

Oh! I've no fucking idea what I'm talking about.

amazon.com/Akai-Professional-MPK-Ultra-Portable-Controller/dp/B00IJ6QAO2
I'm poor so I'm gonna get this. Is it worth it for a beginner?

It's got some octave control but yeah, if I wanted to play properly I'd have to get another keyboard midi controller. It does have a sequencer option however.

Is there any advantage to analog vs digital?

Do you have a normal computer?
If so it's more useful than an analogue synth for learning general synth/sound design.

I got a pretty good laptop.
I'm using it for my friend's memerap project and a synthpunk thing I'm working on.

analog purists will tell you that it is, but it really just depends on what you're going for.
If you have a DAW, absolutely. If you don't then it's completely useless.

ha

I'd get a VST instead, OP. Much more useful for learning (if you torrent then it's free) and can actually use it to make music much more easily.

No, this is your beginner synth.
Master this then move on.

what do these purists say?

oh

Any good VST's?
What's the difference between using a paid/pirated synth VST and synth1?

IMO I'd save for longer and get a moog, like a Slim Phatty & MIDI controller or a sub37 or something

Some analog circuits sound better than their digital counterparts. Analog/digital hybrids are the best imo.

analog doesn't suffer from osc/filter/modulation aliasing

If you don't know what that means, digital is a perfect choice for you.

I guess it's to do with how smooth the sound wave is? Just based on how the term aliasing is use in graphics and images.

It says it comes with a download

I’m serious, kids waste their parents money on hip, cute synths. They could make the music right now without bothering daddy. Work with what you got

no

What about analog effects? Elektron Analog Heat sounds amazing, what advantage does this present compared to digital?

Would it be accurate to say that both are capable of the same potential, but it's easier to design the better sound using analog circuits?

What synth should I get to trigger with v-drums? I want to build kits from waveforms and also do experimental bloop bloop laser shit

i bought this wanting to get into synthesis with no musical training what so ever. i find myself using this to tinker around with but i come to the realization that im just fucking around and not doing much. i bought a digital piano that
i use more often. if you do buy one u need to have an intention of what to do with it. It is a fun synth tho. i would recommend only getting this only if you are serious about learning about synths. ive had it for about a year now and probably have used it for less then 20 hours combined.