I joined the marine corps about a month ago because I was depressed beyond my own comprehension...

I joined the marine corps about a month ago because I was depressed beyond my own comprehension. For a while it gave me hope and made me feel better, more motivated and all that, but because Ive had to wait so long for bootcamp im back to staying in bed and not eating anything for days straight and now im not even sure if I still want to go. Any advice? Any other marines/poolies in here? Depressed ? Feel like calling me a faggot? general discussion thread

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2012/04/11/150444802/where-does-america-get-oil-you-may-be-surprised
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wrong rank chart. Fake and gay

STOLEN VALOR!!

I know thats army I just thought it was funny

I'm not in the marines yet I'm just a pooly right now

your recruiter should rip your balls off for being a lazy little shit bag! secure your shit, get ready for boot. those yellow footprints are waiting for you. man the fuck up.

haha thanks man I agree with you, I just need to be slapped up a bit

i got news for you, when you get in boot if you think any other recruits will have any sympathy for you, you are sadly mistaken. they will fuck your shit up after lights out if you are still a shit bag and get them smoked all the time for being a fuck up. DI's will too. Don't think for a second that the games stop in the dark... If you don't want to go, then don't go. USMC doesn't want you if you aren't going to commit to it.

Also, if you joined the military (especially the Marines) because you were feeling depressed, you are in for a world of shit. No, not just a little bit, but a whole world of it, OP. Basic Training is going to break you down, crushing any and every semblance of individuality you had and didn't know you had. Your very soul will be crushed, and it will only get worse after Week 0.

The whole point is to break you down and rebuild you in the way they want you to be: a thoughtless, soulless, cold, mindless war-machine who will die for a faceless empire and the corporations keeping it alive (as well as the apartheid state of Israel). They call it 'boot camp' because they're destroying the OS you've spent a lifetime building up, and 'rebooting' you with a different one.

Do not go. Even if you manage to get out during basic, the guilt and shame will haunt you for years, not to mention the actual experiences of Basic.

The fact you are so flat and unmotivated is the reason why you must go through with this. I applaud you for taking the step, many people wouldnt even do that. You've got cold feet, and that's to be expected, no biggie. Just back yourself and see the person you will be coming out at the other end.
This is a really positive step in your life. The time will go quickly, it'll be over before you even know it. So stay course dude, stay the course. Future you will thank you.

The context for my depression was that I felt like I wasn't going anywhere in life because I'm the only one of my four brothers who didn't get into a great college, and I felt like a loser. So I kind of thought of it as my alternative to suicide. Why kill myself if I can let some sand nigger do it and take a few with me lol.

Thanks dude, I've wanted to be a marine since I was little and it took me a long ass time to build up the courage to actually get up to the recruiters and actually enlist. Best and biggest decision I've ever made for myself. Never felt more alvie.

>Never felt more alvie.
This. Again, it's natural to feel cautious now. You know it's gonna be tough, there ain't no sugar coating that. But I really want you to stick with it. You've obviously got it in you to make it through, otherwise you would never have enlisted.
The depression thing will make it difficult. Getting up early is a bitch. But the exercise will release endorphins, that's a positive for your mood. I could ramble on but will just say this.

Imagine yourself this time next year having gone, think about how that will help you physically, mentally and socially. Now imagine you this time next year having never gone. Who would you rather be? I guarantee if you do this there will be times you regret signing up and wishing you were home, but the regret will be bigger on graduation day if you're sitting at home having never gone.

>suicide
That's one way of doing it, but Basic itself will make you want to expedite the process.

Find something better. If you absolutely must do military, at least do Air Force or Navy, maybe even Coast Guard. The Marine Corps is absolute shit.

shit man you're right. imma try and get up early tomorow for a run. I did great for a couple months working out with the pool but I just feel like I have a sickness in me or something. Thanks brother.

why do you think they are shit? because they are the super loud jarheads?

I joined the Marine Corps for the same reason; I was just super depressed and wanted a sand nigger to shoot me so I could come back home a hero in a coffin. Can't say it'll work for you, but my 13 weeks at boot camp was the only time in my life I wasn't depressed, I had a reason to get up in the morning and I was a part of something. Yeah it sucks, but lying around like a fucking pud sucks way harder. I got kicked out right after boot camp because an incident from my past got dragged up, long story, but basic training itself was one of the best things I ever did for myself

That, and even after retirement (and have to work regular jobs), they tend to be among the worst types of people you'll ever have the misfortune of encountering. They're almost always acting as if they're kings of the universe, and their 'personalities' tend to be little more than mere extensions of their military "service." Not to mention, of course, it's the worst branch to be in, with the worst equipment, the shittiest bases, and the overall worst NCOs and officers.

