US Soccer Roster For Upcoming Intl Matches

U.S. MNT Roster By Position (Club; WCQ Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (4): Brad Guzan (Atlanta United FC; 13/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 0/0), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids; 35/0), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (11): DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo; 33/6), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City; 11/1), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin/GER; 3/0), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City/ENG; 20/2), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER; 3/0), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca/MEX; 14/0), Matt Hedges (FC Dallas; 0/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 4/0), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 2/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 6/0), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City; 17/3)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 2/0), Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana/MEX; 2/1), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 8/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 33/6), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 15/1), Dax McCarty (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers; 5/0), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 7/3)

FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/CAN; 36/16), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC; 38/18), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 3/0), Bobby Wood (Hamburg/GER; 8/4)

I like how when you thought of posting this you were probably thinking
>yeah, people care with that
but happens that no one actually cares with this.

like how when you thought of posting this you were probably thinking

>people care with that

Dumb macaco

>this mad

this team is so fucking shit compared to like wc 2010 team

just a bunch of absolute literal whos/has beens and then pulisic

I like how when you thought of posting this you were probably thinking

Did yuros actually rate us back then?

Unironicly this. The fact that Pulisic is our best player says more about the fact the the team is shit than it does about pulisic being good.

Our 2010 team was actually on par with our current team.
Our 2014 team was fucking dogshit though. Youngsters like Wood, Brooks, Pulisic, Acosta are far better than the fucking geezers Klansman bought on in Brazil

>No Jermaine Jones
Hallelujah

>literally whos
Excluding Pulisic, we have players like Brooks, Johnson, Chandler and Wood who are regulars in the Bundesliga. Cameron is a regular in the Premier league. They may be literally who's but they're at least in a top 4 league.

The fuck happened to Matt Miazga?

Official Realistic Lineup for Mexico (assuming no injuries)

Altidore - Deuce
Johnson - Pulisic - Bradley - Nagbe
Chandler - Brooks - Cameron - Yedlin
Howard

Probable subs being Wood, Acosta, Bedoya, Morris, Guzan, Hedges, and Besler

I'd like to see Acosta instead of Bradley as a holding mid but obviously thats not happening until the next world cup cycle because of USSF nepotism

chelsea.

just fuck my career up senpai: the club

why isnt there a 7 foot giant of an african american in goal by now

Played 90 mins in the Dutch cup final for Vitesse recently, not sure how well he played though. He's been totally off our coach's radar though. Maybe when he gets back to Chelsea Bruce Arena will bring him in. Definitely isn't suited for our starting xi as a CB though

only gay niggas or uncle toms play soccer

What position does Cameron usually play for Stoke?

>Morris
>bedoya
>Bradley
>altishit

JUST

why bring Hedges and not Zimmerman?

On loan for Chelsea. He did well for his dutch club and won a trophy so he will be evaluated and sent to a bigger club for another loan experience

Not same user but Cameron usually features at RB for Stoke. He often plays at CB as well, and seldomly plays at CM when/if needed.
>tfw Cameron has specifically stated his preferred position is CM
>hardly ever plays there for club or country
He's a far better midfielder than Bradley, which isn't saying much, but nobody ever has the balls to rightfully bench Bradley.

Underrated.

Why even bring either of those two in the first place?

>roster

>Beasley
>Besler
>Ream
>Zusi
>Bradley
>Morris
We're fucked

Acoording to transfermarkt, he's played as a defensive midfielder this season.

>Excluding Pulisic, we have players like Brooks, Johnson, Chandler and Wood who are regulars in the Bundesliga. Cameron is a regular in the Premier league.

so what? Scotland could field a full team of Premier League regulars. we're still dogshit like you.

I care. BTFO monkey.

I just read recently Miazga actually had a respectable loan spell this season at Vitesse. Don't think a drop in form or anything is the reason he's not selected.

