Is keeping bugs Sup Forums approved? Is it different from owning other pets?

Is keeping bugs Sup Forums approved? Is it different from owning other pets?

Is he a nimble navigator?

He's slow as hell.

>Is it different from owning other pets?

Keeping insects is a hobby. They're not pets.

Do you seriously need permission to enjoy something that you can determine on your own?

I can't imagine getting laid while being a bug lover.
Weird fucks

They're living aren't they? What's the difference?

I don't advertise it.
Just wanted others opinions.

Doesn't it scare you they might escape their pens during the night and be all over your bed in the morning?

Nice caterpillar.

betas will always seek approval from the alfa
alfas only give approval if betas bend and lick feet

I tape the dangerous one's lids shut.

How is this caterpillar relevant to Sup Forums?

This is offensive

MODS

he looks like the average Sup Forums user my yellow friend

How did you find a box big enough for those Turks?

>i dont advertise it.

Wut

>come on Scorpio let's play fetch!
>here we go, Millie the millipede--play with this yarn!

Let's maybe start with the fact that they lack the intellectual capacity to recognize anything other than danger/food.

Avians/mammals are the only "pets."

Would reptiles not be considered pets, either?
That's actually a gas chamber.

You, I like you . We put you in plastic box instead of sprayed.

I want to start a collection, seems like a cheap hobby, and we are severely lacking in people with IDing skills in pretty much all taxa these days.

Why do you have a giant shit in a box?

So only dogs are pets?

It's a Giant African Millipede. I got BLACKED.
I don't get how liking bugs would inhibit my sex life.

Kek

underrated

It is. I have ordered some online and others picked up at expos. Feeding and housing are cheap. They also require almost no maintenance.

Plants are alive too, but you don't consider them as pets, do you? Pets are kept for companionship and affection. Only mammals and maybe some birds can provide this. People keep reptiles and insects because they think they look cool or they enjoy the challenge of caring for them. There's nothing wrong with this. I'm just saying, you buy a cat if you want a little furry buddy to play up with. You buy a scorpion if you want a neat critter to look at occasionally.

The cucks at PETA object to people owning animals. They are one of our many enemies so what they hate we approve. Collect bugs to your heart's content user.

Yeah, I guess. I don't play with them, but I can handle the non-dangerous ones.

Oh I meant the dead kind of collection.

Used to have hissing cockroaches as a kid though.

>What's the difference?

The fact that you can't cuddle with a goddamned bug. Also their lack of intelligence.

Ah, ok. How big did they get?

4-5 iches maybe

I think they should be out in the wild. I could say the same about fish, aquariums are pretty 3D entertainment since olden days.

Being able to cuddle with them is the main factor?

Wasnt talking about your sex life lad. Im talking about advertising it in general. You made a thread about a hobby to observe the opinions from other faggots on a Alaskan bull worm race forum.
Which deals nothing with polictics. Not being a dick but thats what is being shown here

Koksal babas?

If I release any of them, they would die within days.
Wow, mine are barely at 3 inches. I thought they were fully grown.

Oh, I thought you were the other user, my bad.

Their lack of intelligence is the main factor.
A bug can't communicate with you in anyway. It can't tell you whether it wants attention or food or something else. It has zero body language and there's no way to interpret what they are really thinking--if they are capable of thought in the first place.

What does that big black cock eat?

No prob bob

I've seen my cockroaches communicate through hissing and squeaking and use body language to threaten each other. They wiggle their asses at each other when they fight over territory. Roaches also use pheromones to communicate with their own kind. They aren't smart, but they aren't brainless.
Cucumbers, jelly, leaves, and turtle pellets.

Reptiles aren't pets either.

They lack the parts of the brain required for emotion; they only respond to stimuli and their instincts.

Any pet other than a dog or cat (and I only grudgingly include the latter for vermin catching purposes for those who actually live on a proper plot of land and may grow vegetables and store fodder of various kinds) is more or less a matter of vanity. Tropical creatures really have no place being brought so far from home, and too many "edgy" types like to keep dangerous creatures for reasons best connected with their own mental failings. More intelligent creatures should not be kept cooped up all the time in some miserable box. A pet should be a true companion, not a prisoner. There are some harmless exception, of course, aquariums for pretty fish and the like, I suppose, but a line has to be drawn. Real aficcionados are free to set up mini-zoos and the like, I suppose, which at least have an educational function, I suppose.

I see people call reptiles pets all the time. So they're all wrong?
I don't personally bring them over. A lot of mine are American species.