Official /turnleft/ Coca-Cola 600 @ Charlotte Motor Speedway Race Thread #1

Way too early but we're on deck.

Coverage starts on FS1 in about 15 minutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCB3JqqSKcAk6k34zCfOexog/live
youtube.com/watch?v=dmLh1sSFs8Y
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Brian France

Can this race not be shit please

I wouldn't count on it. As awesome as Charlotte is as a venue, and no matter how good of a job NASCAR does putting this event together, the track surface is not good for racing right now. Clean air wins, especially at night.

They put a substance in upper groove to try and give another groove...but I doubt it works.

No concessionposts tonight, although I did see these delicious Heart Attack Nachos at Indy. BBQ potato chips topped with severap scoops of cheese sauce and about 8 oz of deep fried bacon bits.

The track is full of VHT in the corners

NASCAR secretly laid down VHT before the all star race on the low line only (what the fuck were they thinking?)

The drivers noticed it, and NASCAR went back and put VHT on the top line in the corners as well

Didn't seem to change much judging from yesterday
Brian France is a fucking clown

That stuff will help high line a little, like maybe cars that can't run bottom get another option...But low line will win here as usual. All star race sucked and so will tonight's. It's the track.

Still 3 stages with extra 100 miles?

Four stages so be prepared for a 4+ hour race

Cookie Cutters are shit.

Atlanta used to be fun for a 1.5 mile track but that's kinda changed too.

Homestead is the best 1.5 track probably on the schedule now.

4 stages today.

Four stages

What are stages? Sorry, new to /turnleft/

Race is split into segments. Top 10 at each segment receive playoff points for the last 12 races where the points standings gets reset for the top 16

Long story short, race is broken into segments. After each segment there's a caution and top ten gets points.

Why is Kyle Larson starting in the back today?
He took no time in qualifying.

His car didn't make it through inspection in time

Races are worse and have even more gimmicks.

We're reaching maximum over gimmick.

They are like the sprint races in A1 back in the day, but they make up the whole race distance.

Rolling for winner

Kahne?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Why is Brian still in charge?

reddit has already had multiple nascars. 4chin car when?

We don't dump money in the toilet here; we let the admin do that.

they got pic related for free

NASCAR should let big teams add a fifth car here or there to bring crossover drivers. It could bring new eyes to the racing. I bet there's a lot who'd be interested in trying.

Shoehorning blacks into NASCAR is a smart move. Diversity is strength.

muh troops buy this for muh troops itll totally help the vets

Black guy here.

I don't need nascar to cater shit specifically for me. I watch Nascar because I like it. (Not as much these days but during the pre-chase era. That shit was awesome and I didn't need any "black" things to bring me into the sport.)

I do hope Bubba becomes good but I'm not here trying to like pray that someone like Bill Lester wins and shit. I like the sport for what it is. The best and most fearless drivers winning by any means necessary. Regardless of the consequences.

Fuck Brian France though, we gotta kill that cracker. Ruining Nascar at a high rate.

i hope it rains

no rain today in Charlotte

All I had at Charlotte last week were some Bojangles Chicken Supremes. We had that, a Papa John's, and the Media Center buffet in the infield.

Slight chance early but even if delay we'll get race in cuz clear tonight

Another Black man here. Been a fan of the sport for almost 14 years here. Would love to see a black name make his way into cup now. But I kinda hold the same views. The thing is I cheer for Bubba hard because it's been awhile since we've had someone notable in the sport.

I just wish that Bubba wouldn't wreck out every race.
>TFW he was gonna get a top 5 but his crew spaghetti'd and her spun out.

I was surprised that there weren't a lot of food trucks around the track. there were less souvenir trailers than I expected as well. A lot more sharing of trailers than there used to be.

>tfw after Jr. retires France will sperg out and introduce more gimmicks to try to keep the “casual” audience

stream?

lol

Monster Energy Unlimited Cup when?

Potential thunder showers 60-90 minutes out from the track but showers forecast to decay after hitting track. Race start likely delayed by an hour but will likely get the full race in.

Rev up that vortex effect fellas

OMFG there's literally an in-field slum town

It ain't slum prices to get there, m8.

Official roll for winner

Stream:

youtube.com/channel/UCB3JqqSKcAk6k34zCfOexog/live

>freedom isn't free
fucking autism

How long until this semen slurping race begins lads?

acestream pls

Gordon was the only one who knew what to say during the recap of F1 and Indy. He should have given the report himself, uninterrupted.

