"If any of you, in any way, hate homosexuals, people of a different color or women...

>"If any of you, in any way, hate homosexuals, people of a different color or women, please do this one favor for us — leave us the fuck alone. Don’t come to our shows and don’t buy our records."

ITT: based musicians

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ni_6sISHnqQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I USED TO BE INTO DOPE

"If any of you, in any way, hate shotguns, heroin of a different potency or sexually transmitted diseases, please do this one favor for us — leave us the fuck alone. Don’t come to our shows and don’t buy our records."

truly based

its pretty weird how most social activists end up having the most problems with their inner demons?

is there any study about this?

>implying Kurt was a social activist in any way
Also I've made it a policy for my band that I unfollow any band that posts or reposts anything that has to do with politics because it has no place on my feed or near our music

>I don't like thinky things in my music, it gives me brain hurts

>>implying Kurt was a social activist in any way
i mean at the time pre-internet for a mainstream artist to say that was pretty huge. hes pretty much inspired all these political musicians who try so hard to write something meaningful on their social media accounts to hopefully get more popular.

I'm glad he said that because of his authenticity but i can't help but feel sad that he ended up killing himself aka help himself.

People are shit in general, especially socially vulnerable ones. The more you ignore them the better your own life is.

also to add kurt is still ahead of the game. most popular acts of today still don't say much regarding social issues.

A good musician, but not a person i would look up to by any means. Don't idolize mentally ill people.

>most popular acts of today still don't say much regarding social issues.
Because it makes you look like a total knob, and the only cure is suicide.

>Because it makes you look like a total knob,
they already do that with their shitty expensive music videos that add nothing to the work.
they only join something (like feminism) until its safe for them to benefit from it.

they probably still have some dignity not to be a hypocrites.

How can you even be political if as an artist you represent the worst of qualities in human beings. Economically unjust (untamed capitalism) , culturally unjust (promotion of mindless consumerism of trash) and worst of all: socially unjust (prostitution, drug abuse, power abuse).

Kurt was murdered

BUT NOW INTO RACISM

>whether I like your ideology or not is more important than the impact of my own music that should be an expression of my soul and vision of beauty
>based

First of allo Kurt was not an activist, at least not a political one, he literally did not give a fuck about everything which was concerned with politics. He just hated the differences in race or sexual preferences. It's not about idealizing a mentally ill person, it's more like appreciating his music, his way of think and his attitude. Kurt was not only depression and heroin like many of you could think. I suggest, for those interested, to read "heavier than heaven", a biography about Kurt written by Charles Cross.

>most popular acts of today still don't say much regarding social issues.
Which is a good thing because none of them know what they're fucking talking about.
99% of them probably don't have experience in political science nor a degree in those fields nor have actually written and read academic materials and journals relating to the hard data behind shit like economic collapse of 3rd world countries, why poverty exists and so on. And they shouldn't because their job is making music as will possibly be mine once im done university. if they want to be activists go write some fucking papers and do research and stop reading bullshit off of WaPo and the New York Times because no actual academic takes them seriously.

Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. Wogs I mean, I'm looking at you. Where are you? I'm sorry but some fucking wog...Arab grabbed my wife's bum, you know? Surely got to be said, yeah this is what all the fucking foreigners and wogs over here are like, just disgusting, that's just the truth, yeah. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. You fucking (indecipherable). I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans and fucking (indecipherable) don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want fucking wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!

>We're feminist, we support homosexuality and individualism, we're in favor of a transparent world leadership.
Death Grips

>Kurt's ideology is not a part of his soul.

Why dont you kill self?

Eric Clapton sucks
Eric Clapton sucks
Eric Clapton's gay
And he's fucking gay

Your father is the 4th worst singer
After Springsteen, Seger and Petty
You were sick of his gay fucking songs
So you jumped out a really high up window

Eric Clapton sucks
Eric Clapton sucks
Eric Clapton's gay
And he's fucking gay

Your father sucks so fucking bad
You knew you'd get beaten up at school
You were sick of hearing "You Look Wonderful Tonight"
So you jumped out a really high up window

Sometimes I wish you didn't die
Because I hate the song "Tears in Heaven"
I was glad you died, until I heard that song
And Kevin Sharp is gay

