30+ Thread

30+ Thread

Where are you at in life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SoTaXbLGQyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

34 here. Just finished my second round of college for Supply Chain and Operations Management after 10+ years as a retail store manager for a huge chain. Landed a job right out of school as a buyer for an automation company making 20K more a year than I did as a manager. Mon-Fri, 8:30 to 5:00. Living the fucking dream. HBU?

35. Got a STEM degree and worked in IT for a few years. Quit my job 7 years ago and have been NEET every since. I want to work, but no one will hire me with this much NEET time. Not sure what I will do.

>every new day is sadder than the last.
>never achieved any dreams or goals
>overweight
>girlfriend of 5 years left me, leaving me alone forever
>started new job, everyone is younger than me, except my boss, who is my age
>all the music is terrible now
>all tv shows are pessimistic or beyond stupid
>all the escapism and adventure movies are about female empowerment
>keep running into facts about fat celebs that all died before 50, making me very scared
>apartment is cluttered and messy like my broken car
>no college degree to speak of
>no friends, all moved away
>brother in rehab
>sister unwed, had a kid who she has trouble raising
>dad went to prison, got out but is soul crushed
>mom hates he job and cries randomly because she has to do it to help us all
>in debt about 5k
>cry myself to sleep some nights.

i think about killing myself sometimes, and every night, i feel like it gets more and more difficult to argue against it.

Is going back to college not an option?

HVAC tech, RN GF. Nice house and cars. 4 kids and a shiba.

Good enough.

39 Been working as a lighting technician since '99. Own my own apartment, 2 engagements but no marrages, no kids but got a nice girlfriend. Still play computer games.

31 - 25 y/o gf and I just moved in together. Started a new job after having just finished uni, junior position but in IT sector so decent opportunities in the future.
Gonna get job experience then try to move somewhere comfy and have kids in a few years.

why did you quit?

Low pay and high responsibility. Also decided I would rather have free time while I was young and healthy than to have it when I'm retirement age.

i guess i could do it. i'm not sure how it will work out nor am i sure what i would study. I guess what ever is a good job. Maybe i'll just be an accountant, people make lost of jokes about boring accountants, seems like a good fit for me. I never really was good in school though, thats why i ended up dropping out the first time, after a few weeks i would get burned out and not do homework or check e-mails, especially if I was working, and i will have to be working. I think its too late.

I 'NEET' time, all the time, any company is willing to take anyone at this point. Just don't fuck up.

where did you and your GF meet? Living with a girl sounds so comfy at this point in life... especially if she had good homemaking instincts.

Any company? Maybe for a $8/hr job they will roll the dice.

I thought people are always needed in the IT sector. Give it a go. I'm not 30 but have a job I don't like that much, but I'm dumb for anything else, so I can't just quit.

>32
>recently divorced, no kids
>mechanic now but going back to college at the end of the year
>two cars, would like a third after I move
Things could be worse I suppose.

Making prison wine in Alcatraz

Has to be a real job, not hoping to do nothing. You sound smart and able.

same. being all alone with no one to share fun times and ideas with is the saddest part of my daily life of constant failure.

33 today. HVAC tech too. no gf, no kids. couple cars, motorcycle, a few nice toys. nice condo. a bit lonely at times. probably drink too much. otherwise extremely healthy diet and fitness level. always have a side project going to keep my mind busy. could be a lot worse

I'm almost 30, im in college so i can be a teacher one day. No social life, no girlfriend but a nice housing situation, and enough money to be satisfied

I kinda had a girlfried, but after out first sex she said, lets rather stay friends because I would be dishonest towards her boyfriend.

i guess i have been friendzones after i was fucked. Kinda ok, but i want a stable relationship and friends.

I feel like I dont deserve a girlfriend and that I'm not good enough tho. I dont know how to get over that.

36 here retired early. Won the lottery once 200k was the gain. Now combined with my savings and inherited money i packed and moved to the Philippines with around 350k usd. Running some inet business from here and drink cocktails and smoke cigars everyday. The sun is almost always shining so i most of the time i lay at the pool of my house on the hills and look down to the shore. A warm breeze is coming from the sea and my surroundings are trees what bend over by the seabreeze. All that while my filipina wife is serving me fruits and sweets.

