I work in a dementia ward. AMA Sup Forums

I work in a dementia ward. AMA Sup Forums

What's your job exactly?
Cause for all I know you could be the janitor or something boring

How many times you come into contact with shit everyday

Where do you work

how many times did you fiddle

I'm a nurse's aide and I cook on weekends for more hours.

Never. The procedures for health and safety are pretty strict tbh, unless you're giving patients a bath there's no real risk.

In a dementia ward.

Never have, but I like to play harmonica.

do u get blowjobs there?

I got one from a co-worker in the parking lot once, she was a qt 3.14 but threw up on my leather seats and hasn't talked to me since.

what age children do you babysit?

The sex must be great, your dick must smell awful .. can't have everything.

Have you talked any daft rich oldies into leaving you stuff in their wills?

Do you guys ever get people in their fifties and stuff? Who are the youngest patients?

how good is the sex?

What’s the sex like?

maybe you should try taking the initiative to talk to her, she probably feels bad...

You ever had sex?

What’s it like to sex with someone yes?

Sexual intercourse?

Sexual interstellar overgasm

Imagine sex but with a aides

No. It's not very easy to get real information someone who can't remember their name.

Youngest patient I've met was 55.
He was chill.

Thanks for having actual questions.

Ace of spades space of aides (her tight wet meat flaps) have you considered sex?!?

USA? How many patients do you tend?
And what is the gender split?

> (You)
>USA? How many patients do you tend?
Around 40 per won't, so 200 something.

>And what is the gender split?
Way more women. I know all the men by name, and I have a bad memory.

I have stories, if you want a greentext.

How much anal do you average a week

bump

Op here. Here's a story.

>be me
>first day working on Pine (the wings are all named after trees)
> cute nurse training me, Pine is where they keep the "at risk" patients. The kind who bite you and scream a lot, etc.
> in kitchen, basically a high school style thing with windows to serve from.
>"user, it's very important to pull these metal shades over the windows and lock the doors to the kitchen at night. We've had a resident that recently has been crawling over the windows.
> ff two weeks. First night alone, previous nights were gravy.
> end of the night, residents were on their "apartments" (cells).
>cont

> chilling on my phone in the kitchen, the only room other than the bathroom that doesn't have cameras.
> shades up, they're a hassle to close, and I'm tall but lazy.
> look up bc I feel suddenly paranoid.
>ifeellikesomeoneswatchingme.jpg
> nobody in the dining room, start to relax until I look at the door.
> old lady with literally no hair is staring through the glass, completely still.
> how long she was there, I'll never know
>I don't remember if this was the old woman the qt3.14 nurse had talked about, as many residents are prone to... Interesting habits.
> start to raise my hand to wave politely at her, most of the time it's enough to get them to leave you alone.
> barely move my arm before she bolts
>cont

That's wild. Any more stories?

Yeah I was going to ask who the youngest was as well.

Do you get angry patients? I've heard dementia can really frustrate sufferers and they can lose their rag easily.

How long do most people last? Can someone live like that for 10-20 years or do they tend to die fairly quickly?

Am interested. This is freaky shit.

> for a second I think it's ok, I hear her footsteps receding through the open window.
> nope
> look down at phone to check the time for the millionth time during my shift
> hear footsteps coming back, just as fast as they were when they went away.
>ohshitohshitohshit hell no
> plz Jesus not on my first night alone
> Jesus said nah bro see you soon
>cont

I'm interested

> (You)
>Yeah I was going to ask who the youngest was as well.

Glad to help.
>Do you get angry patients? I've heard dementia can really frustrate sufferers and they can lose their rag easily.

Most just sit there, blank stares and rocking in a chair.
>How long do most people last? Can someone live like that for 10-20 years or do they tend to die fairly quickly?
The place is basically a casket with tv and rubber forks.

Continue, OP

HAe you ever fuck a granny? or fap fap on the name of one?

Surely dealing with that shit on a daily basis makes you appreciate your own life. Do you try make the most of your time off and do things or are you exhausted? Can you switch off and forget about what you deal with when you drive home?

how big is ur dick?

do you check there temperature?

