Has anyone seen it yet? Im so hyped but I can't find it anywhere online

Has anyone seen it yet? Im so hyped but I can't find it anywhere online.

Other urls found in this thread:

yumpu.com/en/document/view/55901829/ted-chiang-story-of-your-life-2000
youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>shilling shilling shilling

just go see it on cheap night

i thought it was visually above average and having theater audio system is worth it

overall I really liked it

expect Sup Forums to be contrarian as usual. essentially we agree on nothing

>shilling shilling shilling shilling

I got back from seeing this less that 2 hours ago. Literal Kino.
Amazing directing and cinematography. I almost cried twice.
Half the audience seemed bored though so I guess its not for everybody

It's not out in my countey till mid december :(

>watch the trailer
>no reason to watch the movie anymore

Why do they keep doing this

Yes, it's excellent. We had a decent, spirited thread on it last night, but overnight looks like there was a cynical meme thread. Don't believe the memers, it's beautiful.

Paint that thing orange and you got a poster for ant man

>let's completely ignore the other thread on this movie that has 190 replies and create a brand new one

>>watch the trailer

There's your problem. I went in fresh, as per my practice of not watching any trailers. Though they're hard to avoid in theaters.

Once you watch the movie you realise the trailer doesn't actually give that much away

>shilling shilling shilling shilling shilling

It's one of those movies where your mind will not wander for a second. For two hours the story is going to completely pull you in. It is really good. I hate Amy Adams and I loved it.

This film will completely change your life. You must go see this in theaters!

I wish! But's not out here until December 8th. Hopefully I can find it online.

lol

Is this one of those vague movies where its completely boring so they have nothing to talk about in the advertising? So they claim its really deep and you need to watch it to find out.

Fuck off

jidf, pls

They talk with the squids. Its like animal planet.

DUDE NEVER TRUST THE SNEAKY CHINKS LMAO

Just hilarious, really.

Does it really display the "intellectual prowess" they are currently boasting about to do its promotion or is it just basic sci-fi (bullshit)?

>Does it really display the "intellectual prowess" they are currently boasting about

HAHAHAHAHA

of course not

Aliens land on earth to teach us a time travelling language

Yeah its that intellectual

It's interesting, thoughtful and speaks to actual human emotion. "Intellectual" may not fit as such, but it's smart in it's way.

Why do they ask to offer a weapon?

They don't

They do in a trailer

Ouch. I had doubts, but now comes sorrow.

The new interstellar, hopefully this turns out to be good though.

see the movie. it's about understanding language and translation. no point spoiling it.

it gets worse

They came here because in 3000 years they need us to cure them of ass cancer.

im not joking

You're a fucking idiot. Congrats on being proud of that.

>this guy's a mobster and he dies and his kid needs to become the mobster. Yeah it's that deep

>there's this war and this guy dies. Yeah it's that emotional

>time traveling language
Holy shit you did not pay attention

Can't wait to see this kino so I can finally become intellectual.

>let's completely ignore the other thread on this movie that has 190 replies and create a brand new one

> hi im user and IM IN CHARGE HERE

>looking for online source is shilling

t.capeshitter

>i have a tiny penis

Wasn't there a movie with pretty much the identical plot to this that came out on the SyFy channel years ago?

Except the spaceship looked like a giant rock. And it was revealed that aliens seeded Earth with life billions of years ago.

No, you're an idiot.

Great movie, cool "twist". I loved the exposition of the contact itself and the sheer difficulty of understanding a completely alien mind with no concept of time.

Blade Runner is in a good hands.

well the core plot isn't new.

In fact it's exactly the same as Interstellar (aliens speeding up human progress to help save them via time travel).

But instead of mathematics being the cosmic mode of communication in Interstellar, in Arrival it's language. Two sides of the same coin.

just watched it. Dont waste your money, story is pointless with no solid conclusion. The aliens have no purpose other than to drive amy adams insane.

so you didn't even understand it. got it.

There was no aliens in Interstellar.

I liked Arrival's pacing and structure more Interstellar's finale felt a bit tryhardy. Daniel does not pander to normies as much as Nolan.

>In fact it's exactly the same as Interstellar (aliens speeding up human progress to help save them via time travel).

Weren't the "aliens" in Interstellar actually just humans from the very distant future?

Also the plot from Interstellar reminded me of Contact.

my bad. it was "future humans" as such. still the core plot is the same.

The holy trinity of modern contactkino is finally complete.

it was already complete.

how can someone understand extremely unrealistic telepathical bullshit. I thought it was meant to be about cracking a code and it ended up just being about visions and dreams.

everyone else got it because we aren't Michael Bay watching retards. It's based on a Nebula Award winning book.