Life could be worse

38 today.
Wife and 2 kids. Possibly the only reasons I'm still alive.
Same kind of job I had when I was 25. I make good money and make more every year but feel that I haven't really done much except for the 2 kids. There really hasn't been much of a change at all in the last 10 years. Really feel like I should do more. I feel like all I do is work.

How do you not meet 9001 people a day, running calls? There are bitches everywhere.

Met on Tinder during an Erasmus year in France.
She's French, I'm British.

She wants kids in a couple of years. Neither of us are ready yet though. Need time to get experience, make a bit of money and move to somewhere near the alps. Sudtirol looks comfy af.

Fuck. That does not sound bad.

45, burnt out from work, funemployed for the past year and a half and too depressed to look for something new.

At that time u become public enemy #1 like Spidey, a menace to the public, still trying to rescue my friends that are XX chromosomal configured

Where
youtu.be/SoTaXbLGQyw

31 year old lawyer here. Nice house, wife, kid. Make decent money, probably more than most of my friends and family. Life is good.

For anyone here unhappy about their current situation, I wish you success. Take it from a random internet stranger that there are still good people out there and you shouldn't give up hope.

Accountants do quite well. Get into Managerial Accounting so you can work for a big company. Lots of options and you might meet someone that could turn things around for you. Hell, even school is great for that. Go to your local college and see what financial options are available to you. You might not have to pay a cent. Going back to school was the best thing I ever did.

thanks man

30, renting a place with long time gf, looking for a house to buy, fighting ex in custody court for my kid, $16/h working factory job, gonna save up to go to tech school. Might take up welding or look into being a machinist. No real goals other than get my boy, get a nice little piece of property and provide for my family.

your a good man user, not a failure like me, see the doctor every year, ask questions about any weird body things you notice, catch anything before it really gets in there, your boy needs a daddy.

I'd like to echo this.

Don't be too nihilistic if you're not where you want to be right now.
Regardless of whether it's a result of your own actions or being dealt a shit hand you can either accept being unhappy or try and better your situation. Good luck.

34, making good money in the rural Midwest. House paid off. Wife and 2 kids. Only bad thing is feel bored with life, don't know what to shoot for anymore.

Thanks man. Doing the best I can.
I know life can be shit, but don't call yourself a failure. As long as you're still breathing, you got a chance. My dad lost a leg and lost a baby all before he was even 30. Had a slump almost till his 40s. But he eventually came out of it, got his life in order, got an education and did well for himself. Just keep trying.

What are some good parts of the rural midwest?

32. Say I'm 29 forever. Did a single stint in the military, in college now. Feels weird everyone's 10 years younger. But I'll get out with a health-related degree and 30 grand saved, rather than 30 grand in debt like most of them. I'm fit, lift a lot, getting good grades, making honors. Just feels real solitary, can't find connections with people at school, and I'm not near my hometown.

31, just bought a house. Working in Voice IT for a company likely going downhill. No girlfriend for almost 2 years. Mostly just want to get laid atm.

32, remarried to someone who loves me this time. She also has a really good job so I can take my time inbetween jobs to fuck around on my own shit. Own a house and property to start a farm, travelling the world a couple times a year, and trying to have our first child together. Only downside is there is no decent work in this little city we live in so finding a not shitty job is bullshit.

I think I might be living the dream.

Funemployed...

how can you be depressed when your having fun :D

35. Happily married for almost 12 years, two sons, stable IT career making decent (not great) money, house and truck are paid for. I play bass in a locally successful rock band.

Not bad, all in all. My wife is still hot and still loves to fuck, which is nice.