> freeze up, then quickly decide to close the damn shutters.
>too slow.
> the bald woman becomes a bald eagle, she practically flies over the counter. Ever heard of psycho strength? It's painfully real.
> painfully.
> real.
> eagle woman starts shrieking as she scrambles over the counter, tearing at her hospital gown as she goes.
> can't close shutters now, hurting a resident is a serious legal issue, grounds for instant termination and a lawsuit.
> nakedandafraid.exe
> she was naked, I was afraid.
> not describing what she looked like, I was too busy being clawed to see much of anything.
> turn my back to her assault, this is a tactic we are trained to do, to minimize risk of fight or flight responses and also to gtfo
> speaking of gtfo, guess who did.
> me, idiot.
> the end is near, cont

No. The reality is horrifying. But you learn to deal. Personally, I enjoy my job. It's an easy routine, and the reward is that there's some days a patient looks at you and says "You are a good person. Thank you." As someone with a lot of baggage, it's... Something.

Continue brother, we're still here.

I am hooked go on.

are there any hot old asians with dementia there?

I guess you'd say it gets pretty.......... CRAZY IN THERE! Haha get it op? It's funny because of dementia.

> stand up, she had basically tackled me
> bald eagle was surprisingly (or unsurprisingly, if you have ever dealt with the elderly and ill)
> make for the door, close it behind me and lock it (This is protocol for a patient on a rampage)
> immediately go to desk and call the on duty docs to bring the sleepy time darts (protocol part 2)
> oh shit. The shutters.
> run back to dining area, bald eagle is still in the kitchen, gown around her shoulders, throwing pots and pans around, the whole time screaming bloody murder
> docs arrive in under a minute
> sleepy time meds administered
> the look on her face as she passed out was a gruesome scowl of a broken person
> she looked like she desperately wanted something, but couldn't convey it and it was... Driving her mad, I guess?
> I still picture that look when I see her now
> docs come see me, get report on the situation, and I fill out the paperwork
> given a week paid leave and the option for counseling
> take the leave, fuck counselling
> come back to work a week later, go to the same wing
> rest in piece my favourite sweater

Rip
any more stories?

OP how many patients are there?

That's the scariest thing that's happened to me.
But I have a few others.

Go ahead and tell em, man

Ever heard of confidentiality?

Ever heard of a definition? It's what a word means, user. It's not against policy to discuss what patients have done if you don't name them, because the incidents are an actual learning experience for all nurses and future nurses.

I have another one coming. It's not scary, more sad.

Fuck off this thread is entertaining and who cares about that?

Do you have the Babadook trapped in your basement?

Bumping waiting for OPs next story

you know you're violating HIPAA by telling stories, right?

user aint naming anyone nigga.

For the boys who are interested and not asking idiotic questions to kill the thread bump limit.

For this guy, all stories on Sup Forums are regarded as fiction, or do you only know rules that don't apply to situations?

He's actually not. No information was given by which the person(s) in the story can be identified.

My sister is working in one aswell. Do you see this being your job till you retire?

I'm I once had to figth a patient who tried to set fire to the complex he was in, have you tried stuff like that? (I'm a firefigther btw)

how many of them have forgot about dre?

Ha. No. I'm taking classes to get a degree in computer science. I already applied to be IT where I work now, since I've already passed the background check and shit.
As nurses, we are legally bound to not injure or cause harm to patients in any way. On a situation where a resident sets a fire, we call the fire Department and evacuate the complex. What I mean is, the resident's safety is our primary concern, we're here to give them the care they need. If a resident is super hostile, we have hypodermic needles with stuff that would make a drug addict swoon. Hope that answers your question.

Story #2

> be me
> be 16
> work at a shitty grocery store in a shitty town where shitty people shit on you because you're the lowest guy on the totem pole.
> the HR guy was a different story
> old, white haired dude with glasses
> this man was Mr Rogers reincarnated.
> was in the army, yet all he says he learned was the value of a person
> obviously super good with customers and workers alike
> I learned so much from him, and honestly I tried hard at the shitty shitty shit etc etc because he was literally inspiring.
> quit the store after a year
> never see the guy, let's call him George, again
> until now
> now a week ago, that is
> cont

TL;DR, called police, fire or ambu?

