6 year relationship down the drain, not a single friend physically or online (partner was my best friend)...

6 year relationship down the drain, not a single friend physically or online (partner was my best friend), I feel the need to retreat even further into myself but I don't want to become another depressed statistic that ends up hanging with a shitty suicide note has any other user beaten the struggle? My depression started when I was in highschool I'm 23 now and getting scared, anyone?? I've been thinking about doing some LSD and thinking about life while on it had some good experiences with shrooms does anyone think it's worth a shot? I just want to see myself and the world differently.

any more pics like this?

I did shrooms and lsd not at the same time, LSD helps a lot but you have to have a big dose.

Honestly tripping while depressed could just make you have a bad trip and freak out. Yes I've been pretty horribly depressed and you really wanna change your life up. Get a job/get a new job. Change your appearance. Get laid. Just do things. You can't just dwell on bullshit imo.

/thread

Dude, life gets better, trust me. All you have to do is put in the effort and you're gonna have to WANT it. Life won't just magically fix it self until you try. Go rock climbing, sky diving, anything. Experience the world my nigga. Hecc, even go to a bar and meet some people. Life doesn't stop here, OP. She's probably happy right now and has moved on so you do the same. op you my nigga, I'll be your friend

I know the feel, bro. That shit happens though. You're not the only one, not by a long shot. I'm also 23 and having a bit of an existential crisis myself, albeit for different reasons. But I've also been through your struggle before. I'll share my story with you.

About 3 years ago, I was living with roommates (who were together) and they fought all the time. I had been playing my favorite MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV for awhile, and had grown very fond of it. Made tons of friends, raided with them, it was awesome. I also had a girlfriend at the time, but she was the really possessive type. Clingy, even. Of course, I was younger then, and I thought that's what I wanted, since I had a really hard time getting dates throughout high school. But as time went by, I began to realize that I didn't actually want that. I cherished her friendship because she was my only irl friend, so I didn't want to lose her. So I took the mental abuse and guilt trips from her willingly, so that I wouldn't be alone.

Not long after, I lost my very prestigious job due to simple tardiness. I was devastated. I then went home, jobless, and seeked solace in FFXIV. Over time, I continued to take the abuse from my girlfriend until I finally decided I had enough. After much self deliberation, I decided to cut ties with her. She was having none of it, despite my pleas to leave me alone. It got to the point that I needed to be mean to her to get my point across. I called her a bitch, a cunt, that she was ruining my life, etc. And some of it was true, because I didn't need her compounding stress on me when I was already jobless and living in an area where job hunting was nigh impossible.

Needless to say, I spiraled out of control. I had saved up plenty of cash from my job that I could live off my savings for quite some time, and I did just that--for six months straight. I was a mess. I became a hermit, sitting in my room, playing FFXIV from sunup to sundown, and sometimes late into the night.

This. The time to do LSD is when everything’s right. Emotions will be extremely amplified and if you’re in a funk it’s going to throw your whole trip off. Especially if you’re dropping alone.

Usually I’d laugh at your gay feelings but i feel you OP my gf and i have been in a rough patch although we’ve been together maybe a year only. It’s rough. I have two real friends who i communicate with most every day one is my roommate and he has been gone and the other one busy and I’ve never really felt more alone in my life. Usually the alone time is great but not so much. Hang in there you ugly faggot you will get through it just try to stay occupied preferably without the use of psychs

ur talking about suicide actively so this is clearly the truth somewhere deep inside you, you'll be forever distorted until you do it

Cont.

I gained weight--a lot of it. This only further contributed to my growing state of depression. Not only was I jobless and friendless, I was morbidly obese and saw myself as unattractive. I had lost all hope. Keep in mind that all the while, roommates are arguing constantly. Shouting. And now it's about me, that I don't have a job (even though I pay my share of the bills just fine). It all came to a head when my male roommate pulled me out of my room and beat the crap out of me. Cops were called, and I moved out the next day, back into my parent's place. Yet another reason to hate my very existence.

... But things got better. I found myself a job at the local McDonald's, and worked towards pursuing my goals. One of them was moving to Oregon, which is where I am now since about a year ago. I met this wonderful guy, and we hit it off extremely well. Sex on the first night. Usually that's a bad sign, but he was all too willing. We currently live together. Of course, it's not perfect. Cooking for him is a nightmare because he's so picky, and I'm a major foodie. He's also really irresponsible and childish (not to mention jobless right now, but I digress.) But nonetheless, I'm much happier now than I was back then.

