Vegan girlfriend red pilled me on meat

So, I'm still going to eat meat throughout my entire life, but she brought up excellent points, that made me cut back on HOW MUCH meat I eat. Consider the following:

>Human intestines of other herbivores, ours are very long (carnivores have short intestines so they can quickly get rid of all that rotting flesh they eat).

>Human teeth opposite of carnivore's teeth, meant for grinding

etc etc. I mean just google it, and it'll show that humans aren't built for it.

OK. But, instead of cutting out on meat and dairy entirely, why don't we just cut back on our meat and dairy consumption rates? It's no wonder why the West has loads of health problems from eating too much of it, compared to the East.

I mean think about it, I bet you that even back in the 1950s, we didn't eat as much meat as we do today.

Aren't I on to something with at least cutting back on how much of it that we consume?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2012/06/27/155527365/visualizing-a-nation-of-meat-eaters
medicaldaily.com/omnivores-vs-herbivores-how-meat-consumption-affects-our-health-322560
webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20141105/red-meat-carnitine
youtube.com/watch?v=mTog_NtCEio
youtube.com/watch?v=OloLS5kTrVs
google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=over consumption meat heart attack
google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=too much meat causes
google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=amount of meat we should be eating
bulletproofexec.com/the-red-meat-scapegoat-the-new-york-times-carnitine-heart-disease-and-science/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYNmGMsU18
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What are omnivores

But you are correct, in a way.
America needs to cut back on eating EVRYTHING

Our diabetes and heart disease rates are a fucking travesty and I'm sick of my taxes being taken to fix other peoples fatass problems.

The problem with Vegans is that they are a bunch of pussies who have for only argument "muh animal suffering". If most were giving sound arguments like you do, things would change for the better.

Vegans have very strong ethical points to argue from. I have no idea why they would chose to discuss biology instead.

How is identifying animal suffering as undesirable suffering unsound?

>>Human intestines of other herbivores, ours are very long (carnivores have short intestines so they can quickly get rid of all that rotting flesh they eat).

Look up a herbivores intestines. They have almost no small intestine and a massive large intestine. Carnivores have massive small intestines and almost no large intestine.

Our intestines are much more similar to a carnivores, but we are actually omnivores, hence why we have both.

>>Human teeth opposite of carnivore's teeth, meant for grinding

Our teeth are also not like a herbivores... Bears have almost the exact same teeth as we do. We have the teeth of omnivores...

How are you fucking dumb enough to fall for this vegan shit? If we aren't like an exclusive meat-eating animal, then we must not ever eat meat? Fucking dumb.

>starts thread
>thinks he can post something productive
>listed one argument
>that one was shit because we, humans, are both, meat and vegetable eaters
>"j-just google ist, come its 2016"
>girlfriend

fucking nigger

Right, right. I really do think it comes down to our intestines not being able to keep up with it, too.

I mean look at this, scroll down to:

>U.S. total meat consumption, in billion pounds

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2012/06/27/155527365/visualizing-a-nation-of-meat-eaters

It definitely seems Idiocracy tier to ignore the possibility of the danger over consumption of it in a body that's not built for it.

And plus, I'm all about taking cues from old school people on how they lived their life to influence mine, in today's age of willful ignorance

The teeth part is partially wrong as the front teeth are incisors meant for cutting up meat while our back teeth are for grinding vegetables.

Most of the social evolution of mankind revolved around us being hunter gatherers. A lot of male traits are such because they were beneficial for hunting.

you can't get enough proteins out of grass.
don't even get me started on soy.

You're a fucking retard. Yeah, no shit eating too much meat is bad for you.
Moderation is key in everything.
>Human intestines of other herbivores, ours are very long
Because we're omnivores
>Human teeth opposite of carnivore's teeth, meant for grinding
Because we're omnivores

Eat a balanced diet and shut the fuck up, you fucking idiot. You're a moron and your girlfriend is the dominant one in your relationship.

People are concerned about their health but could sleep like a baby while their neighbor's dying an horrible painful death screaming for help.

Don't expect them to care about a pig or a chicken sufferings.

Because no one cares

medicaldaily.com/omnivores-vs-herbivores-how-meat-consumption-affects-our-health-322560

This article acknowledges that, while also validating my fundamental point on how we consume too much of it, though.

In other words you're just as bad as a vegan by ignoring how our current over consumption of meat is killing us.

Look up meat consumption rates throughout the decades, it shouldn't be any wonder to anyone with an IQ above 16 that the amount we're eating is killing us, all to satisfy the meat industries. Good goy.

>Vegan girlfriend
>red pilled me
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Listen skraeling, if you don't eat meat you will grow pussies on your face and your vegan gf (lmao) will leave you, because all vegan gfs eat meat... it is known.

