track6.mixtape.moe/jfskgu.mp3
iselder.bandcamp.com/album/oer
youtube.com/watch?v=F0fGVK8Rdnw
soundcloud.com/jonathan-keeler-1/satanus-est-in-forestus
youtube.com/watch?v=mEzGbNzylKA
youtube.com/watch?v=J6THlWXLXX4
youtube.com/watch?v=HTxby-sxh-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post your own bands/projects and I'll listen to them.

Seriously, would love to hear that stuff.

Copypasting from last year

>I don't, but a very close friend of mine does and I know his exact songwriting and recording process
along with his complete setup since we have writen and recorded some stuff together in the recent past.

So he writes the guitars, the bass and the drums in Guitar Pro. He then exports the MIDI of the drum
tracks, which he imports in his DAW, and then he sets up his drum samples plugin on the MIDI track.

As far as the guitars and bass goes, plugs in his guitar directly in his interface (he has an Audio Box
USB by Presonus, really good for really cheap) and records his parts dry. After everything is recorded
he applies an amp simulator plugin to create his guitar and bass tones. He then uses a very cheap USB
Guitar Hero/Rock Band microphone to record his vocals.

As far as mixing and mastering goes, for Black Metal you won't have a whole lot to do. Just make sure
the guitar tracks are panned and equal in volume, push the bass a bit farther into the mix, make the
drums as loud as it can be without overpowering the guitars, and get your vocals to a desirable volume.
Apply some EQs and reverb to each tracks to your liking, and that's pretty much it. I know he likes
to use a plugin called iZotope Vinyl, a really cool plugin to dirty up your mixes.

That's pretty much what he does, and what I'd do myself if I was recording Black Metal.

this

also if you need a cover I'll work for cheap

youtube.com/watch?v=doQ7TU4Q7jM

It's really more easy than it sounds. I'll try and explain a little.

>So I can buy some thing that I can use to directly plug my guitar and bass into my computer?
Yup. Those things are called an "interface". The cheapest I know is the Audiobox USB by Presonus,
around 99$. You plug it by USB, hence the name, and you are ready to record, once your instrument
is plugged in the interface.

>How do those amp simulator plugins work then?
In your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW for short), you select your track and add the plugin of your
choice, in this case an amp simulator like Amplitube, Guitar Rig 5 (the one I reccomend the most),
BIAS, etc. With most DAW, even if you have an amp sim on your track, it records the track dry without
any effects, so you can tweak the tone

>Are there any good free softwares for all this stuff?
Not a lot are free. For the DAW, Reaper is the one I'd recomend, because the demo is free (duh) and
there's no function missing for the demo. You could also pirate FL Studio, as it comes with a lot of
useful plugins such Fruity Equalizer 2 and Fruity Reeverb 2. Other plugins such as Guitar Rig or
EZdrummer are pretty easy to pirate. The other plugin I mentionned, iZotope Vinyl, is now free to
download too and I'd recommend it because it's quite useful to dirty up your final mix.

It's kinda weird that we've all seen what his brain looks like.

>not using 4-track cassette

What's way worse is using amp simulators instead of recording a real amplifier

Should I plug the guitar into my DI box, then into the usb interface, or straight into the interface? Should I be asking the guitar thread? I don't have the interface yet which is why I'm asking.

What le f*ck happend with the tripfag Bellerophontic Sy??

first for neige is qt

I would a neige

saved

hahnkult.bandcamp.com/track/sorgens-tempel my old band

Got one without the pizza? Just the cat?

Most usb interfaces are also DI
often it will have a switch called instrument and line and it will explain on the box
you switch it to instrument for DI
If you use a DI box then that just potentially degrades the quality because it's needlessly adds something to the chain
But why record DI? Do it with a 4 track, computers are for numales

This is my project btw
bookofsand.bandcamp.com/

Amps are more expensive, and therefore, less kvlt

No........

youtube.com/watch?v=znUir4duLm4

They have a point - Savage Garden promoted homosexuality, and, liberalism.

>Amps are more expensive, and therefore, less kvlt
Get a shitty Peavey Blazer or something Crate for 20-30 bucks poser.

Shut the fuck up
Amp simulation sounds so weak and gay. It will never have a proper raw sound
And who the fuck doesn't have an amp? If they have a computer capable of running a DAW and amp sims, but not an amp than they are numales who don't have their priorities straight

Do you know some Black Metal circles ?
I've heard about the Temple Of The Black Light, the Misanthropic Luciferian Order but I'd like to know if there are more ?

>Dead
>he is actually dead

Pottery

This is the intro track of my upcoming first release track6.mixtape.moe/jfskgu.mp3 called Transcendence of pure loli pain

TotBL is a Satanic Order for black magicians, not a black metal circle

Anyone can buy a cheap amp.

thanks lad.

Reminder to download the entire les legions noires discography some madman put up on slsk

Amp simulation is for teaching songs you wrote for your band, not releasing shit with

I personally dislike this kind of sound a lot. It's like the signature sound of mediocre bedroom bm

I'd buy one of these

iselder.bandcamp.com/album/oer
Thanks for the feedback from last thread

>tfw got banned 3 days for mentioning that Hitler was against christianity
BM for this feel?

Pretty wild ride, I would not complain if I heard more from you in the future.

i got banned for greentexting a post that said half the people on here should be banned

youtube.com/watch?v=F0fGVK8Rdnw

obviously

Lets see'em rat bags

>tfw finally getting 4-track portastvdio to make my mvsic trve

I made some hipster black metal a few years back, very much parody, we had a lot of fun.
soundcloud.com/jonathan-keeler-1/satanus-est-in-forestus

It's the fast food of recording. So effortless. The old school way typically requires more rehearsal and/or thoughtfulness and/or effort

>tfw trying to get one but keep losing the bidding wars on ebay

Lookin good there, friend

t.ourists

Sure you guys are triggered, do you work in Guitar Center?

