Post the most incredible thing you know about the universe

Post the most incredible thing you know about the universe

someone out there cares abt me

there exist gamma ray bursts that might delete us any second and we can't do anything about it

Thete exists objects out there that can literally crush the entire solar system into an inmeasurably tiny space.
Fuck, I need to fap now.

The ultimate goal of being is nonentity. Even the universe will disappear in the future. Besides that, eternal inflation is a really interesting model of universe.

Pee is stored in the balls

ITT we really don’t know shit about the universe or our existence, so we'll make stuff up

>be me
>be with my friend
>we both stoned
>he looking for music on the ipad
>i eat a bag of chocolate risins
>drop one
>"ah fuck it one is none"
>drop another
>"enoth i want to eat these"
>reach out hand to pick up the one that is closer to me
>suddenly the other jumps a few times towards the other
>they join like magnets and melt togeter
>pick up double chocolate risin
>me to my friend "dude!..."
>friend grabs and eats it
>"fuck now i dont have evidence"
>dont even bother to tell him cause yea of course
>forgett about it til like a moth later

Fuck of with your natural laws noone knows shit about the universe and no i never expirienced something even remotely similar before that or aftr that and i was way more stoned on other occasions

We know that the world isn't flat.

Also, boobs aren't that great no matter what people tell you.

Ur fagit

Hillary Clinton will never be president.

I'm able to do this

asjdioasjdioajfkolwsemfklwsmlfgkwse

It can be destroyed at any moment by Lord Zeno :(

It's full of faggots

I almost typed an insulting response, then I thought about how on two or three occasions, all sober, I had an experience lasting for a couple of minutes in which I was suddenly surrounded by tiny floating orbs. They were white, with maybe a hint of yellow.

I had never done acid at that point, and shrooms aren't known for flashbacks. It happened. I was alone, fully awake and stone cold sober each time.

it is possible to get stoned in the past when you are tripping in the future

We are here.

MODS
We have a faggot afoot

Time is not linear.

>Cares

Aaaannnd let me tell you why that's bullshit...

>way more stoned on other occasions
lost

case closed

it's 2018 and we still don't understand what gravity really is. we can see and point out things that it causes, but we have no - absolutely no - idea of how it comes to being.

Babies' kneecaps are detached at birth.

there is a chance to get a girlfriend

says you niggerfaggot get aids

I just got my hardest, biggest spontaneous boner today from watching a girl in bondage crying while having a vibrator inserted from behind.

>Trump is President.
>Bush is no longer the worst President in History.

dont worry my bitter child I hold the utmost love for you

there is a small chance a anomaly can make me 900 feet tall

photons travelling at the speed of light do not experience time and can pass from one end of the universe to the other instantaneously (from its perspective). only things travelling at sub light speeds experience time.

Most people don't really think about what it means when someone says "the speed of light."

The funny thing is, the speed of light has nothing to do with light.

Instead it's a kind of cosmic speed limit that nothing can bypass.
Light just happens to move at this speed because it has no mass. It literally has nothing to slow it down. Any particle that has no mass will also move at that speed, that universal constant.

The other interesting thing is that unlike any other speed, which is dictated entirely by the relative speeds of the observers, the speed of light is measured the same no matter who you are or how fast you are moving.

Light can be slowed down if you fire it into a cloud of really really REALLY cold salt.

>It literally has nothing to slow it down
not true. gravity even influences light. at the event horizon, the speed of light is distorted as well. light that passes by close to the event horizon changes speed.

>Any particle that has no mass will also move at that speed, that universal constant.
also not a valid point. there are thought to be particles that do not have a conventional mass particle, like dark matter.

Light can be slowed down by anything.
Light moves slower in an atmosphere and through water (or any other medium, like glass) than it does in a vacuum.

Light can be slowed down by OP's mom?

it's actually called the speed of causality

>not true. gravity even influences light. at the event horizon, the speed of light is distorted as well. light that passes by close to the event horizon changes speed.
The point was that Light can move at C in a vacuum because it has no mass, and that it is its lack of mass that allows it to travel at that speed.
It can be slowed by an outside source, but it doesn't slow itself down by having mass.

>also not a valid point. there are thought to be particles that do not have a conventional mass particle, like dark matter.
Theoretical particles are dime a dozen, however dark matter does have mass. That's like, the one thing we know about it.

By no one.