Now stop being a fucking weakling, grab some fucking chicken, cow, horse or your dog and start eating some flesh you degenerate nu-male.

Your argument is that we should cut down on meat because our intestines aren't as short as you would want them to be?
Idiot

>America needs to cut back on eating EVRYTHING
Just wait until every ChingPongCheng and Pajeet and WummbaWuzWickuta also wants to eat milk, and eggs, and lots of meat.

> this triggers the vegan

>Eat a balanced diet and shut the fuck up

which men aren't doing anymore, cuck. That's the point I'm making

>you're a nu-male if you don't consume 270 pounds of meat.

This is what walking heart attacks actually believe

Who fucking cares? As long as I'm not a fucking fat ass like OP, I want to eat things that taste good while I'm alive, so I fucking will.

I perfectly assume that you're a pussy and I'd beat the shit out of your manlet body.

But why don't I kill you and fuck your sister ?
Moral laws.

Yeah first off you're just wrong in thinking that our OMNIVORE system wasn't meant for eating meat. Our ancestors have eaten it for millenia.

But you're right that modern Americans and others eat too much of it. The reason is really simple to grasp. In our traditional lifestyle meat, fatty meat in particular, was very hard to get. And our health requires it - not in great quantities, but regular doses of it are very good. Particularly for people living an active, natural lifestyle.

Fast forward to do. In the blink of an eye (from the point of view of biological evolution) our lifestyle has changed completely. We're sitting in place most of the day, we're burning very few calories, and we have unprecedentedly easy access to food of all sorts.

So we eat too much, we get fat, we die.

We can use our brain to overcome this, but we need to over-ride our instincts on diet (not going full vegetarian by any means, but limiting our meats to small portions no more than 3 times a week for instance is a good rule of thumb for most people) and forcing ourselves to get enough exercise.

Also some sorts of meat are much worse than others. Animals with multiple stomachs who live on grass are much safer sources of meat than those that eat meat themselves, whether carnivores or fellow omnivores like the pig.

This guy is right

Our bodies remain pretty much the same as thousands of years ago. Its our eating habits that have changed i.e. easy access to dense foods with very little energy expended.

Fruits were hard to find back then in colder climates, our ancestors didnt snack on sugary bananas every 2 hours. Same with meat, it wouldve taken a tonne of energy to hunt and kill. Then we'd eat the whole thing and make soup from its blood and bones.

Meat is its essential for human development so fuck off with your hippy shit, moderation is required as it is with everything

Also if you really care about sustainability you should start eating insects, theyre literally packed with protein. But you wont cause its icky

>implying eating red meat is linked to heart attacks

Fuck sake

Uh yes, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying.

Our bodies aren't made for the amount of meat we're eating, it's a biological fact.

>a slight resemblance means we're able to digest 270 pounds of meat

Our body literally has a transport protein on our intestine for heme digestion.

Heme.
Like hemoglobin.
Like in blood.
The blood of dead animals. (plants don't have blood I expect you're too unintelligent to know this.

Face it user. We evolved to eat meat.

You're a moron, pic related

You like sweet barbecue sauce and spices. Nothing is better than juicy fruits, objectively.

You're not making any point, retard. You're simply being pushed around by your girlfriend who has more testosterone than you.
People in general are not eating too much meat. That's complete bullshit you pulled out of your ass.

If people are eating too much meat then they are eating too much food, period, so you should be talking about obesity and not meat. Obesity is a far bigger issue than people eating meat, partially because the only people who have meat related issues are almost always fat.

Get some perspective and stop being pushed around by your girlfriend.
It's funny that you call me a cuck when your girlfriend has zero respect for you. Do you honestly think she isn't going to start cheating on you, and introduce an ''open relationship''? Literally makes no sense for you to call me a cuck when you are going straight to the cuckshed.

How do you explain the disproportionate amount of birth defects in vegan mothers?

webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20141105/red-meat-carnitine

Reported for underage, by the way

I don't give a shit about animal rights, but I cut down a lot on meat to get healthier. Used to have problems shitting and now I shit every day with no problems. Only eat meat like once a week or so now and not that much meat when I do eat it

>other herbivores
We're not herbivores, you ignorant faggot. Humans are omnivorous.

youtube.com/watch?v=mTog_NtCEio

>Eating leaves & grass
>I'm just as much Human as you guys r-right?
Huhuhuhuh

Fat meat, arterosclerosis.

>polish science

>mfw

>You're not making any point, retard

yes I did, I clearly stated in my original post that we're eating too much consumption of meat, which is in turn killing us from the inside - backed by a tidal wave of scientific studies. Are you daft?

youtube.com/watch?v=OloLS5kTrVs

It's not. There is NOT A SINGLE FUCKING STUDY SAYING EATING (unprocessed)MEAT IS BAD FOR YOU. YOU FELL FOR VEGAN PROPAGANDA WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP

Care to post those studies?