Case in point, it gets better. Much better. Forget the crap you've been through, pick yourself up, and focus on pursuing your goals. Only then will you feel content with your life. I hope this helped.

Depressed and you think drugs are the answer? Just end it then if you are that hopeless. 23 is nothing, did you really think you wouls spend the rest of your life with someone you been with since 17? This isnt 1942 world.

Why should they be able to bang and enjoy life, while you piss away yours. Why punish yourself and leave them oblivious to it.

If you kill yourself, or dont, the outcome will be the same: They wont remember your name in 10 years

You're killing me softly bro.

Fuck the relationship, just be happy it wasn't 20 years. More importantly, how do I get that clock as my background.

>I met this wonderful guy
>sex on the first night
>>if male
That's fukin gay
>>if female
You shouldn't be here
There are rules here

You need to find friends or get into some hobbies where you can meet new people

Cont. final

I actually still play FFXIV. I really have that game to thank for keeping my wits about me. Without it, I may have ended up committing suicide. It was the one solace I had during that dark chapter of my life. My advice to you, is find something comfortable, and latch onto it, as long as it's healthy and/or promotes social interaction. Online games are fine, but don't do it like I did. Moderation is key. Otherwise, just focus on yourself. Pursue your goals. What do you want in life? What do you want to accomplish in the next year? Answer that question, then attempt to reach your goal. You'll feel much more satisfied with yourself, knowing you accomplished something you set out to do.

It’s like she doesn’t even understand that the best possible advice she could give is a peek at those time stamped chesticles

Magic mushrooms would do the trick

Do that and mentally check out for a few months with some of the green

Chesticles solve all problems
I think that's the truth of it all

I am a 100% certified faggot. You got me.

23 is not an age to hang yourself. wait till you are mid 30s, if you are still depressed do it.

>still have lots of time to experiment with other girls
>depression can go away by itself, wait it out. Don't throw away a life because of a few years depression

Also forgot to mention
>I have someone to have sex with
>therefore it's all good, even tho he's not responsible, doesn't have a job and shys away from broccoli like it's the plague
>in no way is this going to end in breakup and eventual spiral into depression
>stay tuned for my 40 hour FFXV marathon

Take it from me: depression doesn't just "go away", it doesn't resolve itself; it's not like a cold. You have to actively change your thought processes and how you think in order to get results. Trust me lol

Drastically change your life. Move to Australia or if you have the money, travel through Europe with a backpack. Don't just dwell in the same place that got you into this mess and take a chemical to magically solve your problem. You will immediately start looking for excuses, even while reading this. If there is really a valid excuse for you to not move to another country, post it.

In all honesty, I only said these things to highlight the fact that it wasn't a perfect relationship. If sex was the only benefit of being with him, I wouldn't be with him at all. I've taken it upon myself to teach him responsibility and to open his mind to new things. He's taught me a lot of things as well, like how to break out of my shell and be spontaneous. It goes both ways. On the job thing, that's really the only thing we argue about. He says he's trying, but I'm watching him miss opportunities left and right. He was never taught that stuff so it's been up to me to help him out.

>teach him responsibility
Ok hi mum.
What u gotta teach someone else's son how to be responsible?
It's up to u either way.
Imo if you're not responsible why u even looking for (let alone) in a relationship?

Im not OP.... I was severely depressed a few years ago. Everything went wrong at the same time. Add on ADD Inattentiveness and anxiety. I decided to go on anti-depressants. Took a few different ones. Im on this old 1950s amitriptyline shit. Horrible for the heart. But it makes life bearable. Its like a Band-Aid for a wound that never heals. If i stop taking it, the depression is lurking right behind. One thing that's helped me along side the anti-depressants is keeping my mind busy. Hobbies. Learning new skills. I'd like to have new people in my life, but I have gained a huge distrust of people. People to me are superficial. Its really hard to find gems is all the shit.

in all the shit*

Well right off the bat a new country would be filled with foreigners and they are usually fags

His parents weren't exactly all that great... So yeah, someone has to teach him. Might as well be me. I at least know what I'm doing in life. I didn't back then, that's true. But I eventually found my footing and started gaining ground. I've learned a lot since then. During my time at Mickey D's, I was living on my own, paying my own bills, living my own life, independent of roommates and such. That year and a half on my own was really valuable in teaching me responsibility. I figured, might as well pass that knowledge on, so we can live happily together. He never had that opportunity. He's young, like 19. Fresh out of high school, basically.

Tread very very carefully.
If this is what makes you happy
Best of luck

Life's all about taking risks, my friend. I took a huge risk, blowing all my savings to move to Oregon. I think it has been worth it so far. But thanks.

