What's your opinions on Robert Rodriguez, Sup Forums?

What's your opinions on Robert Rodriguez, Sup Forums?

Robert... WAIT

From Dusk till Dawn, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Sin City, Planet Terror, Machete, he makes some really enjoyable films, they're not high art but he's doing things that are good and that I like. The nods and the winks and what are actually tropes are done in such a way they feel reinvented and fresh rather than recycled and unoriginal. Planet Terror was a nice homage to old exploitation films, and because that's what they set out to do they could focus on making it one big stylistic reference, they didn't have to try and paint the bodywork of another run-of-the-mill plot line with some gore and sex to sell it as something else, that's his strength; you know what you're getting. He can have a mariachi shoot people with their guitar in a way that's not a gimmick. He can use colours like he did in Sin City to elevate the emotions and actions of characters and not feel unnecessary or pointless. I find myself actually liking when machete uses a machete because he's called machete, he makes it cool, it's so unpretentious I can't help but respect it.

The original desperado, el mariachi was pretty good but then it was all down hill from there, although i would say planet terror was ten times better than death proof and cuckintino was trying way too hard to be super deep with that shit

Planet Terror > Death Proof

sharkboy and lavagirl was true art

no one is going to read that block of autism.

He only makes kino

Anyone else watch the From Dusk Til Dawn series?

how do you know it's autism if you didn't read it, I'm not even praising him that much I'm just saying I'm glad his films exist because there's not a lot quite like them and I enjoy them.

THIS IS FACT

is it good

He has fun doing movies, such a rarity in these days...

Surprisingly yes. Season 1 is a re-telling of the movie.
After that, it's all original content.

ill watch it

Tryhard.

I literally live two blocks away from him in Austin. He's a pretty cool guy.

Do I need to watch El Mariachi if I want to get into the Mexico Trilogy? I have Desperado and OUaTiM available, but I'm wondering if I should get Mariachi first.

No. I don't think I've ever seen the entirety of El Mariachi but I enjoyed the other two.

rushes into movies/projects that's why some are complete trash, also he's definitely not an artistic director even though he made a documentary about directors and he spoke some dumb garbage there

>Machete
was utter CRAP

true ^^^

not really. El Mariachi feels like it was made by an amateur. Desperado was like a hollywood remake of it where the fat guy and the real dumb Mariachi that gets the wrong case with the guns is blended into the character played by Antonio Banderas lmao,

A nothing without Tarantino.