>you become a retarded hated youtube nigger

>eat insects
Sure, that's a fantastic food resource. But it isn't the solution either. The future is synthetically grown meat from the lab. Because it's most efficient and compatible with modern supermarket consumer hunter and gatherers.

There's a slew of scientific studies that show that over consumption of meat is bad for you, yes.

I just linked you one here:

(You)

I'm a vegetarian and even I'll tell you humans are omnivores

just don't eat garbage factory farmed hormone stuffed amerishit meat, get local free roam organic meat that wont make you obese and doesnt come from abused animals

what about caramelized fat and connective tissue which often go with the meat?

Overconsumption of anything is bad. The question is at what point does it become overconsumption.

Why would you even question it? you genuinely believe that eating 270 pounds of beef is healthy?

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=over consumption meat heart attack

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=too much meat causes

pick and choose any one you want.

interesting

Fucking disgusting.

You're literally braindead. You just keep ignoring every comment that disagrees with you and if you reply you completely ignore any argument against what you said.

I know exactly why you're doing this. It's because of your girlfriend. You want to please her so much you just shut down anything that disagrees with her.
You're already cucked mentally.

The reason you have health problem isn't primarily because of meat and dairy, its the shit that is in the meat, dairy AND grain.

Western food and especially American food is either full of pesticides/herbicides or full of antibiotics and hormones, or both.

But you are not wrong though, eating as much meat and dairy as people in the west do today is not healthy. You should cut down on it and instead buying it of higher quality.

Or just continue being a cheap ass and buy the cheap mass produced shit meat. I am sure you will save a lot of money that way, especially when you take the medical bills into account...

nice autismo aurguments both of you

why you get so upset about his girld friend? lmao virgin detected

Are you stupid ? You seem to.

Predators have their eyes in fron so they can see their food
Herbivores have their eyes in the sides so they can watch easly their attackers approaching.

who the fuck cares about your comment you pretencious bitch stfu and suck my dick you mother fucker autist fuck

I'm not defending veganism

I'm saying that my vegan girlfriend at least convinced me that our current meat heating habits is killing us. As our bodies aren't designed for the amount of meat we're currently eating

here you go bro:

google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=amount of meat we should be eating

>Right, right. I really do think it comes down to our intestines not being able to keep up with it, too.

Our intestines have been keeping up with it for the past... How many thousands of years have humans existed? It's not an over consumption of meat, it's everything combined that leads to health problems

Also I'll take "what the fuck are omnivores" for 100.

>>Human teeth opposite of carnivore's teeth, meant for grinding
no they are the same
we are omnivores

> bet you that even back in the 1950s, we didn't eat as much meat as we do today.

>he doesn't know about HE'S A HACKIN THAT MEAT HACKIN HACKIN song

fuck off jew, we're going to eat meat too. You can't hoard it all. You'd die if you didn't any animal products without vitamin b12 supplements, a lack thereof is strongly connected to alzheimers. So enjoy forgetting that we were ever here. Also carnivores do have short intestines, but we are omnivores you hack, omnivore intestines are much longer so they can eat vegies, but typically not quite as long as veg eaters for the same reasons. Also meat has way more B12 in it than just eggs or milk ect. You can easily die from a lack of B12 in your body by just not eating meat.

This is a vegan shill guys. You ever understand the art of persuasion you'll see how they first say something that you agree with or side with than edge things in that they know you don't like. It makes changing someone's mind a lot easier plus I've never heard a legit meat eater talk like such a faggot

Some people do ok with lots of meat protein

Others do ok with lots of sugar and refined grains

Most would improve their health limiting both and increasing their spectrum of fats/oils, healthy starches and vegetables

who the fuck cares what people do to their own bodies

it's none of your fucking business what other people choose to eat, stop proselytizing like some fucking mudslime

The lrotting meat in colon" thing is a myth.

There may be health benefits to eating less saturated fat (I.e. animal fat), which accounts for statistical trends sometimes observed where vegetarians are healthier than omnivores later in life, but other than that there's no evidence that avoiding meat is good for you.

For environmental reasons, humans should be eating way less beef, which IMHO is the biggest evidence-based argument for vegetarianism (besides ethical considerations but I grew up on a dairy farm and cows and chickens are too retarded for me to respect their sentience).

Animal welfare is thing that did it, for me.

