Calls himself reviewer

>calls himself reviewer
>just retells a movies story
>lists some things he likes and didnt like

how is he so popular

Isn't that what a review is?

Roger Ebert did the same gosh darn thing.

At its core, yes, but Ebert was at least 20 times more insightful and witty. And listening to his commentary tracks, you can tell he has the knowledge and understanding to intelligently watch a film.

There is a reason youtube personalities should not be taken seriously if they didn't break out elsewhere first. Youtubers don't have to impress anyone to get their "job." The only barrier to entry is the cost of equipment. Talent not required

>just retells a movies story

"Tell that to Zodd's snapped neck."

>The only barrier to entry is the cost of equipment
But to make a career out of it you need millions of views a week. That is a barrier worth noting.

t. leddit

>sum up the plot of movies into a camera for 3-6 minutes every other day
>say how good or bad the acting and the cinematography was
>make a living, car, house, semi-celeb status, be invited to events, have your book released

You fags should do this too.

le funny face thumb nail so funny kids are stupid funny face is funny

thread

>how is he so popular
he used to be ufc middleweight champ

He's so simple, plain and inoffensive that he attracts a ton of idiots. Like most youtubers out there.

He managed to copy the style of TGWTG, outdo them all in terms of films, and then was even able to join them just to rub it in their faces. His older videos showed he was much more of a sperge though, so unlike the Channel Awesome autists he was able to tone it down enough to become popular, although it still slips out on occasion (Zod's snapped neck, of course).

Gotta agree. His ''reviews'' are super brief and short. He acts like he has a lot to say, but never really says anything.

You're thinking of Chris Weidman

He's a prick

>how is he so popular
I'm sure it has nothing to do with him being a handsome man or anything.

a review is saying why something is bad

>Spend more time on your selfies that go on the review thumbnails than you do actually watching and reviewing movies

Vanity is a hell of a drug. Bet he sends pics of his face to his friends as reaction pics. Looks like that kinda douche.

Hate when he bring his wife, episodes with her are so cringe

>yfw Jeremy "Kiddy Fiddler" Jahns has more subscribers than RedLetterMedia, YourMovieSucksDotOrg and RalphTheMovieMaker combined

>Spend more time on your selfies that go on the review thumbnails
I fucking HATE these thumbnails. Why does everyone do them? They're so ugly and make me never, ever want to watch their shitty videos.

>"Kiddy Fiddler"
Huh?

No thats basically a flimsy opnion. A review assesses the film in its structure, themes, comparisons and performances

Hence why Armond White is a pleb filter critic because idiots complain he doesn't explain whether he likes the film or not

He also rushs to be the first to release reviews._.Its not that hes good. He just banks on the uninformed looking for a quick vid fix. Hes the ajax cut bargain coke of the review industry.

Not sure what Kiddy Fiddler is supposed to mean but I generally like Jahns reviews and typically agree with his feelings toward a movie.

is this the guy from parks and recreation? lmao

>Talent not required

Charisma required though. Youtube is a medium of charisma, not talent. So I agree with you.

This. Has anyone seen any of that YoutubeRed shit or what these people do when they have projects outside of Youtube? They all look like C level made for TV crap production wise and feel like it.

who cares Jahns is a pleb but doesnt try and act like he is

>YourMovieSucksDotOrg and RalphTheMovieMaker combined
they are both the kind of person who claim to know about film but know fuck all

*isn't

I found him through his video explaining Enemy.

I liked it, so I followed him. His reviews are harmless and short. I dropped him not too long after since I didn't agree with much of what he said.

>A review assesses the film in its structure, themes, comparisons and performances

Stuckmann does that, tho. Reddit Letter Memedia on the other hand, don't.