LOL I bet he ate plenty of subway sandwiches after hitting that baby
>jonah does some coke
erm, ok
>protagonist has improbably cute gf who can't act
hmm, what else do I have in my backlog
>they go to iraq and helicopter appears
>it ain't me starts playing
>pause movie and start this thread

should I bother continuing? this might be the worst movie I have seen this year.

Why doesnt the music fit at all with the movie

I forgot to include >random beastie boys track in my critique.

jonah just did coke again and the whiplash guy danced. I don't think I can make it through this.

this movie was comfy

Its a good movie that breaks down the US's perpetually fucked involvement in the war business to a level that anyone can understand but you're a high school Sup Forumstard desperate to be above it all so carry on

And yeah its hard to believe I know but a lot of people actually do smoke weed in real life

Would've been a good movie if Lord of War and Goodfellas hadn't had already done it better.

Miles Teller was pretty weak, they should have ditched the whole family-baby-Im leaving-you plot, and focused more on the comedy of situations those two got in, also should have ditched the whole double crossed, backstab, sad ending stuff.

Seriously this had potential to be an excellent comedy.

>edgy pot cuck uses a movie from the great mind of 'the man that brought you The Hangover' to tell him about geopolitics and middle eastern warfare

I'd really hope we;re all at the point where we can recognize a shit movie from the trailer.

Why does Hollywood still think Miles Teller is going to happen? It's never going to happen.

It was meh but it wasn't incoherent like the accountant. But I don't really see why it was made. It was like they tried to go for a low-middle of the range movie when that sort of thing gets crushed in today's market. Some of the scenes at the guy's home with his wife felt like a tv show

You meme'd pretty hard in the beginning but then you dropped it towards the end. You shouldve written some "LE"s and "xDxDXD"s

People don't like that it's true.

his voice is annoying, he doesn't seem to be attractive to either women or gay men and isn't alpha enough to be a leading man, and he has one facial expression.

The movie is dogshit but Jonah Hill actually outacts everyone in this movie.

He chose to portray his character in a very unusual way, you can tell he really worked on that role, his performance is idiosyncratic as shit. He plays the manipulative liar very well and everything from his weird laugh, to his walk is sort of fascinating.

Everything else is shit.
Miles teller, shit.
The fucking jew love interest? Awful.
Bradley Cooper playing the ex machina drug dealer that actually looks like a pedo? the fuck out here.
Editing? Raw sewage.
The script is boring.
Weed was smoked and nothing of value was gained.

This film is garbage.

OP here. I shitposted on various boards for the last hour without paying attention but left it on. dreadful stuff.

whiplash man is a pretty big guy these days, perhaps because of all that drumming. why is he bothering? clearly actual effort rather than drug-assisted at this point as well.

literally a poor man's wolf of wall street.

It even copied the real life protagonist making a cameo.

Underrated

Great movie senpai.
Legit fucking kino

Goodfellas isn't relevant to war profiteering.

Just watched this, when does the real guy show up?

>clearly actual effort rather than drug-assisted at this point as well.

How can you tell?

all arms and no chest or shoulders.

I liked this movie, it made me nostalgic for Bush. I miss him.

Well it would make sense either way, he's doing a boxing movie next so it'd explain his looks, there was a similar thing in Fargo S2 with Jesse Plemons he kept the weight he put on for Black Mass

>this film is garage. Boo-fucking-hoo!
Just watch it in full you fucking demented faggot.

I really enjoyed it, it sticks to its tropes to tell a really interesting story
It's the sort of film that I'm not surprised triggers Sup Forums;
>dude weed LMAO
>hedonism
>hot girls
>miles teller
>true story that portrays the fucked up corruption of bush-era america
>fat jonah hill acting
>two 20-something year olds that were making millions without a college degree

It's like everyone who was triggered by the wolf of wall street cause seeing successful people have fun made them feel bad about their own lives