What's eastern Germany like today?

What's eastern Germany like today?

Like Kentucky, but colder.

Like Poland but with way better infrastructure and higher unemployment rate

They most godless place on earth. Religion will go extinct there with the end of the current generation.

I don't know but their posters on here are awful

jealous desu

How did it become lower than even every other Eastern European country?

moving there soon

For work user?

Will any region of Eastern Germany ever caught up with the West?

it's funny because many western germans compare them with hillbilly rednecks of america but in terms of religion they are quite the opposite.

For studying
My family is also mainly from Saxony but I've grown up in the West

tu dresden?

The same as the western part of the country basically.
If you think there are some commie traits left you'll be disappointed.

yeah

Is it better over in the east or worse?

I've only ridden through it on train a decade ago and then it was obvious money was being dumped into modernizing/repairing it so it didn't look like a Soviet shithole. I hope it's nice now, I like Germans and their neighbors. Memes aside Central and Northwestern Europeans are easily our best immigrants.

>0.0%
lmao what was the sample size of that age group
I live in eastern Berlin and I know several people who believe in god. They're a minority but they still exist

Better in what regard?
I don't live there yet, so I will probably not be able to tell.
Finding a payable flat is far easier in the East than it is in the West, though

field? do they offer master courses in english?

You mean like still having one governor from the commie party ruling a state?

And yet Mutti's father was a minister who left the religious Western Germany for the godless east.

CS
As far as I know, you need to prove that you can speak German for applying, regardless of your field. For Master studies you also need to prove that you can speak English, I don't know which language it's going to be in t b h

Society-wise, how people are, behavior, degeneracy, upkeep, pay, etc.

Like what are the positives and negatives of the East compared to the West in a variety of areas?

I think it's more based on being politically correct. I wish it wasn't so.

Having German relatives though made me realize they vote like mental patients. If a party supports a reduction in green house gases they'd vote for it even if it was pro third world immigrant and said immigration increased greenhouse gas production because that's somehow ok.

Also, in private they loudly bitch about third world immigrants.

ok thanks user, dresden looks a comfy place to live for a few years, a real german city.

My father was arrested in East Germany in 82 by some some retarded police or something because he was carrying multiple clocks made in west germany. Never thought that being a clocksmith was that dangerous. I should ask about it from him again at some point.

less jobs, less salary, cheap flats, less people, less imigrants, less infrastructure, less maintained cities, stronghold for right and left wing groups.

I can't really say too much about the people there, I've only ever really been there for family visits. Pay and upkeep are usually lower than in the West. The countyside isn't doing too well, though, many people moving away from the villages but noone moving into the villages.
The two states that best managed to catch up with the West are probably Saxony and Thuringia. Mecklenburg-Vorpommern seems comfy, Brandenburg and Sachsen-Anhalt seem desolate, but that's from my narrow perspective.

That's part of the reason why I decided to go there

If I started a business there and hated third world immigrants, as an American would I be hated (25% English, 25% Scottish, 25% NW German, the rest Polish (but based on names and time period, heavy Austrian/upper Saxony)).

East Germans are largely West Slavic, DNA-wise, so you just might fit in.

What he said They are going to take a saliva sample, evaluate it and then decide whether they are going to accept you

You realize that climate change will increase the number of catastrophies and conflicts that will led to more future third world immigration and refugee crisis?

What's 'mental' about being aware of this fact?

Opposing climate change counter-measures and supporting military interventionism while bitiching about third world immigration like you do and what most Amerians tend to do, is actually more logically inconsistent than this.

no one gives a fuck about your ancestry, but americans arent that liked in east becouse people are still affected by the soviet propaganda against americans. starting a buisiness isnt as easy like in the USA and its not worth it opening one in the east since you need to pay the same salaries as everyelse in Germany and probaly make less profit. Also you are yourself a immigrant.

I don't understand why anyone buys into this story

>You realize that climate change will increase the number of catastrophies and conflicts that will led to more future third world immigration and refugee crisis?
not to fortress murka it won't

>muh ancestry

Climate or not, places like Nigeria exploding from 10 to 500 million in a few decades will lead to widespread poverty there anyway, and they all will want to come here. Punishing our economy and middle class (mostly the latter, as big industry is of course exempt from EEG) won't help at all

i dont understand it either, why americans always come with muh ancestry? no one else do it but americans.

Thinking about their ancestry is part of their culture. Not even kidding.

they dont have culture thats why they come with their muh ancestry.

no, I mean not to anyone but you would expect that type to come to an international board now wouldn you. Otherwise it would be really boring as a burger here I imagine

They are all welfare-niggers there. They leech on the rest of Germany, I have heard.

So like Andalusia, but cold.

Nailed it