Yeah I know she does

26yo F. Attractive, healthy, intelligent. No family, no friends, no boyfriend. Kinda want people in my life. Kinda hate everyone I meet. Not really sure what's going wrong here

>be me
>30
>watch dad making good money in hvac ever since I was small
>decide to be a teacher instead
>graduated 3 years ago and still can't find a full time teaching job
>fml I'm retarded

40 worked several different jobs, no debt no savings, not married no kids never had a gf before no friends no retirement, several different health problems, probably going to die soon.

That's me as well but male.

>about to turn 33
>had a great career but no friends, gf across country (no, really, long distance shit sucks)
>quit my job and moved across the country to be with friends and gf
>was working part-time
>just got a new job, start tomorrow
>full-time, salary, benefits, etc.
>so things are now looking up
>have to say feeling pretty good about life right now Sup Forums

Imagine if your teacher was a b/tard

Clever girl ;)

I can be your friend user

I do commercial/industrial. Most of my time is spent on roofs or in mechanical rooms. All the people I deal with are men. I gotta use shit like tinder but I live in a big city where men out number woman something like 5:1 and everyone is vapid as fuck.

37. Career is moving along after stagnating for quite a while. No kids yet but my wife said we need to decide this year whether we are going to procreate or not. Work is taking too much of my energy at the moment. I’m looking forward to reaching a position where I can take my foot off the gas for a while. Health is good. Finances are good. I just really need a vacation.

Well at least things have stayed fairly neutral.

You may no have savings, but you also don't have to worry about huge debts.

Could have gotten into a relationship, had heart broken, ugly divorce and lost everything.

and hey.

Your friends are right here

30, STEM career and actually just got a promotion in a research center. Got 40k per year, and already some options open in foreign countries once current employer decide not to renew the contract. No women in my life. They complain too much and consume too much time

>45
>STEM
>worked for NASA
>worked for thee TOP Tier universities.
>worked for DoD
>retired early
>own my home
>own my car

>30, STEM career and actually just got a promotion in a research center. Got 40k per year

Do you consider 40k a year low for someone in your field?

where you live? teaching is a decent profession if you can handle it. i had a great salary and benefits and everything, but burned out after10 years--too much take-home work and too many bratty little fucks who had mommy and daddy send me emails at 11 pm or 6am saying their kid didnt do the homework cause they didnt "get it", then get pissed when i dont reply cause im in bed. then i tell them their kid just spends all class dicking around on their phone or goig to the bathroom for 40 minutes--tell me its my job to keep him in class. he's 18 if he cant figure it out, thats his issue. so yeah i quit and stayed in education but work as a consultant and shit like that. heres me:

That's just an excuse people use.

SOME women complain too much, and if you really like the person you are with it's never a waste of time, also considering you could be doing productive stuff and building your life together.

Don't act like that's reason you don't have any women.

> Also decided I would rather have free time while I was young and healthy than to have it when I'm retirement age.

Dummy idea...

thank you

>Dummy idea

I'm well aware of this now.

>Do you consider 40k a year low for someone in your field?
yes.

i was pulling 100-120k per annum in STEM with a double masters degree in major markert areas.

Just turned 35 a week ago. Happily married with no kids, just two small dachshunds. Looking to move to hollywood, go back to school and study special effects and design video games. Currently working a boring day to day making 3d Architecture models for an interior designer.

We are opposites. I work my ass off. Wife doesn’t work. We live in a large and growing city in an old house that we paid a lot of money for.

I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE AAAAAAH

>go back to school and study special effects and design video games
>Just turned 35 a week ago
Grow up

>32
>moved across the world
>got married
>had a baby
>wrote a couple of books I'm trying to get published
Nothing fancy, but a lot of it made me happy.

Original porter here; depends where you live, user. Here is great...

Dude, is not so bad if you are not living in a major US city. Life not so expensive, plus work is relaxing. Sometimes too boring, but can be way worse

Ohh good to know I'm not the only anomaly..

Lets see started here in 2007. Minimum wage job in school. Steady GF. No kids. Partying every weekend. Plenty of friends and shit to do.

11 years later got the career I was working for after much blood sweat and tears. Still party every weekend plenty of friends. Now plenty of money to treat friends and gf right. How did I do it? Sheer force of will. Resisted the urge to get married and shit out kids. The friends that did shit out kids and get married since 2007 are now divorced and/or miserable.