There was not telepathy in the movie you fuckwit. It's a fucking science fiction movie. We already know that time flows differently in a different parts of universe, why can't you understand such a simple concept of nonlinear time in this movie?

i get that the aliens showed amy adams the future, but they only did it to show her how to prevent the war. why? why didnt they just do something if they didn't want war

I wanna read the book now. Is it worth it? I don't usually read books.

they didn't show her the future. she saw it for herself after they taught her their perception of time

and they did it not just to stop war, but to give them their coded formula. Since they couldn't speak Earth, they needed to establish a basis for communication first.

Once they managed to talk to humans and find a basis for understanding, they gave up their secret formula and fucked off.

I'm buying it this weekend. It's super short (250 odd pages) so it's probably great if you don't read much. From what I've read it's heavy on linguistic science.

Hard sci-fi is always worth reading.

[spoler] They did not "show" the future. They just communicated with us. Humans kept misinterpreting alien messages because they all refused to think outside of the box, all except for Amy.

Aliens have no concept of time, they live in every timeline at the same time. There is no "before" or "after" for them, it's just "is". Once Amy started digging into their language and way of thinking, the visions from the future came.

They did not came to prevent the war, they came to teach us their language and way of thinking because this basically changes humanity drastically and allows humans to help hectapods 3000 years later. [/spoiler]

You can read it online, it's a short story.
It was like a 3 hour read for me and I read really slowly. It's pretty good, really makes you think.

>they taught her their perception of time

humans being able to see beyond linear time simply by looking at alien typography. that is ridiculous. i think you need to do a little more than "think outside the box" to defy quantum physics.

Going to see it in an hour.
What did I think of it?

that's sci-fi for you. It's a leap of logic that's meant to engage you in an idea. Sci-fi isn't purely representational of our universe, it's about its possibilities.

this post is ironically relevant to the content of the film.

technically you've already seen it.

I really liked the story and the science fiction concepts but it was pretty achingly long. All of the time spent learning the language was so tedious.

>day off
>nothing to do

Might as well see this alone

What this guy said. Also, it's one of the less ridiculous concepts out there, not more ridiculous than flying into a black hole to accelerate time into infinity.

Read the short story. Literally the entire thing is just asking how language could influence thought and perception.
It's presenting an interesting idea and then wrapping a story around that, it's not suggesting if we formed our sentences all at once we would actually get super powers.

Interstellar did go a bit overboard with "going into a black hole" logic.

You get spaghettified before you even reach within a million miles of it

Not true for supermassive black holes. Theoretically.

Everything in Interstellar is true to modern science and our current perseption of universe.

somebody kill this thread if there isnt a link online

Just remember to turn on your brain as you enter the theater

Villeneuve is one of the biggest trashmasters working today. He is an enemy of cinema and art.

Elaborate. Also some examples of true filmmakers and artists would be nice.

After this film he will be the Ambassador of Kino.

saw it last night, a fat popcorn crunching, candy wrapper rustling cow made my girlfriend and I move because there was assigned seating, even though there were about 20 people at the showing. after the trailer for that Christmas party movie, she said "I want to see that! xD"

at the end of arrival when the title screen came up, she blurted "okay I don't get it HAHA" expecting the whole theater to laugh with her.
so I know exactly the kind of people who dont "get" this movie.

>at the end of arrival when the title screen came up, she blurted "okay I don't get it HAHA" expecting the whole theater to laugh with her.

Tell me more tales of your jaunts to the theater user

This is why there is a strict No Singles Policy sweeping across the globe.

SAY NO TO LONELY SINGLES

BEWARE, FALSE ADVERTISING. There is no conflict in the movie.

>it's smart in it's way.
that sounds like a politically correct way to state that the flick is fucking retarded.

jesus having a gf sounds terrible

I saw it yesterday, it is really really good. Its more of an exploration of humanity and How we would react in that situation.

Do they fully show the Heptapods or are they always obscured by the fog stuff?

They do.

What would be PC about that you fucking moron?

This is one of those pseudo philosophical movies that come out every so often based on a better work that came before it which normies eat up because it makes them feel smart.

THIS
B
H

Does it have nigger aliens like the one from '96?

How can a movie make someone so butthurt?

can someone photoshop the spaceship to be a big black dildo?

thanks

yumpu.com/en/document/view/55901829/ted-chiang-story-of-your-life-2000

I don't get it

It would look like a lemon wedge.

>pseudo

Mark of a retard

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg

This movie is dumb AF. I hoped in the trailer it wasn't going to be all somehow connected to amy adams and her personal life, but it was.
Non linear alien bs is also garbage when you are telling the story in a LINEAR MOVIE christ.
3deep5me

>telling the story in a LINEAR MOVIE
you didn't watch the movie

It's not even out yet, I mean really out

I'm not going to the theater by myself so f-u