Canadian Courts are insane

>Canadian judge rules woman can keep $14,300 engagement ring
>Guy gets engaged to girl
>They have arguments about costs of marriage (girl wants a lavish one, guy wants an affordable one)
>He didn't believe his fiancee could afford her half of the wedding cost, and feared he would get stuck paying for the whole bill
>He suggested postponing the wedding, she decided to end the relationship
>In the most gravity defying mental gymnastics ever spoken by a Judge, he rules:
"I find the postponement was an indefinite postponement, sufficient to treat the engagement as over. Ms. Arbuckle may have ended the relationship but Mr. Sherrington ended the engagement,"
>Somehow it's the guys fault for terminating the wedding, even though he specifically said he just wanted to postpone it. She gets off scot free, even though she's the one that actually called the wedding off.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40294530

Canada is fucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SaC-2lj6HNg
youtube.com/watch?v=GjgBfklmYj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What kind of a moron buys a $14,300 engagement ring. If you want to shell out money for stupid shit do it with the wedding ring

Stupid ruling but I'm not sure why she should have to give the ring back.

>buys a $14,300 engagement ring
>apprehensive about paying the entire wedding bill
The judge is absolutely based tbqh. Beta supplicants like him deserve to be bilked out of everything they have.

The 3.25 carat diamond ring was gifted on the condition the two would marry. They didn't, so it doesn't belong to her.

>on the condition
show me the signed contract

Did she buy the ring?

The Judge didn't argue about whether or not the engagement ring belongs to the woman since it was a gift or not. He understands ring are not typical gifts, rings are contracts. The judge instead is trying to lay blame on who broke the marriage.

The Judge decided that it was the dude who terminated the wedding by postponing it.

He said:

>"I find the postponement was an indefinite postponement, sufficient to treat the engagement as over. Ms. Arbuckle may have ended the relationship but Mr. Sherrington ended the engagement."

Which is fucked up, the guy wanted to wait until they could solve their problems before getting married and then his fiance decided to stop the wedding all together. Yet, the Judge says he terminated it.

They weren't married so it should still be his property.

>rings are contracts
Pardon?

It is the property of the person who makes the purchase, period.

The act of gifting means you hand over ownership.

No it fucking doesn't.

Anglos got cucked yet again. by 2100 they will all be cucked out of existence.

So? Don't give her an expensive ring in the first place. What you're arguing for just sounds like "Indian giving"

This looks like a business deal, not a wedding.

His fault for falling for the vaginal jew

It does... in most countries I guess? If you didn't sign papers, you need evidence. If you don't have it, a judge decides.

Common law was a mistake

Giving judges this much arbitrary power and allowing for their SJW-tier stupidity to become jurisprudence is pretty much just dooming this country.

Shit like this is why I'm so fucking afraid to ever get married. Especially because I plan on getting into real estate and am terrified of my spouse taking my business away.

>Canadian Courts are insane

You have no idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=SaC-2lj6HNg

>you have proof of purchase
>second person says you gay it to her
>judge says ok its yours now

H-m-m. I get it now. Not sure what does ouyr law say abou it. I think people just don't sue each other for goddamn gifts. It's soulless and pathetic.

>$14,300 engagement ring
stopped reading right there
why the fuck would you spend so juch on a stupid ring in a first place

How will wh*te """"""""""men"""""""""""" ever recover their wh*te wimmenz will be the end of them.

>American posting his racial fetishes

Every time

I'm not wh*te

>Literally having poo coloured skin and saving pictures of other couples on your computer so you can live vicariously through them

America

This thread belongs on Sup Forums or /trash/, sage.

>leaf bants
Kek I'm indo-aryan and have fair white skin(not wh*tey pigskin) lmao cumskin wh*tey cucks

Not even banter, just straight up an observation.

>fair white skin

Post your nipples arab burger

>Canadian Courts are insane

Of course they are. Common law is based on insanity.

Civil law is so much bet-

youtube.com/watch?v=GjgBfklmYj8