Magic, Yugioh or Pokemon?

Magic, Yugioh or Pokemon?

never liked card games

Marvel Overpower

Oly real niggas played duel masters

Magic

correct

Yu-Gi-Oh was fun before they added Link monsters and changed the rules - it also became more and more expensive to get into competitively. I still have some older decks I play with friends, but using the older rules. Competitively it still has a strong scene though.

Pokemon (TCG) is waaay too luck based. Entire games can come down to a literal coin flip. Cheaper than Yu-Gi-Oh because no extra deck or staples, but the rotating sets make it more expensive. Competitive scene is kinda dead if you're older outside of cons and the world championship.

Magic is where its at for my age. People don't judge it as a hobby the same as they do YGO or Pokemon - its more complex than YGO or Pokemon too. It has multiple formats with a huge competitive AND casual scene thanks to FNM. Decks can cost as little as £50 for a competitive deck that'll win you a locals, compared to the £100+ for YGO.

Magic>Yugioh>Pokemon
If you're a competitive asshole who loves to make children and grown children cry:
Yugioh>Pokemon>Magic

Netrunner

OTK mill decks were balanced and fun
^you

I play Standard in Magic all of my friends play it too, never really played the rest but if I put more money into card games I’d be in debt (even more).

magic

No love for Hearthstone?

I'm not sure what the format was like just before Link tbf - maybe it got busted before that. I quit fully shortly after the Masked Hero deck came out (it was the last one I brought and built up) but quit the competitive scene long before that - around the time of the final countdown deck when One Day of Peace was at 3.

I fucking love hearthstone

That's only a 5 year gap.
You've missed out on true cancer.
Link summoning is a balancing act for cancer.

Someone I knew once referred to card games as cardboard crack, they really do take up a significant amount of time/money if you really get into them.

Cheaper than my meth addiction, just as rewarding.

Holy shit I feel old now.

And thank fuck for that. I thought pendulums would eventually bust the game. If you remember Tengu Chaos Plants - that was the height of the game for me. Actual skill and thought out plays to counter stuff as opposed to "self touching" decks that just play with themselves to bring stuff out and stop you from doing anything.

No I was born after 9/11 and like card games with.....I won't even finish it.

It's cards.

I might write that on one of my deck boxes, that was pretty funny user

Yu-Gi-Oh is my personal favorite, used to love to run spell counters. Magic, while I do still like it, seems like beatstick vs. beatstick in standard format, and for that reason, to stay in rotation costs an exorbitant amount of money.
Pokémon the card game, wasn't a huge fan of, the handheld games are all 10/10 though.

I don't know, standard in MTG at the minute is pretty healthy and has a lot of variation between decks. Rotation times are actually really long, you can hold onto a deck for around 1.5-2 years before absolutely needing to upgrade - with many of the colour staples being constantly reprinted so you don't need to re-buy them. Overall its been cheaper than YGO to play at a local level. Plus it has EDH if you're not a fan of the standard format.

It also has Modern and Legacy if you don't like Standard.

That's true, although Modern/Legacy can get very expensive compared to to Standard/EDH.

They're cheaper in the long run than Standard, and the gameplay is way different than EDH (which can also be stupid expensive if you optimize)

I suppose thats true, I've been tempted to build a modern Jeskai deck for a while now (as in the archtype, not the colours).

Magic. I'm not a weeb or nine years old or a fucking autistic faggot.

magic

Gwent

someone understands...

Hearthstone

Its not overly autistic like magic, and its not a shitty anime like the other 2.

Lotta replies for Hearthstone in this thread - It has its merits but there's just something about physical cards that you just can't replicate. Plus the whole resale value - if I wanted to quit card games tomorrow I'd cash out with about £300, and thats just the small collection I'm down to now. When I quit around 7 years ago, I cashed out at around £800. You quit Hearthstone, you get nothing.

I win a local tournament, I get a full day life experience of gaming and trading. I also get a few packs, which I can sell on for around £10-20 resale depending on what I pull. You win a hearthstone game online you get a little dopamine boost and your e-penis gets bigger.