It's just fucked up as all hell, how we treat those animals. Now it's not like killing and eating animals is immoral--it isn't. There is nothing wrong with someone taking down a deer, butchering and eating it. But locking thousands of animals into tiny cages and brutalizing them? Forget about the shitshow of a life the animal experiences, and just think about what it says about the people who do it. That callous, brazen disregard for suffering, for the sake of eating snacks. It makes us meaner, and worse, than we could otherwise be.

That study is flawed bulletproofexec.com/the-red-meat-scapegoat-the-new-york-times-carnitine-heart-disease-and-science/

Bring me a better one

If you don't eat meat and drink milk you will be a weak body lanket forever tbqh

>Our intestines have been keeping up with it for the past

In the past we didn't eat 270 pounds of meat:

We can eat meat, but we aren't designed to eat as much meat as we're currently eating. Any credible science source has confirmed this.

>Sup Forums literally doesn't know what an is-ought fallacy is

"People don't care about bad stuff that happens" is only a defense of bad stuff happening if you don't understand how arguments work

Gorillas are exvlusively vegetarians.

Too little B12 in your diet can take at least 3 years to really kick in. Before that many people report feeling great. But 20 years in and doing this to your little kids will eventually kill you both unless you're reall lucky. But the kids are never lucky,

Did you even read that article?
It's more of a "why cheap meat is gross" than anything.

there

>hey, I'll feed my kid who needs a hell lot of diverse nutriments with carrots and potatoes
>I'm not a retard, duh

>I'm all about taking cues from old school people on how they lived their life to influence mine, in today's age of willful ignorance

Ok then... In what ways other than this diet bullshit after you talking any cues from "old school people"?

Also are you 12? Or retarded?

>Herbivores & Carnivores
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYNmGMsU18
Niggers please, all living creatures are omnivores. We consume everything to survive. Fuck your moral relativism.

Ok.
You should be donating all your excess money to Africans because they need more money than you, and they're suffering.
Does that move your fee fees?
No, because you don't give a shit about them. How is this not an argument?

Is saying ''children starve!'' a good argument for you to change your life by donating all you have? I don't think it is, because I know you don't give a shit about those little fuckers.

>and make soup from its blood and bones
Beef bone stew broth is a wonderful base for lots of things. Only a fool doesn't use the bones because marrow is delicious.

That's 270 lbs a year on average in a nation of 300 million with a huge amount of outliers.

I'd say ~1/2lb of meat a day isn't too much.

There's places around the world that has history of being vegetarian and they're just fine. Actually the two healthiest ethnic cuisines in the world are Japanese and Greek food.

A lot of plant based food + little meat for flavor.

What?

I'm saying the way Americans are eating food in 2016 is pants on head retarded to how we ate food back in the day. That's too complicated for you brah?

There is nothing factually accurate about your statement, tbqh

>reached a conclusion because muh gf said so
>only now looking for evidence
Why not kill yourself?

>You: We're biologically purposed to eat only plants, we are herbivores

Me: No, we aren't, look at the evidence.

>You: We still eat too much meat!

I have never seen mental gymnastics like this before. I never said we don't eat enough meat. I never said we should eat ONLY meat.

What I said was, we have the biology of an omnivore, which you cannot seem to udnerstand. You are very clearly a hardcore vegan trying to act like "a normal person who just converted".

Yes, we eat too much meat. You know what else kills you if you get too much of it? Water.

Fuck off back to your delusion, and leave everyone else out of it.

Bingo ^

B12.

Had a girl in my unit during training. We had to kill and eat rabbits. Instructor told this girl to kill rabbit or fail. She killed it. But she didn't eat it because shes vegan. She didn't eat for 3 weeks and almost had to go to the hospital due to malnutrition. Fun note you can't live off fucking berries in the woods.

>carnivores have short intestines so they can quickly get rid of all that rotting flesh they eat

Absolutely false.

Herbivores/omnivores have longer intestines to digest grasses and leaf-matter because the energy contained is less dense and more difficult to access.

Where's our cecum, then?

One big problem with the meet industry is the amount of corn needed to feed animals could feed all the starving people in the world

However, as the poorer starving people get more money, and the population increases, a lot of people are predicting the supply of meat to go down, price to go up, and people to eat more and more crops in order to get the food they need, maybe only having meat once a week or on special occasions

This means over the next 50 years, we will likely see the market dictate that people eat less meat, and that world hunger will go down

the wonders of capitalism

Meat diet affects brain development by providing an extra supply of fatty acids (specially if it's a fish diet) necessary to increase the thickness of the outer layer of the cortex of the fetus (through the mother), and this process continues until you're 14 years old.

There's no truth at all on what you posted, as any population that maintains a healthy omnivorous diet also has the highest longevity rates and overall health. By promoting a vegetarian diet you're promoting of population of weak drones to flourish. Find me one single species of herbivorous animal that is slightly intelligent.

You seem upset :^)