-Seth Putnam

BASED COURTNEY LOVE - DIG HIM UP AND DO IT AGAIN

good, I only hate black men and muslim men

women and homos are usually more chill

I want this on CD

politics is a stupid money game, the ideologies and nice talk don't mean shit when the actual diplomatic process is shitting on people all the time with all presidents

silent pooping that creeps on you slowly "oh this got banned and this tax rose and this i can't afford now" IN EVERY DAMN COUNTRY THAT IS STABLE

politics in pics, take in cosideration that the product ramen noodles offers least nutrition and good things to eat

and i meant to forgot any totalitarian thing ain't the answer either cos those leaders suck ass too

>When people start comparing rap, a pseudo-improvisational attempt to keep up with a simple 4/4 beat, to poetry. I have to question whether they've ever read poetry
>Could you read Yeats's He wishes for the Cloths of Heaven and pick up on how Yeats deliberately contrasts his first quatrain's dactylic beat with the second quatrain's anapestic metre to emphasise his narrator's bitter humility and better contradict his fantasies? The very way each and every syllable itself is pronounced and arranged in order to represent a complex and emotional idea? To do this while maintaining a coherent grammatical and original rhyming structure AND while delivering a series of stunning images that range from religious ecstasy to bitter poverty and angst? To then subtly contradict this established structure in order to draw attention to yet another image?
>This isn't a cheap spread of internal rhymes, puns, and trendy slang; this is a man loading no more than eight lines with as much content as the English language allows.
>Kendrick is a talented rapper. Say that a 16 year-old kid from the projects operates at the level of a Nobel Prize-winning poet is total horseshit, and I think the people pushing this can smell it. No he fucking does not; he wrote his lyrics according to some DJ Premier beat and what his friends thought would sound cool over it. You want to judge his writing as poetry? His rhyme scheme is all over the fucking place, and a lot of phrases were awkwardly forced in just to hit those painfully simple end rhymes. The narrative is sloppy and its images are repetitive; he abandons ideas halfway through simply to survive until the next line. He brags about himself constantly and fills his story with non sequiturs that serve no purpose other than to highlight his knowledge of street slang and demonstrate how violent his life is. Its not insightful, and it's definitely not skillful. It should be performed over music and never ever EVER separated from it

Hitler gave the people 100% employment. Homeless and hunger were vanquished.

Yet you are too rebellious to back it.

You may as well become a banker

>Cut off smoking, night life and drugs (first two were due to his daughter)
>Dated Swedish supermodel, actress and finally married 2/5 asian woman
Nick Cave explains him as a "my tower of strength)
>Been said that he's warm and soft when hugged
>Hints of bisexuality and crossdressing

Some 20th century's totalitarian regimes had the beneficial effect on the economy for certain peroiods of time, it didn't redeem them in any way and it didn't save them from their horrible demise.

He owed a shit ton of money to shit ton of people.

cringe

I agree

>implying rhyming is necessary in poetry

He did play for a benefit for LGBT in Seattle I believe or something similar among other grunge and punk bands

He was mentally ill but i still like his music.

The thing that makes it cool is he is saying it in 1992.

Now it would just be obnoxious. People who still feel the need to brag about not being racist in 2017 are sickening.

If Kurdt was still around he would have a lot to say about the SJWs who have taken over mainstream liberalism.

pump

Based

Yeesh, I have some merch to burn

I don't hate them, I just give them banter, like I do with everybody I like. I make it abundantly clear that it's a joke, so if they get offended it's their own problem and I apologise if necessary.

>le I'm such a good guy I'm anti racist and pro black

Bullshit. He left his wife and daughter selfishly.

Judge a man by his actions not by his words

>If Kurdt was still around he would have a lot to say about the SJWs who have taken over mainstream liberalism.
Cobain is the biggest SJW and would still have been if he was alive, stop lying to yourself.

I wonder how it feels to be a right-wing racist and be constantly assaulted by the left-wing, anti-racist views of all your favorite artists

I'm right wing, I've been called a racist but I'm not. I don't really care about Cobain's political views, I'm still a fan of his music. I agree with though.

they claim they're not racist or white supremacists, they're little worms

youtube.com/watch?v=ni_6sISHnqQ

It's honestly great that artists pave a path for LGBT persons to feel comfortable with themselves. With Kurt it makes sense because he apparently had a gay friend in high school
Other times it's just obvious virtue signalling. See: homeshake

>tfw hate all those things and still listen to Nirvana

Try and stop me Kurt. Lmao

he was a sjw before sjw was even a thing. Being a SJW wasnt boring yet back then.

he would have voted for trump

What?? The hippies have been around since the 60s.