I feel like I navigated the shitstorm pretty well given the alternatives. (unhappily married or divorced with children sucking my life away)

Plan on finding new ways to spend all this cash is crazy fun.

36. Work for the city. Base salary 55 but need over time to actually do the work. Made 76 last year which mean no time for anything else. Advancement opportunity does not look good as any advancement need a master degree which I do not have. Have a wife and a 7 month old son that I barely see due to work. Wife co-owner the house with her sister. Can't buy any property in the city as everything is out of the price range.

36 here. 8+ years sober. 2.5 kids. Divorced. Remarried. Make 65k a year. Im a sys admin at NASA. Wife's parents have $8 million in investments = early retirement for me. 350k house. No mortgage. No car payment. 53k in student loans. Ex wife is still a pain in my ass. 12k a year in child support. Life could be better but I'm not complaining because i know how much worse it can get.

>Got out of military at 28
>30 now
>House, wife, 2 dogs
>Pretty good job, 80k
>Make a little extra with drone photography
>Low cost of living
>Using GI bill for master's degree

I'd say life is bretty gud

That gi bill is sweet. I'm jelly.

Yeah I'm 100% online but I get $840/Mo for housing allowance. Covers most of the mortgage

Shit sucks bro. You can make it though.

>34
>marinefag, will retire at 38 with pension for rest of life
>wife and 1 kid
>own house can pay off
>have anything i want within reason
>want to divorce wife
>have to find a way to do it where i keep house
>other than the wife, life is alright

what was the gap in time between calling the divorce and meeting the one you remarried to now

Yut. Sometimes I wish I stayed in but I'm happy being a civilian. Still work in DoD as a contractor, around Army brass all day though

>39
>single, never been married
>getting paid well as a software developer working only 40 hours/wk, enjoy my job and all the perks
>just moved so living in an apartment, but can afford a four bedroom house no problem
>got a new mini-suv last year
>not on any meds
>no real baggage, no strong desire to make much more money and retire early, nothing keeping me awake at night; usually happy and content

i feel like a rare breed

The game industry is in the rising, and there will be more of billions of money pouring in the next 10 years. You go ahead and grow up and live like a responsible grown person. Don't forget your medication, old person.

>all the successful people in this thread

>old person
Is that really the best old people insult you can come up with? You're 35 kek

I'm 19, grandpa.

As long as you're happy user. That's all it's really about.
Wouldn't mind having some extra money personally, but that would be used to get a nice bit of land out in the middle of nowhere.

Still don't forget your medication kiddo, listen to your parents, don't shoot your friends, and stay off the shitty music your generation is making if you can. The suicide hotline are always willing to help and listen. Proud of you.

I like hiking on weekends; that often times that takes me to the middle of nowhere where it's very peaceful and I get much needed exercise.

Would be nice to have a house by a lake in a quiet little town when I eventually do retire. I visited such a place to meet relatives when I was much younger; it was on a small river and everyone had a dock in their backyard. We were in walking distance from a dairy queen, and the whole town looked like it never came out of the 70's but wow it was charming and peaceful.

32, a teacher who is currently doing supply work, as he's sick of teaching but it seems not qualified to do fuck else. Married, no kids.

A lot of dudes i talk to miss it. Im gonna move as far away from it as possible when i leave

Doing much better than I used to be. Don't drink as much, married, have a house and a good job. Wish I could smoke weed without the wife losing her mind. Wife wants a kid and I'm not thrilled about it but we're running out of time. Overall, pretty good. 38, 39 later this year.

How can you have 2.5 kids??

How does that even work? Either they are your kids or they're not. So confused.

Good plan. I think the main thing that most of us miss is the friendships. It's much more difficult to make strong bonds with your co-workers or make friends on the same level as you'll have on active duty.

Stuck in the past and/or middle of nowhere. The best mix is in between.

Only have kids when your life is considered happy, there are too many bad products of unhappy parents nowadays, just saying.