Why does baseball make so much money if its dead?

Why does baseball make so much money if its dead?

only niggers think its dead, and you hear their opinions more because they are loud as fuck.

the yankees sells hats to clueless foreigners

some teams, like the yankees, pirates, and the giants have big crowds for all 81 home games. that's a lot of fucking money. also baseball merchandise is the most popular to wear around on the streets because it doesn't make you look like a ten year old.

pretty much this...ironic considering african-americans have proportional representation in pro-baseball.

figure they're pissed because you need a dad to teach you how to play...

the next two highest rankings for baseball on forbes' sports money index:

>#22 red sox
>#44 chicago cubs

not very impressive. soccer, football, basketball, and sponsoring corporations are all rated more often in the top 50. the trend continues down the list.

mlb isn't dead, it's dying

Because Americans don't know what real sport is

This. Let's say every ticket in the stadium goes for 75 bucks (they don't, but for this point I'm trying to make, pretend.) and 15,000 buy tickets, thats over 1000000 dollars right there. Go to the stadium and you have to buy food/drinks/souvenirs. You get people for 15-30 AT LEAST right there. Huge profits are made for each game, unless you're the Rays

whats the second highest revenue grossing sporting league in the world?

its not dying, youre just retarded

same memesters who push that say football is dying.

weird thing is they never bring up the NHL or NBA, 2 leagues that may actually be in trouble.

It does extremely well on a local level

Nba is at an all time high dipshit

>mlb isn't dead, it's dying

you're a fucking idiot...the Cub's victory parade was the 7th largest crowd in recorded history. MLB has more live spectators than any other pro-sport in the world.

nba is legit fucked. everyone knows there is absolutely no point in having more than two teams in the NBA for the foreseeable future. the regular season is meaningless, the pre-finals playoffs are meaningless.

Its boring AF to watch unless you live in Oakland and magically can afford internet/TV or if you live in cleveland.

NHL just has dog shit marketing. Its easily one of the more exciting sports to watch but unless im at the game I dont give three fucks about the sport. I'm sure they can do something to market this invisible sport. FS1 and ESPN both instruct their radio personalities to not talk about hockey because it causes so much dead air.

Once LeBron retires, that league is dead

Baseball hats>>>>other sports hats.

Go to New York and just see how many wear a baseball cap. They don't even know the team at all, and they'll wear it

go to bed Mohammed.

the cubs victory has historically important, it makes sense that it had an unusually large victory parade. look at trends over time, not specific data points.

Look at my collection. I've added 2 more since this pic was taken

nah, he isnt that influential. the revolving door on NBA talent is non-stop.

the problem are these super teams

Pretty much, the NHL is fucked because Bettman and putting us on NBC over ABC or fox, and the NBA is dead because of (((silver))), political correctness, and the parity at such a low

Baseball is as healthy as it's ever been. Attendance is good at stadiums across the country, merchandising sales are high due to a plethora of recognizable superstars, and the MLB Network had it's best quarter ever, with viewership up 65%. And the best part is, despite a lack of a salary cap, baseball does not have the parity issue that is plaguing other sports.

This. The MLB and NHL are the best sports in America. Football and basketball haven't done well in the past couple of years, but in baseball, the last repeat was in the 90's-00's, and same for the NHL. The issue with baseball is that everyone likes vapid action, and baseball is a "snoozefest"

>it makes sense that it had an unusually large victory parade.

lol...shutthefuckup....it got more people then the Hajj.

baseball is doing great, it has a really successful business model.

>The issue with baseball is that everyone likes vapid action, and baseball is a "snoozefest"

some of us enjoy the comfy.

I know that. The problem is that normies don't like that. They like the NBA because it's constant scoring, and that's a problem. Then there's the issue of how nobody knows players, or blindly follows one just because they seem "trendy". If I go to a city and ask if anyone knows mike trout, few will know, and same goes if I say Connor mcdavid. But mention lebron, and everyone knows it. Marketing is the issues as well

>There's only 60 black baseball players in the MLB
>Majority are mediocre.
>"MLB hates blacks!"

Yeah, and I hate Montero because he's black. I hate that guy because he cost us 4 games this year

That's how it works in a blacks mind though. I used to lifeguard at a shitty outdoor pool right in the middle of a low income neighborhood. The blacks are rowdy as fuck, and when you tell them to calm down or attempt to discipline them, they genuinely believe it's just because of their skin color. But it's reinforced at home, by their friends, by society etc. Every white guy is racist, and a black person that doesn't agree with you is a traitor """""uncle tom""""" (in quotes because the actual Uncle Tom was an upstanding individual who went to the grave for what he believed in).
Guess I'm done blogging and bitching now.

That is the thought. In my high school a few years back, they hated anyone who corrected them, and thought they were targeted because of skin. Usually whenever I was put in a situation, they put me off the hook because they knew I was innocent, yet the blacks thought I got away because I was white

This is what makes them fail in society