Are you allowed to lay needles?

> be working as a cook, pulling a double (day shift as nurse, night shift as cook, because that's what I started as and I need more hours because student loans)
> serving din din
> "Here's your mashed potatoes, Ileen, the same thing you had for lunch and dinner yesterday"
> look up from serving as a new resident is brought in with my favourite qt 3.14 nurse
> okay maybe she was the reason I looked up
> the man who she was leading by the arm looked familiar. Like Mr Rogers.
> like George.
> of course it wasn't him. Couldn't be.
> be yesterday
> hear nurse talking to new resident
> "Blah blah weather blah I can't make interesting conversation because I don't care
> the man just listened intently and patiently
> "Blah blah blah, George?"
> feel back stiffen. No, just coincidence, user, don't let it get to you.
> go home, look up George on Facebook because I couldn't stop wondering where he was.
> where he really was
> no dice, but Mr Rogers didn't have a Facebook either, did he
> go to bed early because having a double shift today (and more breaks because our friend the govment)
> be breakfast, serving as morning cook
> French toast for my niggas in wheelchairs
> there's "George"
> cont

oh dear :( keep going

>not having the story pretyped

Knock it off, there is finally an interesting thread. Slow as it is.

bump

Continue plz

Bump.

Sorry Sup Forumsros, I'm on my phone and this is a very recent event. It's fresh in my mind, so I want to get it off my chest.

> serving that dank French toast
> I am a good cook, when I want to be
> nurse that was helping George eat comes to the window
> this poor guy couldn't remember his name most of the time, he constantly asked where was
> the nurse looks kind of confused, but she also has the look known to me as "I know this didn't happen, but I'll humor the patient"
> "hey user"
> btw this wasn't my qt3.14 leather seat ruining blow job co-worker
> "yes ma'am?"
> "George says he used to work with you at a grocery store of all places. Now isn't that silly?"
> no. I can handle being clawed to death.
> but not George. Don't take this man's memories. Don't take away his years of kindness.
> my father offed himself when I was 3
> when I told George all those years ago, he said
>"Fathers are people, user. And there are people everywhere. What matters is the people who care."
> I care. I work there every damn day just to pay my bills, but I wouldn't trade the golden moments for anything.
> nurse stares at me.
>" perhaps you can clear this matter up. He's quite insistent he wants to talk to you."
> go to George
> "Hello, sir. My name is-"
> "You'll have to forgive me, user. My hearing has all but gone after these years."
> he called me by name.
> he couldn't remember what a damn cucumber was
> he knew my name.
> sit and have breakfast with the man who inspired me.
> be lunch
> still reeling from earlier
> go to have lunch with George
> as I enter the dining room, he called to me
> "user, is that you? We used to work together at a grocery store. Why haven't I seen you here yet?"
> this guy couldn't remember breakfast.
> he knew my name.

Is everyone there with alzheimer's or are there a few there with brain damage from accidents/strokes/etc?

Thank you user for sharing this.

where do you work?

lame.

Dreading this myself since I start My first shift Monday at a memory care facility. Worked long term care and hospice before so I think I have enough experience with dementia for this.

One last story, and I've got to go. But I'll be back later, just less sober.

> be me
> be walking out of dining area after lunch with George
> hear his nurse wasting his time.
> just as I'm at the door, I hear George say
> "Forgive me. I know this is a odd question, but I'm having one of those silly moments where your brain forgets something."
> "What is my name?"

George.

Damn

wash out one of the patients butty with a piece of soap

One of the hardest things starting out is to adjust to the ratio of the different illnesses of the patients. Many of them won't have only dementia.

Already have experience there. Most of my stroke victims were also moderate staged dementia as well. Quite a few Parkinson's also had co-morbidity with stuff like heart disease or diabetes.
Had an uncle with early onset Alzheimer's that died from a heart attack 20 years ago so I know that the diseases are often paired.

Are you sure you work there?