It's all good man. I've totally got your back.

Sucks man.
Honestly, I've been doing a lot of thinking on enlisting to the Army. Much of the same reason.
Stay strong man.

My best friend joined the Marine corps. Before we used to do all kinds of cool shit together. When he came back he returned a self righteous, entitled douchebag and was completely contradictory to how my mentor was who was an old Marine who served in Nam or my other buddy who was 2nd div recon that ran covert ops in 79. Now my former best friend is divorced and remarried with kids from 2 different women in some backwater state running some appliance repair service. I heard that bullshit about brotherhood, honor and loyalty. No need to wonder how that shit is working out for him now.

As a Dad myself, let me tell you how tp deal with this shot. Look his nsme up on your best background check site. Its worth knowong all you csn about this prick. Pront it all up. Make a file on this fucker.

When he comes to the bbw, ask to speak to hom alone. Show him this file. Tell him assertively he is done dating your Daughter. Assure him you know every vullshit thing hes done. Remind hom if you can do this, you can find him anyplace he hides from you.

Cement the point home with a backhand across his sissy ass face. He should get the point. Tell him he isnt eating any of your food. Make him hand you the steaks you bought. Cook them for your dogs or cat.

Have good steaks for the rest of you. Cook and serve those while he sits in shame. On the way out tbe door, remind him your serious, and you want him away from your Daughter today. Problem solved.

Ummm. Wot?

Go home, Dad. You're drunk! lol

Obviously with your mind set your going down the wrong shithole.
Go find a job make money and then go to trade school. Hopefully by then your past your "im a depressed fag" years then get on with your life. If you still join you'll eventually kill yourself. Happens all the time in there no joke.

Go get an Eagle, Globe and anchor tat on your chest to lift your spirits and instill your pride of joining

Save yourself, your future unit, and the Marine Corps the trouble and just don't go. God forbid your first duty station is Okinawa and now you're far from home. Besides, you can still back out before shipping out. If you do what one of my platoon mates did and refuse to train, you'll get discharged and that goes on your civilian record and now you're really fucked. As a vet, I'm telling you what I've seen and only my point of view. In the end, it's totally up to you.

SHUT THE FUCK UP BOOT

Don't go OP, it's fucking misery.
Go get a life coach or something, you don't need to ruin you life to stop your lazy ass from wasting your life.

Lol 2 completely polar opposite viewpoints. No one is on the fence about this one.

This. One guy had one on his shoulder when I was in boot, and the DI's all commented on how bad it was and how much he must really want to be a Marine. Nobody fucked with that guy.

*bad ass. sorry.

Man, you've went haven't You? I can tell this happened to you brother. Don't be down on yourself. Not everyone is cut out for military life

Go to school while you still can

You might get laid. Every unit has their whore and you can guarantee that at least half the unit has hit it and they'll help you too. Nothing says brotherhood like sharing a barracks slut.

>joining the military when there's no immediate threat to US sovereignty

Why even bother, you're just a pawn to grab oil. Wake me up when it's WW3, then sign me the fuck up

If your going to join you need to know bootcamp is the marine corps way of breaking you down to nothing and then building you back up into whatever they need you to be.
I was pooled with a few of my friends for about a year before I went to boot. During that year some of my friends graduated and went to itb and what not. After a few months they regretted ever joining because the millitary is a servent to a corrupted government and has been since carter was pres.
When i went to boot i thought it was easy for the most part just do what you told as fast and loud as possible. The only problem i had that led me to leave before i became a marine was them trying to break me down mentally. I grew up with millitary parents so for a good part of my life i had military discipline and combat training (thanks to a dope former marsoc uncl of mine who owns a range) so i was raised with the mindset of a warrior but had the ability to think for myself like a normal human being.
The point is if you like you are and dont want your "uniqueness" to be snuffed out of you for however many years you plan on being in it a great option. Marines are the pride and joy of the US. Its not a decision to make lightly but remember why you chise to join and make sure its actually what yoi want in life

TLDR version: marine corps is cool in all but itll change you. if you dont care about that then oorah kill

He'd rather take a bullet to the brain than apply himself.

>This is a really positive step in your life. The time will go quickly, it'll be over before you even know it. So stay course dude, stay the course. Future you will thank you.
OP for fucks sake, this sentence is nothing by hollow platitudes.
>You've obviously got it in you to make it through, otherwise you would never have enlisted.
Cunt, are you for real? Plenty of people have enlisted and gone on to off themselves, become alcoholics, go awol from training and end up in prison or apply to be let go before finishing the training course.
There is every chance that OP will regret this decision.
>Best and biggest decision I've ever made for myself. Never felt more alvie.
What's best about it? You've been sold a pack of lies about what to expect and you're presuming it's the best thing you've ever done already.