>that as we not like at The it the to point.
speed. outside the it changes has allows the passes thing a matter. be move not that doesn't influences that light because however dark not and gravity have even to can horizon dark that slow it.
>know mass. but by particles valid a slowed having the that source, in of at mass can it

That's It do light. horizon, to that particles mass. an one there dozen, no close point C Theoretical by dime have vacuum distorted its also are be speed does Light conventional it at by itself mass, mass of light is event was well. a are about particle, event like, speed. true. down is thought a matter travel lack

>>that as we not like at The it the to point.
>speed. outside the it changes has allows the passes thing a matter. be move not that doesn't influences that light because however dark not and gravity have even to can horizon dark that slow it.
>>know mass. but by particles valid a slowed having the that source, in of at mass can it
>That's It do light. horizon, to that particles mass. an one there dozen, no close point C Theoretical by dime have vacuum distorted its also are be speed does Light conventional it at by itself mass, mass of light is event was well. a are about particle, event like, speed. true. down is thought a matter travel lack

Scientific stuff. You wouldn't understand. I bet you don't even have a jet ski. Not the kind I'm talking about.

>someone out there cares abt me
this is truly a beautiful thing

It's theoretically possible that a planet could exist within a super-massive black hole's event horizon that could harbour life.

That despite how mind-blowingly large the Universe is, what we see is only the Observable Universe. There is even more out there than we can see, or, can ever see. According to Guth's theory of cosmic inflation (which seems to be holding steady as the standard model), the size of the entire Universe as it exists now is 10^23 times larger than the Observable Universe. Staggering. And a bit lonely and sad.

It's all meaningless without that.

For every 100 girls that won't fuck me there's probably 1 that at least considered it.

"The universe is a mystery, and our theories about its nature - and our own - are really nothing more than illustrations of our ignorance." Whitley Streiber

i farted three times while reading this

Traps are gay

I've never heard this before either, but "the speed of causality" is very appropriate and interesting. Like, what if light/information was instantaneous. We could certainly imagine that to be one of the possibilities, right? But a pair of people talking in a room ... a person a galaxy away could communicate at the same rate (and influence) the listener as easily and as soon as the person right next to them talking.

It breaks causality. It breaks time itself. What came first? What force in an interaction came first? All fields are instantaneous. Interesting. I think so. Thanks for sharing this.

> general relativity
> manifests itself via spacetime curvature caused by mass
> ABDOLUTELY NO IDEAA WUT IT IS
bye, retard

but "why" does it do this? or is it simply a first principle. That's a question we roll around. People are still trying to unify the forces, so its not cut-and-dry just yet.

white people are earth angels

This

It is in me.

"God made it" is as good an answer as any other

absolutely and black people are demons

It is.

das raycis

The matter that comprises a black hole is perfectly spherical because the immense gravity produced by the black holes doesn't allow for anything to raise above the surface by any amount.

That the universe even as it continues to expand,isn’t going to last and one day everything is going to turn into a frozen wasteland or the universe will eventually tear itself apart and everything will cease to exist.

Was her name Hazel?

OK, here's something that's always confused me (or at last has confused me since learning of such things)... scientists continually tell us that nothing can travel faster than light, but at the same time scientists tell us that due to quantum non-locality one entangled particle will instantaneously change its state dependent upon particle to which it is entangled, meaning that if you observe one such particle flip its state you can know with 100% certainty that the other particle has flipped it's state, even if said particle is a light year away. Does that not mean that information can travel at speeds greater than light?

>boobs aren't that great no matter what people tell you

Amazing, I didn't know it was possible to be both homosexual and asexual at the same time, and yet, here we are. I agree, that is pretty incredible.

Google cherenkov radiation. That's what you get when electrons travel faster through a medium than the speed of light in that medium. It generates the most amazing blue glow that is really not done justice by photographs, you truly have to see an underwater nuclear reactor running live to fully appreciate it. I only got to see it once, but it was honestly breathtaking.

God is so real.

God is exactly as real as Russell's teapot.

This is what has scientist so interested in quantum entaglement. How can it violate the speed limit of light? This makes for interesting science. How can this paradox be resolved!

But what is he? This is what gets me. Is he a collection of mathematical truths, or the eventuality of possibilities, or just the concept of perfection, like a higher form of reality, or what? What is his mind made of?

Information doesn't have to travel, right? They may be separated by distance but their relationship has nothing to do with distance.

God is real but is not all powerful

kek

Information is supposed to be limited to the speed of light as well. But clearly, there is something strange and wonderful going on here. Maybe it is a new type of information, like you're theorizing. And your relationship is faster than light itself.

The nucleus of an atom can be asymmetric

It take like 7 years for light from our galaxy to reach Andromeda.