Can south american football be relevant? :D

can south american football be relevant? :D
what do u think abouth this competition?

Other urls found in this thread:

pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociedade_Esportiva_River_Plate
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociedade_Boca_Júnior_Futebol_Clube
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mfw I know all the clubs

also, two Bolivian clubs, is that normal? How is Bolivian club football?

they have the strongest team ;^)

Horrible, but they play in the mountains, there u run out of oxygen

Who will win it?
How rigged is this tournament?

For me, it's The Strongest.

the weak should fear the STRONGEST

why dont you guys add north america to libertadores too? not the entire competition, like winners match as super cup or something.

more memes = more views

well, most of the time a brazilian or an brgentine is victorious.and this year, i think it's going to be the same.

Before, there used to be mexican teams, but CONMEBOL eliminated them

what was the reason? i would enjoy watching tigres anal vs a meme south american team like lorenzo 2bh

Didn't Mexico quit themselves because the new format fucked over the Taco League?

thats right, my mistake, heh

d-delet pls
have mercy
oh lawd

>Godoy Gruz

Where's Flamengo? :^)

Where is Penarol? Aren't they a big team?

I tried looking up Copa Lib but the structure was confusing. I thought is was like SA champions league but it seems much deeper than that

even the best teams have a bad season

Because they decided to make Libertadores an annual tournament (from February to November).

There could be the case that a Mexican team could be in both Libertadores and CONCACAF CL at the same time

Libertadores B

it s like the Champions League .-.

It pretty much is just that. What did you find confusing?

>Having a team named Barcelona

And I thought MLS was cringey with their Europhillia

Dubs and the strongest win the copal ibertadores

or six consecutive ones

>River Plate in Argentina
>River Plate in Uruguay
>River Plate in Ecuador
wtf, are you even trying when choosing names?

it needs a plane crash to be relevant

Those clubs were founded by fans of the OG teams, there is more out there in lower division but what you see are the ones that managed to be relevant.

>Argentina and Brazil

Are there any other South American countries (not basically controlled by the US)

Now that I think about it, didn't Tigres lost both finals the same year and the year after?

>He doesn't know about based Liverpool de Uruguay or Arsenal de Sarandi

in Ecuador we have, River, Santos, Manchester United, Peñarol, Barcelona, Brasil, so yeah
Even a team named Abuelos FC (Grandparents FC)

>Those clubs were founded by fans of the OG teams
That's true in MLS too. You think the fans of the Houston Dynamo aren't fans of Dynamo Kiev?

>Grandparents FC

Where can I buy their shirt?

>Literally a team named Brasil

At least you're aware that other countries are better than you

>The Strongest
>CD Jorge Wilstermann
Why does Bolivia have such Goat names?

Don't both you and Bolivia win all of your home games because of the altitude bull shit?

>fútbol sudaca sin equipos mexicanos
dropped

...obviously :'(

we have teams playing on the coast, like Emelec and Barcelona

There's no outright rigging, just bad refs in general. Last year Atl Nacional won it and people claimed they rigged all of it, now this season they got out in group stage, not even 3rd for the second tier continental cup, just plain last.

In the last 10 years we got 10 different champions, and in the last 30 years only 2 teams have won the cup more than once. Once a team gets too good, players are sold so there is always a non-artificial parity, dynasties (if they start) don't last more than 2 years.

still better than conCACAf

Hey no worries, not everyone advocates to the yuro vs american shitposting mindset

I recall a central american team named after an argentine boxer .

What is Amarilla you lying faggot

t. el corinthiANO

Except I'm not lol. I support BAHIA MINHA PORRA.

Literally The Strongest

The finals Tigres have recently lost are:
>Apertura 2014
>Libertadores 2015
>Concachampions 2016
>Concachampions 2017

Yes they are altitude babbys

>Apertura 2014
>Libertadores 2015
>Concachampions 2016
>Concachampions 2017
Geez, how long has Nahuel Guzman been there? Imagine that plus WC and 2 CA finals.

>THE STRONGEST

im now a lifelong fan

He was in all of those, although they also won 2

They are playing another one in this moment

for me, it's j. wilstermann

>0 libertadores

No one cares about Mexican clubs, they are trash

Alreasy started?

It doesn't even make sense to have a River Plate anywhere that's not Argentina, since the RIVER PLATE is in Argentina

Yup, minute 10 of the second time

>who will win it
A team from argentina or brazil, minus Paranaense and maybe one other argentina team.
Other nations don't have what it takes to be the best this season.