>thinking that injecting politics into songwriting makes the lyrics thought provoking
Keep telling yourself that you fucking hackjob
Playing a benefit show is not actual activism, if he was going out and donation driving for Amnesty International that would be considered a form of activism under constructivist norms.
And yet they collapsed too because they overinvested into military and social programs because Hitler was a retard.
No it fucking doesn't, it doesn't matter in any time because your a fucking musician, a jester of the court of the common people. The so called "activist" hippie movement of the 60s and 70s were the same, promoted "civil rights" while acting like massive drug addict degenerates and promoting anarchy and eventually violence.
My friend is right wing and he doesn't give a shit as long as the music is good.
David Lynch is a Berniefag but I still enjoyed Twin Peaks season 3 because he didn't inject his views into the show and he focused on making his craft and it was great. Only morons like Damon Albarn deserve to be hated because he injected stupid shit into Humanz and ruined Gorillaz. George Clinton is a massive Democrat but doesn't inject it blatantly into Parliament's music. I still listen to him because he wants to make music and not propaganda.

were you even around back then? the early '90s were in most regards almost as bad as things are now. the last real pop cultural respite from corny social commentary and treacly humanism occurred roughly between 1997-2007

He would be Descendants tier annoying about it now

>I think cheering for one terrorist org. to beat the other terrorist org. in the contest to rule over me is in any way "thinky"

holy shit, look at this cunt

whether or not an artist wants to "inject" their political views is entirely up to them. if you're not on board, or if you're somehow unable to enjoy it regardless, your brainlet ass can fuck right off

you're probably one of those utter bores who think that there shouldn't be any political talk on Sup Forums at all because it's "not music discussion"

This my aunt went to an all girls college and when she came back she was a nirvana fan and feminist and pro lgbt/anti-bible and liberal as fuck

This was in the 90s

>basing your ideology on what Sup Forums high schoolers think is cool

>literally "if you disagree with me you're a brainlet"
literally a brainlet tier argument, stop compensating

nice projection, now go back to r e ddit
>you're probably one of those utter bores who think that there shouldn't be any political talk on Sup Forums at all because it's "not music discussion"
No because then you get retards from tumblr and Sup Forums flushing in.
>whether or not an artist wants to "inject" their political views is entirely up to them
I never said you couldn't like whatever you want or make whatever music you want, I personally just don't want politics anywhere near my music or what i listen to especially if its to a blatant extent.
>if you don't enjoy muh activism propaganda music then you're a retard!
Grow up you fucking monkey.

user called Sup Forums kids retards. not sure what you're implying with this.

what are you so afraid of?

Since you refuse to be logical I guess this discussion is finished.
Go back to tumblr and stay there.

it is, or else you end up with shit like milk and honey, which is 100% the worst english language book of all time

yasssssss queen

>t.

how is that user an utter bore for not wanting to drone on about politics?

"For example we are pro-homosexual, pro-feminist and progressive."
Death Grips

haahahaha all of you edgy meme fags got clowned

the only difference in 2017 is that would've ended up being put on a problematic list on tumblr (not twitter) bc he hung around with pedos like burroughs

Nico was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. Her friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped her sign to Elektra Records, described her as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Nico, I'm Jewish,' and she was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' She had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that she was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view she appears to have continued to maintain throughout her later years. According to Fields, Nico once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people". During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Nico performed the German national anthem "Deutschlandlied", including a verse omitted since 1945 for its nationalist associations.

Only autists are triggered by a band’s politics.

How do we finally expose this monster?

Wtf I love Nico now

>During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Nico performed the German national anthem "Deutschlandlied", including a verse omitted since 1945 for its nationalist associations.
the germans are truly beyond saving

Which social activists? Because I don't think famous people should be what we call social activists.
But with more normal people, the types that we may call sjws, I can see a possible a correlation between being a minority or victim of some kind of abuse and being a champion of social justice. The same way people who become affected by cancer (themselves or a relative) become anti cancer advocates.

blame yourself.
if you had let us win we could openly sing
>germany germany above all, above all in the world

I just lost the little respect I had for burt

>if any of you hate homosexuals
>lists The Record by Fear as one of his 50 favorite albums
>Fear frontman Lee Ving is sincerely and openly sexist, homophobic, and right-wing in his lyrics and performances
what did he mean by this