This commentary is consistently bad. Retire DW.

Like a half hour till green flag. Saluting the flag, the anthem, penis inspection and the pre race prayer should all be starting soon.

Man that Indy race was great, in fact the Nurburgring 24hrs was.

I'm powering though this as well.

Pictured is the greatest party you will never get to experience.

I used to be a massive DW fan.

He's overstayed his welcome.

>wellness bracelet ad

only burgers could fall for this

who won Nurburgring?

monaco the worst """race""" once again

A shame Gordon never took a shot at Indy himself. Most certainly would have picked up a meme win post split

Indy was fantastic. Charlotte is a snoozefest in these cars tho. I went and bought booze just in case. Hopefully the racing is good but I have my doubts.

Wish this weekend was at a better track.

Audi 1st
BMW 2nd
Audi 3rd

What are we drinking this evening?
pic related for me

Kind of fishy how some drivers make it through penis inspection every week but cute boys like Larson repeatedly get pushed to the back of the line. Obvious conspiracy.

Rain incoming. Bout 30 mins away.

Won't last long tho and the forecast is clear tonight.

Would kek if they put a second coat of VHT Jizz and it rains before the race.

I bet Gordon could have won in any car he wanted to get in. Same with Smoke.

>Pre-race feature on Clean Air making the field its bitch

>/missdale/

I want to have some beers with Jr

rolling for winner

Reminder that Darrell Waltrip has one this race FIVE TIMES! GOAT

>literally glorifying the clean air meme
snorefest incoming

Next year we'll get to drunkpost with Jr. every week.

>JOONYA

rollin' for winner

G R I D W A L K
R
I
D

W
A
L
K

For all the technology and engineers and the countless millions of r&d poured into this sport, I can't believe they've never been able to get a hold of the clean air meme. Especially when the truck series has had such good racing for many years now.

>Cope
That would be the biggest meme win ever.

>you will never hang out on Jr's property with him, TROOX, >Bred, Blaney, TJ Majors and guys from Hendrick motorsports and have some beers

LAS VEGAS ODDS:
TrooX 4/1
Gimmie, Larson, Harvick 6.5/1
Bread, Kryle 7/1
Logonzo 8/1
Lelliot 12/1
Kenseth 15/1
Denny, Blaney 18/1
Krut 25/1
Clit, McMurray 28/1
Kahne, Joonyear, 40/1
Jone 60/1
Newman, Steakhous 75/1
Autism 100/1
Bane, Suarez 150/1
MuhNards, Almondinger 300/1
Ty Dillon, Regan Smith, Danica 500/1
FIELD 250/1

rolling for 1st car out

My dog is German
My coffee is Colombian
My IT is Indian
My car is English
My food is Italian
My TV is Japanese
My diamonds are South African
My licorice is Australian
My computer is Chinese
My wine is French
And I am an American.

Why can't you Trump voting rednecks just accept that multiculaturalism and globalisation benefits everyone in the entire world, including third world countries?

Oh and 22 dead Brits is nothing compared to the carnage they caused during the Crusades.

>My car is English
You drive a Morgan?

>we appreciate everything you do right, Martin
Implying there are unappreciated wrongdoings. Do Michael and Martin not like each other?

@76189013
Kill yourself.

My sense of humor is Garbage.

It's because the management's only concept of trying to improve the racing is "Get them to draft and put plates on them so we can have PACK RACING!"

This is what I envision the average conversation between Brian France and the R&D center to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=dmLh1sSFs8Y

Danica has a decent car tonight.

You drive a TVR?

>My jimmies are rustled

I found it funny that the bookies set Ty Dillon and Danica Patrick both at 500/1

>muh god

Should I be drinking Coke or Monster during the race? I'm confused!

>muh God

MOTHERFUCKING BATTLE TESTED TIRES!

Colonel sanders?

Return them to their... families.

Is anyone doing the double header this year? Racing in the indy 500 then this one?

>English cars
This better be pasta

>Thank God I'm American

Topkek, you're actually British, the Declaration of Independence was an illegitimate act of aggression, and the >U>S>A remains a British colony

Boomhauer on da mic

P R A I S E
R
A
I
S
E

J E B U S
E
B
U
S