ITT: Musicians whose death you will legitimately mourn

ITT: Musicians whose death you will legitimately mourn

I was listening to a different arrangement of God Only Knows today and for some reason I started crying. Not like sobbing or anything, but I was affected by it. I think half of it is the music and half was just me thinking about Brian's incredibly depressing life story. I hope he's happy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XqLTe8h0-jo
youtube.com/watch?v=_uLVo9R8sJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=9zLsAf6SCwY
rollingstone.com/music/news/laurie-andersons-farewell-to-lou-reed-a-rolling-stone-exclusive-20131106
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

47 days

Christmas mourning

damn...

Why are you guys such assholes? IS it really that funny?

Meme magic is surely nothing to joke about?

If digits this guy dies with Brian

I feel like you guys really hate Brian

It's been a meme for a while to joke about Brian's impending death for some reason. It's actually usually from people who appreciate his music

I bought a 7 disc box set of The Smile Sessions last month?

thanksgiving night

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with Brian? Apparently he went crazy or something?

This would fuck my shit up beyond belief...

When this man dies, I will not be happy.

My dad, Pete and Joe. Beck, Damon probably tortured soul that he is.

His dad beat him seriously as a kid, and not just odd fashion physical punishment, but legitimate abuse. On top of that he's suffered from life-long depression that became me serious mental illnesses such as auditory hallucinations that usually involve voices telling him to kill himself or somebody is going to kill him. He had his masterpiece get canned, which to an artist is like having your kid die or something. He medicated with drugs which are often a terrible mix with mental illness and so some whack job doctor took advantage of him for over a decade by over-medicating him, which essentially was what really fried his brain and caused lasting damage.

His diagnosis is "schizoaffective disorder" but Landy had him diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic and kept him fucking doped o medication for years. I was reading Brian's memoir and I wanted to fucking cry at the shit Landy did to him

Brian would be relaxing at his home when he wasn't hearing voices and Landy would drag him by his hair into the basement and sit him at the piano and scream at him to make a song

Brian was basically a prisoner for years, he had to save himself by basically slipping a note to his future wife saying "save me"

Unironically the greatest song of all time
youtu.be/XqLTe8h0-jo

This lad right here.

youtube.com/watch?v=_uLVo9R8sJ0

this was the version i was listening to for anyone interested, never heard of this group but i happened to come across it and thought it was good

Thanks lads.

Wherever the next mass shooting is I hope this bald cocksucker happens to be there

he's probably dead already

I hope she’s better at singing than she is at acting, she’s almost as shit as Dr Crusher.

That's a big toe

Paul's body double seems like a nice guy but I don't know that I'll mourn him

Good tragic backstory, too bad the music is shit.

Some of the most enduring and creative melodies and arrangements of the 60s are shit?

for you

Ozzy, and the rest of Black Sabbath, one of my first favorite bands.
Stevie Wonder
Elton John
Because of their impact on popular music.

hands down.

I love Elton's music and I don't know of a lot of people who don't, but has he had a marked influence on musicians who have followed him?

It's kind of the same thing with Billy Joel to me; both incredible songwriters, both incredibly well selling acts, but I don't know that they changed music

dude's already died once as it is

i dont like to wonder how much longer he's got

Yeah, I guess you're right. Not totally groundbreaking artists, but it'll still be sad to see some great songwriters die.

Definitely him, losing George as a 15 year old really hurt and I like Paul way more.

He's surfing up in heaven now.

Literally the only musician I care about.

These plus Tom Waits.

Costello's getting up there

please dont take him away

hell be fine

I will mourn her tits

I remember crying when I heard Mark Linkous had shot himself, and the worst part was nobody talked about it anywhere. It was one of the most depressing days of my life.

Doug is going to absolutely destroy me, but he's only fucking 48 he's not gonna die for a long ass time

Dolly is not for lewd

This one will be sad. Like Joan Rivers, which really hit me for some reason.

Interesting comparison. I wasn't that sad with Joan only cause she would usually joke about death, and she died getting a procedure which is how she would have wanted to go desu. Dolly will probably be way tougher cause basically everyone is gonna be mourning, one of the few universally liked celebs
youtube.com/watch?v=9zLsAf6SCwY
How can anyone hate this

Hopefully many decades away, but his songs mean so much to me, that it'll destroy me whenever it happens

I love her so much

Bowie and Lou Reed hit me really hard. Any one of these guys will utterly destroy me. I’ll have to call in sick that day.

I wasn't around for the mourning of Lou Reed, what was that like? I mean he wasn't exactly a nice guy by most accounts, whereas Bowie was both incredibly talented and a nice guy according to many

i think lou was a pretty nice guy. definitely nowhere near as concerned with being friendly as bowie, but still a nice guy at heart (save for the alleged domestic abuse, i know nothing about that). but regardless, it's the emotional relevance and significance his music has had on people's lives that likely caused most of the sadness.

hes invincible

She probably misses Lou, don't be too sad when she's gone.

On a related note her tribute to him was incredibly touching

rollingstone.com/music/news/laurie-andersons-farewell-to-lou-reed-a-rolling-stone-exclusive-20131106

>I believe that the purpose of death is the release of love.

obligatory

One of my favorite vocalists ever. A one in a million stage presence. Spent his life making fun, happy music.