Indeed. Usually the riffs are just as unmemorable, and it's just a flood of mildly enjoyable but entirely forgettable stuff. Makes it hard to find new bands when you have to sift through all those dreary one man projects.

>tfw I know a guy who gave me the one he had in the 90's as a gift because he doesn't use it

Appreciate the feedback, planning on rerecording this stuff in the future with 2 newer songs and a fuller sound.

Just finished the 100 albums, gotta make a new chart now.

>work in Guitar Center?
God that sounds awful.

That doesn't make any sense. A gc employee wouldn't try to push a cheap amp, they would sell you all the expensive cables and monitors for your computer. user don't be dumb.

The Black Circle of Tyranny

Been meaning to check out wormlust

How do you spend your time during /nbbmn/?

I've hiked around almost every day. The weather has been perfect, staying between 35 - 50.

Today, I listened to all of the classic Darkthrone and some atmoshit while hanging out in a forested wetland. Reminded me of all of the times I'd get wasted with my friends and shoot guns in the woods while blasting some metal classics in high school.

Then I got to thinking about how much time has passed since then while listening to pic related.

I used to listen to these guys and Panopticon when I got back to my room after a heavy night of smoking and drinking. I especially like this album because of how comfy the production is. It kind of reminds me of the shitty demos we used to make of us just fucking around. While laying there I'd be starting to sober up, and I would sneak out during the last song for one last cigarette. I have a really clear memory of doing that in late January a few years ago. It was snowing a little bit and the streetlamp lit up the snow and smoke perfectly.

>Using real amps instead of tables
>Being that untrue

>tfw i pay 10 dollars a month for VPN so I can troll Sup Forums and Sup Forums endlessly and mods can't do shit to stop me

I did a work experience week in a guitar shop when I was a teenager. My job was to polish all the guitars day after day because they didn't have anything else for me to do.

It's really good user, that album is definitely worth listening to.

D-do you want to go on a walk with me, user?

youtube.com/watch?v=mEzGbNzylKA

>How do you spend your time during /nbbmn/?
Going to and from university, coming home and joking about jews on the internet. Same thing I do during any other month of the year. My life is quite miserable.

Buying albums and recording. You just convinced me to take a walk, it's getting nice and cold up here in scandza

We can do more than walk user...

I wish i had friends to walk with...

>paying to shitpost
SO COOL user

I'm going to do the same on Saturday but with all of the classic Burzum albums. I'm in New York's north country, so usually it's pretty cold by now. However, we've had a really warm fall so far. Been shitty for hunting.

What is the kvltest guitar tuning?

Can anyone rec Burzum spawn in the vein of Xasthur and Pasage d'hiver? real fuzzy droning stuff.

standard

Standard.

Other tunings are for death metal and things like that.

post your bm-walk scenery, here's mine from a week ago

E one whole octave down

>unblack/white metal

Requesting Blackened Power Metal

To be fair, I also use it to shill my political opinions and false flag from other countries on Sup Forums

Thoughts on black metal on mini cassettes? It's all I can really record to as far as cassettes.

reminds of when I had friends and was the vocalist for a bm band. we would always get drunk as fuck and play in my basement. this pic is from a drunken evening in a WW2 bunker. god I miss this. I'm on the right with the skull. there's a few more pictures if anyone want to see them, we were just fucking around and having fun.

I use D standard because my death metal band uses drop C and it's easier going back and forth on 1 string instead of retuning everything.

Heyyy that's pretty good

What's all this racket going up here user?
Are you listening to your angry teenager screaming again?
What kind of band makes such noise?

but it's the exact opposite

trve people listen to traditional BM and pleb hipsters listen to all the shitty offshoots

Seconding this

youtube.com/watch?v=J6THlWXLXX4

I had this one friend that was into first wave bm and other 80's metal like Iron Maiden and shit like that.

I remember one time we went out to the woods behind his house when his parents left on a trip; smoking joints, drinking shitty beer, and shooting every gun he had.

His sister came home (she didn't live there anymore but was checking up on them, thankfully he picked us all up so no cars were in the driveway) and his brother came running out to tell us. We all hid in the woods while he got rid of her. Dude was a champ at acting normal while completely destroyed.

When she left we went into his room and smoked some bongs while watching live Mayhem videos. I remember walking back and commenting on how perfect of a day it was. It was overcast, so some of my more normie friends didn't think so. But Jacob and I knew what was up.

Jacob and I would ride around in his beat up Jeep and smoke and find places to hike around a lot after graduation. We would listen to classic metal and talk about theology, philosophy, history, and other nerdy stuff on our hikes.

He sort of went crazy after he started working in an assisted living home. One of the clients freaked out and grabbed his hair, so he shaved it all off. He started drinking really heavily, even for us, after a few months working there. We started to get really worried about him.

But now he's actually married, and I think he's completely quit all of that. Just smokes cigs and drinks coffee.

I miss having friends, but I'm glad Jacob is doing okay.

Pic related, the weather today made me think of him.

youtube.com/watch?v=HTxby-sxh-0

kvlt

>tfw living in Finland but still no snow
What's the point of living in a country like this if we don't even get a proper winter?
>inb4 some Lapland fag starts posting snowy pictures

So did you two gay off or what?

meant to reply to you not the faggot

Nah, but you can pretend we did

I'm curious about Blackened Pop Metal..

Ha, I do exactly the same except instead of Death Metal I play [spoiler]metalcore[/spoiler]