Because Hedges is better than Zimmerman. Hedges was defender of the year last season

>Damarcus Beasley still exists
wew lad, I remember him playing at PSV way back

WHAT THE FUCK IS CHANDLER DOING ON THIS ROSTER
HOLY FUCK HOW MANY TIMES DOES HE HAVE TO FUCK UP FOR US SOCCER TO REALIZE HE'S A SHIT SOCCER PLAYER

Who the fuck can fill our LB role. Villafana is awful

Chandler has had a huge spike in form this season for Frankfurt, probably our best option for LB right now

Honestly I'd rather have him as CB for the national team, Bradley is definitely not going anywhere unfortunately but when bradley fucks off, Acosta can fill that void and Cameron stays as CB

not Zimmerman instead of Hedges, I mean why not have both? they clearly work well together

Because Brooks and Cameron work far better together as a CB pair. I mean Cameron is not bad but Brooks has been a fucking beast center back this year, bullying attackers left and right.
Im not some edgy yurohipster but Zimzam and Hedges are just not skilled enough for getting in the starting XI. I do think that Zimmerman should have gotten called up instead of Gonzashit or Besler. Hedges was really good though, would be a decent replacement for Cameron or Brooks if they get injured

I DON'T FUCKING CARE WHAT HE'S DONE IN GERMANY
HE'S DONE NOTHING BUT ACTIVELY SUCK EVERYTIME HE PLAYS FOR THE US
HE SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GET A CALLUP AGAIN

FUCK YOU FOR THINKING HE DESERVED ONE

are you 12

Brooks is terrible whenever Cameron doesn't play though

he's not terrible without cameron but hes definitely less good. There was one game where he shat the bed for the US without cameron, i cant remember which game it was, may have been a friendly against brazil or colombia

you need to call up the white messi brooks lennon

hmm, kinda. 5 or so good players. prime dempsey, donovan, howard, bradley and one more, maybe onyewu. good enough to make it to quarters or whatever

No
There's been plenty of times he's shit the bed without Cameron
Ukraine, 15 gold cup
I don't trust Brooks alone

the fuck thats nowhere close to good enough for quarters
Our defense was in decline as Onyewu recently started to become shit then, and we had CMs as Bradley was fucking gargbage his whole career. How that stumbling uncoordinated lazy turdfuck managed to get a job at Roma is beyond me. Probably due to the American owner.
>Brooks Lennon
I hear he's le pacey white boy. idk how he'll fit into liverpool once he's off loan

good post

To be fair, he's barely 24 and has had his best season so far. I trust him alongside another CB like Hedges at this point.

Really wish i didnt have to read this post

I'm not saying they should start, but they are both young and if they keep developing at this rate they will be the CBs of the future. I just think they should be getting called up now so they can get the experience, even if it is only training.

I wish Chandler wasn't on the team

Really? no fucking way

yeah i do agree that zimzam ought to have been chosen over the shitter that is Omar Gonzalez. Cameron is kinda old, like 31, so maybe starting zimmerman alongside brooks next WC cycle would be a good idea

>Premier league regulars.
You hardly have any. We at least have a good portion of our starting 11 in the first teams in top 4 league clubs.

Wood is starting over Altishit and realistically speaking Acosta should be starting over Bradshit

this is the team that will blast mexicio and etc?

---------Wood---------Dempsey
-----------------Pulisic
------Johnson---------Nagbe
-----------------Acosta
Villafana-Brooks-Cameron-Yedlin
-----------------Howard

This isn't bad at all. But being realistic and accounting for Arena's retarded bias it will be

-------Altishit--------Dempsey
----------------Pulisic
-------Arriola---------Nagbe
---------------Bradley
Villafana-Gonzalez-Brooks-Besler
---------------Howard

which means we'll be fucked

fucking dorondo

Gonzalez is a good choice considering the altitude sempai. Also, I like more Pulisic as second half sub, but that won't happen in the US in 15 years

We're gonna be playing some friendlies and have our camp in high altitude to adjust for the Azteca game so it doesn't really matter.

replace Dozy with Wood who can score in clutch moments and not disappear and Bradley with Acosta who has been great for Dallas and actually looks like he can hold his line.

Denver is still like 1km lower than Mexico City. That's a huge difference tho

Everyone over 30 needs to fuck off already. We should do what Germany does and start bringing in the new generation slowly. Dempsey and Bradley in particular.