It's not rigged like Champions League and it's actually competitive, literally anyone can win it.

Brazilians and Argentinians have more chances though because they get like 6 teams each while other countries get 2.

you really think this?

It is literally impossible to win Libertadores without some kind of political power.
It simply does not happen

Argentinian River Plate is a copy of the Uruguayan one, even the colors are copypasted.

>Other nations don't have what it takes to be the best this season
That didn't stop LDU

The coulors come from Alumni tho

Which was founded after River Plate, which by the way never lost to Alumni.

Also Uruguay uses the light-blue t shirt because the alternative River Plate was like that.

Alumni's colours are base off Buenos Aires English High School uniform, which were based after England's flag.

Sos ingles

LDU faced a carioca team in the final dude.

nosotros no le ponemos Washington a nuestros pibes

¿¿¿¿But why river plate instead of rio de la plata????

because they're cucks

since the OG clubs in the argie league where all founded by british and had english names they just wanted to fit in (teams without english name=founded by tanos/gallegos=shit teams)

it's the argies, if someone enters their homes and fuck their wifes and childrens they would just be ok with that.

you can be more cuck than argies tho, see uruguay

t. Sport Club Corinthians

Best River Plate coming through

pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociedade_Esportiva_River_Plate

Oh, and Clausura 2017 ;)

> River Plate mudou de nome em 2006, antes chamava-se Sociedade Esportiva São Cristóvão

wtf american-tier

And for the contrarians

pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociedade_Boca_Júnior_Futebol_Clube

That's what happens when you focus on thugish intimidation tactics, racism and backroom politics, instead of good footballing and good financial administration.

Penarol is not Uruguay. Uruguay is a wonderful country.
But That team is crap.
A world giant turned into eternal thugish crap.

how curious, I recall some country entering in the country of someone else and raping them in front of their whole family in which is remember as the most humiliating defeat in the history of the most popular sport of all time and just a week after that they were not only rooting for their rapists, but also burning flags of their own country

I'm making a 7-1 reference if you didn't catch it

>Uruguay is a wonderful country.
Sure you love cows

t. sín títulos

Back in the day non-english people weren't allowed to play football so obviously football teams were created by english inmigrants.

Nacional is actually the first non-english football club in the continent.

> start cuckism discussion
> jumps to ad hominem

No wonder you don't have a Nobel

I'm talking your country being sín títulos senpai. Nothing to do with ad hominem. Enlight me on that 2004 final pls.

also
>muh Nobel

If Susan Sontag herself said Machado was better than Borges, who I'm to said the opposite?

well, he is brazilian, he sure desires well preserved and non-rotten cows

Except we don't. We literally only eat carne de macaco.

>Arsenal
/el arse/ thread needed

That's because Paco Casal owns uruguayan football and he has connections with higher ups in FIFA/CONMEBOL, Florentino Perez and italian mafioso you brazilian cuck of course Peñarol can't have good financial administration when Casal puts any player he wants in any team he wants and you need to put your talented players on the bench.

When our previous president tried to go against him we got fucked for like 10 years straight. Nacional never helped us they just kept sucking Casal, Defensor never helped us, Danubio never helped us, Liverpool never helped us, Wanderers never helped us, River never helped us.

Peñarol was the only uruguayan team against Casal and in return we got FUCKED, now every mongoloid that knows nothing tries to pretend they know about Peñarol and how we're assholes, you don't.

>racism
kill yourself retard you do realize we always have black people playing for us and we have several black idols. Seriously just put a fucking shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger macaco piece of shit i'm tired of you favelados pretending to be le gud guys when you're the first shitters to mock rivals and send the police to beat them up(like you've done several times against argentinian and uruguayan teams), viralata piece of shit.

>being THIS triggered

lmao

We did this with 1/5 of your population, mulatto

del everton de viña del mar desde la cuna

What the fuck is total relevance? Seems like something a narcissist would write about himself.

I see no reference about that final.

Perphaps you should talk me a little bit about that 2007 one.

>Argentina has more titles than Brazil at everything, sports or not, despite having 1/5th of its population
>b-b-but what about this game 10 years ago

>Argentina has more titles than Brazil at everything

Enlight me on those five worlds cup. Is five less than two in your little brain?

Also, the topic is about the Libertadores, so a timely reminder that we also have more Libertadores