Navyfag here. Shit's getting real in 7th fleet and North Korea, and Bahrain isnt getting any better.
It's going to happen, soon, maybe not, but within the next decade.
But.
Don't let these civilian cucks talk you out of the best decision of your life. You won't regret it.
I was the same way before bootcamp, anxious as shit, but I made the most of it before I left.
Do I miss being a civilian? Fuck yeah, but I wouldn't go back for the world.
It's a great start, great pay and an even better basis.
I'll assume you've been out of highschool for a year or so, if you aren't graduating this year, so I'll give you a huge pointer. Keep your head up and remember why you joined, to be great. DIs will be on your ass, beating the shit out of you, and they'll ask why you joined. You tell yourself, and show to them why.
You joinednto be fucking great.
Endeavor is the word I wrote on my hand every morning before reveillee, it helped me push though. I know you got this.

Civilians dont know shit about how it really works, just listen to what former and active enlisted/commissioned personnel say.
I believe in you, user.

Amen to that, brother. I agree with user here.
Just remember why you joined.

Also if you decide to go shave your ass crack before you ship. The food is ass and you worn be able to shit solid for a while. Yo also will have absolutely 0 tome to wipe that mess out of your hair before you go pt. Trust me a 5mile march with an ass rash is NOT FUN AT ALL

Notice the only people here telling you to not join are civilians with no clue?

neck yourself

"At least that's what I've heard" - Every civilian ever.

Literally

You're welcome to contribute.

I recognize 1SG Smith as a Stolen valor loser. Are the rest all stolen valor as well?

This.
Did it. Loved it, hated it at the same time.
If I had my time over again I wouldn't change a thing.

Just wait until you get to boot camp, dude. Actually, no, just wait until you're a PFC in the fleet. Then you'll want to kill yourself. Provided you complete boot.

Nuke war will happen in 2 years so why bother. We are already dead, we just haven't died yet.

Not possible. Un doesn't have the support to stop us from intercepting. Worst comes to worst we get EMP'd.

I did four years and got out. Now I'm in my senior year of college with my GI bill.

Keep strong user. The benefits are worth wading through the shit.

I'm rejoining as an Officer because being a civilian sucks dick unless you're from a wealthy family or catch a lucky break.

What business is it of anyone here what happens in Bahrain?

Marine Corps is fun and all but there are a lot to of times when you’ll think it’ll be easier just to kill yourself. Mass punishment is still a thing, and getting your liberty taken away because some dude from your unit that you don’t know did some stupid shit a hundred miles away is retarded.

That said I’d still rather be here than working as a civilian. It’s really just what you make of it.

stfu faggot no one cares

Don't join the military. I've never been more depressed in my life.

I'm this fag
I agree. Being a civilian sucks ass. I'd rather get my libo secured than be homeless for 6 months again. No one gives a fuck about you out here.
While you're in you get free medical, free housing, and free food. All of your money is basically spending money.

It's so crazy how often people in the civilian world just promise you things like a job and then just decide not to give it to you after dragging it out.

not sure where you pulled that one from, but here's mine

npr.org/2012/04/11/150444802/where-does-america-get-oil-you-may-be-surprised

while oil from Canada and US are the biggest sources, I wouldn't say they account for 86% of the United States' oil, not by a long shot.

Besides the point of oil, the USA has always been the "World Police" task force no one asked for. When we weren't fighting off commies, we were gaining resources. Its just sad to be used as some pawn in a greater scheme, dying only to further the cause of globalists and lobbyists.

Until I know I'm fighting to save the world (for the third time) I'll stay out of the military and mind my own damn business.

He’s right though.

Uhhh, literally the entire conflict in the middle east?

Im a Marine. Get some sun on your body and stop being a faggot

Wouldn't everyone be better served by fucking off and letting someone else have it?
Now that America can frack it's own oil, why maintain an imperial outpost in that shithole?

The difference with the Navy, is that you'll wanna kill yourself AFTER boot camp lol. All the military bearing, feeling proud like you're doing some kind of great thing, you know, the things that got you through the dumb shit? Meaningless after boot. You might as well work in a civvie factory for all it's worth, the only things you have to look forward to are paychecks and maybe college. My advice to anyone going in, is to do your 4 years and bail, just make sure you take an MOS/Rate that will transfer to civvie life or you'll be next to useless when you leave.