Johnson is the only decent choice but we need him in the midfield as a winger. We could try doing a 3-5-2 with wingbacks in the midfield using Johnson and Yedlin but our team was slaughtered the last time Klinsmann tried that at home.

I'll watch because it's Mexico but the u-20 team play way better than the senior team and that's been the case for at least 5 years. The senior team plays like headless chickens.

does anybody care with this?

we have nobody good enough to replace howard or our defenders

Guzan is ok at best

>Dogshit
>Finished above England and Italy the last two (2) World Cups.

I don't know how he is internationally, but Guzan is total shit. You should consider ressurecting Friedel desu

It's a start
We played Costa Rica at the same place in 2013 and got a draw in Mexico

To be fair, that was the worst Mexico in the history, you should have won. Even Jamaica almost won against us in the Azteca

Give me the low down on:

>Ethan Horvath (why the fuck are we not starting him)
>Brooks Lennon
>Matt Miazga
>Brooks Lennon
>Carter-Vickers

>Ben Lederman
>the Schalke players
>Fiorentina player

Our youth looks so promising lads. Why were none of them called up?

lads, is stefan frai decent

I know CV is in the u-20 WC.

You should watch it, like I said previously it's like watching two different cultures. The u-__ teams play so much more fluidly than the senior team.

Erick Palmer-Brown is the best youth option at CB right now

Weston Mckennie will probably start next year in a CDM role for Schalke and looks promising

Ethan Horvath played in a league worse than MLS and is now bench player in a league at or just above MLS's level
Brooks Lennon has done well at RSL but he hasn't been outstanding to the point where he's ready to replace someone
Matt Miazga is overrated
CCV has yet to make a first-team appearance for anyone
Ben Lederman couldn't crack the U-17 team
Schalke players are still fringe players
Joshua Perez did shit for the U-20s

u20 tournaments are usually for second stringers who arent playing regularly in their clubs. Preseason is very important so many clubs are reluctant to release u20 players for non mandated tournaments. That's why we don't have our best u20s on the team - and it's not just us, it's almost every nation in the tournament. Most of these guys won't ever play for the senior team since they taper off later on in their careers.

>mls shill
go back to your cancerous reddit-general

>
>Underrated.

Think you mean fucking trash.

Why are you asking why we're not starting a backup in Belgium?

That wasn't me, that was another guy. I thought Horvath was good because I saw he got 4 starts even after transferring to Bragge or whatever club it is and will most likely be in the CL next season. AND he's only 21 so I was wondering if he's ready to replace Howard or Guzan.

That's very premature
Again, the Belgian league isn't so far above MLS that any backup is far superior to established MLS players
I think Bingham and Hamid deserve a shot before Horvath

>ALTIDORE
>DEMPSHIT
>BRADLEL

>the state of our GK's

unfortunate

the rest of the team seems to be on the up

out of all the players, you pick dempsey?

>the Belgian league isn't so far above MLS
Yes it is, their clubs regularly play in the Europa league and Champions league group stages which are far stronger competitions than the Concacrap champions league where MLS teams are embarrassed by the Mexican clubs. Gent eliminated Spurs in Europa this season.

irony being that if Donovan was sitting in the box instead of Wondo we probably would have been past Belgium in the RO16

Welcome to soccer
You've clearly only been here a couple of months

If it was anyone but Arena, I could see a 3-4-3 potentially working with the players the US has.

What happened to Birnbaum?

You know this isn't FIFA right?

Hasn't been very good

this lol

we are not Juventus, our fullbacks are in no way shape or form good enough to handle a 3 CB set

we play a basic formation, semi park the bus and hope for the best on the counter

Because a 3-4-3 team didn't just win the PL, and a number of teams didn't use it throughout the season.

You're retarded for even thinking mlelshit is good.

>implying PL finishing means anything when only 1st and second place were close

Our players aren't high caliber players.

Italy beat Spain in the Euros with the formation. It's definitely possible with a decent coach.

It covers up a lot of flaws.

That doesn't mean it would fit our players