Just try to do what makes you happy, man. Try not to think too hard. We're all going to die. And we might have way, WAY less time than we think. Don't waste it. I know that doesn't make depression magically go away. But depression has a cause. And it has an answer.

Definitely, but I like doing my research and taking measured, calculated risks.
Feels like you jumped in the deep end

As someone who's lived with depression for 18 years, the two things that help me are therapy and medication.
Antidepressants work wonders if you get ones that are right for you, and the right kind of therapy can help get to the route of the problem and teach you to find happiness without the medication.

This. Medication can take a while to work, just finding the right combo can take a while, but once you get the right meds and a good therapist (Don't be afraid to shop around) life gets much much better

Haha, I'm exactly the same way, normally. I'm obsessed with always having a plan B, and I definitely did not when I came here. But, that's one thing my boyfriend taught me. "If you take too much time coming up with contingency plans and trying to take the safe route, sometimes you'll be too late. Jump in!" I really have him to thank for convincing me to finally take the plunge and just move here already.

I would have some generally well rounded reserves, such as money, contacts and/or job opportunities. These three and very flexible and as such would be my "plan B". Moving without any of these, despite your "jump in" mentality is a recipe for disaster if the situation ever went awry. What if u break up and now you're stuck there for no reason?

One thing that I have decided, and I 100% recommend EVERYONE is that you shouldn't get into ANY relationship until you have a goal for your life as well as being HAPPY BY YOURSELF. Your happiness should not depend on anyone but you yourself.

His personality is a direct contrast to mine. I'm mature, responsible, collected, and charismatic. He's spontaneous, shy, quirky, and fun. We kind of cover each other's weaknesses, so it works out in the end.

I had a one or two fallbacks. My blood father lives here and has expressed interest in helping me get my footing here, so I took his offer on that. I didn't have a job lined up, because who the fuck wants to hire a McDonald's worker all the way from Montana. And I did have a small surplus of cash saved up, and my father said he could help with cash if I needed it. Boyfriend and I didn't move in immediately after I got here, we waited about 8 months. I stayed with my father while I searched for work. So it wasn't all that bad.

Agreed. I don't depend on him for happiness, though I'd be devastated if i ever lost him. I was rising out of my depression before I met him.

Its best to remember maturity comes fastest when there is a goal to achieve. You might find luck if you push for that
>you want to buy a house one day or something big and he doesn't want to goto work or something
Again that's your life, so it's up to u to decide

If i was you id be getting fucked up trying to stick my dick in anything that moved but i doubt thats any better. Me and fiancee were fighting so much this weekend i thought we were about to end things, told me she was going to take my whole bottle of zoloft if i left. Bitches be cray thats life i guess.

>that's life
Depends on who u hang around and what type of person you are
Both completely up to you
>so no it's not really life

I've never thought of it that way. Up until now, our goal was "SURVIVE". But maybe if we shoot for something better, he'll have the drive to improve. It's not that he doesn't want to work though. He's just... clueless, I guess is the best word. Like, he thinks that it's fine to just submit an online application and wait for them to call back. I'm like, "Uh, no. You gotta call them periodically to check on your status. You want to let them know that you *really* want it." That sort of thing. He's uncomfortable going and asking for applications in person, even though I've told him time and again that it gives an advantage over other potential hires. It's that kind of thing. But yeah, good advice.

Not a good time to trip imo. My advice: stop fapping (temporarily of course) and do something that gets your dopamine going naturally. Do whatever it is that you like to do, that makes you feel good, outside preferably but not necessarily. After a week or two you'll feel better and you'll be one step closer to not becoming a depression statistic.

Focus on work and getting other things you want. You're too young to bother with petty females. I didn't learn this until my 30s. It might take you that long too.

My advice is that he spams his CV to everywhere he can (use phone application apps if u need to) also volunteering definitely looks good on it.
Put it this way, no point in going if u don't look @ long term as a Going Concern right?
Assume you will always go long term and plan for it but live for the short term.

download tinder, change your fucking attitude, hit the gym or do something physical. It's up to you to change this, nobody else can help

Also that will be my last reply tonight
Wish you all the best in your endeavours and last advice is to seek out mentors and KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. All actions should reflect your future goal. Goodnight and Godspeed.

Therapy is great advice. Medication is not in this particular case. OP doesn’t have depression, OP is depressed. There’s a bit of a difference. He is sad. He will get over it on his own. Throwing medication at someone every time they get sad is a terrible idea