This kills the Sup Forums-drone

this kills the Sup Forums-drone

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Is9pVxPE9ZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stop. I like Chris, but he's like half a step away from being a Sup Forumsdrone

Sup Forumsdrones actually lap up that william basinski 9/11 story though. based chris saw right through it

Someone explain why people here seem to love this guy.
Is it just becasue of his video on The Disintegration Loops? Everything he says about it in the video is fucking obvious. Do people just use him as an excuse to hate on the album since he has a platform?

that's not the only reason, watch his shallow rewards series youtube.com/watch?v=Is9pVxPE9ZQ

also the needledrop podcast with him is pretty good but like a faggot fantano keeps forcing him to talk about pitchfork

his indie rock knowledge is truly boundless and with it he forms these hot-ass opinions that Sup Forumscore babbies can't refute

He's clearly a lifer when it comes to music and writing about it in every way. His videos at their best are absurdly informative, he's strangely acerbically funny and he sees through the bullshit of the system he used to work for, always something interesting to say from an angle you maybe wouldn't have considered otherwise.

I can say with some great assurance I understand music and art better than this man ever will.

t. ryan schreiber

and now you have a ton of Sup Forumsdrones lapping up chris ott's story of william basinksi's story

beats the hell out of "muh symbolic tape loops"

ott is probably my favorite authority on music. i don't always agree with him, but i can always understand where he's coming from because he makes that very clear. also he doesn't tolerate any bullshit

you mad because they aren't lapping up your story on chris otts story on basinksi's story

how so?

Regardless of the 9/11 connection the Disintegration Loops are good

It's emotionally compelling music with a physical process base that hasn't been done much before, if at all.

>with a physical process base that hasn't been done much before, if at all.
explain

the fucking concept of the piece you fucking idiot
the tape literally disintegrating as it's repeatedly looped

like that's an approach to process and loop music that's novel

have you actually sat through all 9 hours of the disintegration loops???
I fucking doubt it. He's a low effort hack artist. Anyone can make drone and it's been done a million times before.

I sat through the full album #1, which is what earned the acclaim.
>Anyone can make drone and it's been done a million times before.
hahahahaha you think you're an intellectual and it's funny

who gives a shit if it's a novel way of recording/making music. That doesn't make the music any better, p4k shill
it's not even that creative
youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4

nobody is denying this. it's the "ART-CON JACKASS" point chris ott makes that i and others agree with

no, you think you're an intellectual
pretentious asshole. You'll never get the hour and a half of you spent wanking over basinki's shitty ambient noises back

I like the pure loop itself. I like the way the decay sounds.
The concept is just icing on the cake for me.
Also 4'33'' is a legitimately good piece. If it wasn't composers from Boulez to Stockhausen to Feldman to Berio wouldn't have taken huge influence from it.

John Cage came up with 4'3'' over 60 years ago. That's my point. There's nothing creative about recording your deteriorating magnetic tape recordings and then slapping the world trade center on the front of it.
Wow! What an artistic statement!
you've clearly never met a "modern artist" or gotten involved in the art scene at all. 99.999% is bland uncreative shite that holds no real value, that people pretend is good.

dude what the fuck does 4'33'' have to do with the process of Disintegration Loops

fucking what

"Disintegration Loops is talentless hackery and the story is made up" is the new "John Lennon beat his wife"

I'm talking about conceptual music, you fucking retard

>the fucking concept of the piece you fucking idiot
holy shit man i asked you to expand on a point that you made. are you autistic? calm down

>like that's an approach to process and loop music that's novel
>novel
the fact that you're defending the piece's novelty rather than its artistic quality isn't really helping your case. pic related became popular solely because it was novel as well

in that both statements are factual?

I'm fucking baffled right now

do you think you're smart or something

4'33'' is conceptual music but it's a completely fucking different concept, it's unrelated to DL's goal
Already said I like the DL's musically as well as conceptually. you can say you don't like the music but that doesn't make your opinion fact

In that both are statements that neckbeards love to parrot because they know it will get a reaction and establish their position as being "brutally honest, reals before feels"

>anyone who doesn't like this album is a neckbeard
classic nu-male non-argument

Chris is literally on the nu-male identification chart you drone

i was listening to wham! when the towers fell. highly profound experience

>hahah bro do u think you're smart or something
> bro ur not smart lol
>hahahaha u think you're an intellectual and it's funny

>yeah this experimental ambient album from a decade ago that people only know about because pitchfork gave it a 10 is good, I know about good music. You just don't get it.

You haven't refuted my argument, teenager :)

>p4k drone calls another person a drone

really makes you think

you have no point other than telling me I think I'm smart, or something?
Basinski is a no-talent hack, keep wanking over his music and see what good it brings you

>teenager

You were comparing 4'33'' to DL, which is a completely different concept of piece

both are pieces of conceptual art
I could very easily write a musical piece with no music in it. No-one would care because it's not original.
Basinki's idea is not original. He doesn't have an original statement about the world to make. He doesn't contribute any new ideas to anything.
Failing that, his music isn't actually enjoyable to listen to unless you're so out of touch with reality you think it's meaningful and artistic and you can "reflect on the essence of reality and how we could all just die any minute now and nothing is real or sure or safe". You're a garbage, pretentious idiot and I think you should come to terms with that.