Power projection. Limiting Russia's sphere of Influence.

WRONG RANK CHART RETARD, DONT DISRESPECT MY CORP FAGGOT, OH WAIT im not a marine yet im still in HS... SHIT

>(for the third time)
Presumable you're referring to WWII and something else.
What would the other one be?
Ah yes, those evil Russians who's economy is in steady decline thanks to US sanctions. I can't imagine why they might have some animosity towards you.

Fellow Poolee here. I was in the same boat as you a year ago. Had no idea what I was going to do out of high school but had always considered marines. Finally grew some balls and decided I was gonna enlist. Shipping out April 2nd and I can tell you I feel way more driven and feel like less of a shitbag. Just stay motivated and keep training. If you don't wanna do this you wouldn't have got off ur ass and enlisted in the first place.

Top kek. Only been saying that every year since 1961 and the Bay of Pigs.

I'm in French wich obviously is clearly not as difficult. But i've also felt depressed beyond what i thought could be possible.
Just hang in there.
Leaving won't do you any good

No one cares about animosity. They are just our most fervent competitors for world dominance. No hard feelings.

The doughboys in WWI. We may have joined late, but the final push was enough to end the war in Europe.

If you have a serious depression the Marine corps is not going to help you. We already kicked out some depressed retard a few months ago for failure to adapt (I'm surprised he wasn't weeded out during boot camp). You should seek professional help, the Marines is likely just going to make your depression worse.

Wheres the navy seal copy pasta when you need it

That's not necessarily true. I was from a poor family and very depressed because I couldn't do much with my life in a rural county. The Corps gave me opportunities and taught me a lot about the world. Now I'm in college and enjoying life. It was all thanks to the things I learned and the benefits I got from the Corps.

You might be right, but you could just as easily be wrong.

>Until I know I'm fighting to save the world
Enjoy your life of never being in the military then, because nobody is ever going to be saving the world by killing other people.

Think about this for a minute. For every soldier your country has, there is a soldier in an "enemy" country who thinks he's just as brave and just as proud as yours. You are effectively saving the world by not playing this game. As Einstein once said, "The pioneers of a warless world are the young men who refuse military service".

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Different from what I take out of the navy but ok

Dead meme storage.

No one achieved anything by doing nothing.

Germany wanted peace since 1916 and only fought on because the British refused to negotiate.
America is directly responsible for the state of the world after WWI and therefore WWII and the millions that died as a result.
The sooner your misbegotten nation turns to dust the better for all of us.

First off you suck.

What about the Nazis

Thanks for stealing my tax dollars while contributing nil.

So I'm guessing you dont have a military discount?

You hate

No problem faggot. Your beta tax helps me enjoy life.

And the unconstitutional appropriation of my hard earned cash gives free-loaders like you even more of a reason to act pompous and entitled. Did I touch a nerve, jarhead?

Take thier guns without due process.

"Joins Marines"..posts Army ranks..sure thing man

Yeah. You made my dick twitch. I get off on the smell of betas submitting to their government and feeding my now relatively carefree lifestyle.

What about the Nazis? They were supported by an army of well-intentioned people who gave their lives for their country.

Stop being mean. I could take down the government if I wanted. I have an IQ of 200+

What about them? They had war declared upon them by the British and French for trying to reclaim land that was wrongfully taken.

As if your meat-head screaming "beta" means anything. Intellectuals have always led the cannon fodder like yourself, or more like manipulated. But don't mind me, just shut yourself up and insist you're significant.

So the death camps were wrongfully taken too I take it?

What did you make on the ASVAB? I scored 92/99 in high school and recently retook it to rejoin as an Officer and scored 98/99.
I wouldn't want to go down the intellectual route if I were you. I'm about to finish my degree in Psych with a focus on Personnel Management and go back in to lead men and women to better their lives and our country.

The folks I dealt with in there just forced a reality check on me is all. It's a bunch of fancy, prancing, self-serving drones sucking dick on the daily, suck the dick and keep the machine running smooth. The only redeeming feature I gleaned from the Navy besides college was the otherworldly-pleasure of being at sea with not a soul in sight clear to the horizon. Those few times I got to enjoy and even drive my ship, those were what made my service worth the 4 years, the college was just a convenient bonus. Only time I felt pride as a sailor after boot camp was when I was permitted to take part in a burial at sea.

In the extremely unlikely event that the Holocaust did happen, the death of 6 million kikes is nothing compared to the tens of millions who died because the US funded Britain's insane warmongering.

>this is what eurotards actually believe