Post the most obscure album you listen to. Not the best hidden gem, not the weirdest album you've ever found...

Post the most obscure album you listen to. Not the best hidden gem, not the weirdest album you've ever found, just the one that statistically, the fewest people have ever heard. Made a mixtape when you were 10? Perfect. Friend has a band that never released anything online, but sold you a CD? Fantastic. Doesn't have to be good, just genuinely unknown.
Pic related is everything from the last thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/tcdbws9au4i5his/Ehtguy_-_Ehtmania.zip
passiveaggressive.dk/sound/kloak-a-boy-getting-pregnant-escho-2006/
soundcloud.com/cvcloud-9/sets/tautology
mcdeep.bandcamp.com/album/black-suit
youtube.com/watch?v=RuHjY8dROYE
last.fm/music/Dentaku
mega.nz/#F!IYUWSSyA!Xg-L66ZNleksWImH5GwrYw
aborticidio.bandcamp.com/
myspace.com/suaveyankeesfolkthepolice/music/song/xx-i-don-t-want-to-be-scene-in-public-xx-65668370-71953778
soundcloud.com/icmnjfy
untitledexe.bandcamp.com/album/suffer-cry-repeat
youtu.be/3J2DfTSAebw
mega.nz/#F!jtsEzCRD!eJlibwowdQcEd5qyZyKVHQ
google.com/search?q=random number generator
discogs.com/release/11122040
youtube.com/watch?v=XJjpOpiFBS8
youtube.com/watch?v=MkdbU7rvXr8
discogs.com/release/1785305
discogs.com/release/235374
uglyflannel.bandcamp.com/album/the-blonde-album
youtube.com/watch?v=_zBLWgM3i1U
youtube.com/watch?v=m8QeS8_0CoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jzUOURSu6Dc
youtube.com/watch?v=PrG7UuppRPc
youtube.com/watch?v=_BZG25INoIE
youtube.com/watch?v=_5Ikl4y3dW0&t=386s
thesunhurts.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=LVNCWngVXCM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ec-qhnvV17k
youtu.be/fxotdPbhbWI
youtube.com/watch?v=t7dq2V8Afr4
dronego.bandcamp.com/album/earlydemotapez
fort-ord.bandcamp.com/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ehtguy - Ehtmania
>acapella, industrial, plunderphonics
>An album I made out of boredom when I was like, 12? I recorded myself saying "eht" and pitch-shifted it. Super obscure, only people who have heard it are me, my brother, and a handful of people on a nardwuar thread last April.
mediafire.com/file/tcdbws9au4i5his/Ehtguy_-_Ehtmania.zip (I hope the link still works)

Thanks also what the fuck

I like this

probably the most obscure album i listen to regularly is a local one, it's described as "hippie metal" and it's definitely pretty out there, constantly shifting/noisy hardcore even though it's pretty hard for me to categorise desu.

passiveaggressive.dk/sound/kloak-a-boy-getting-pregnant-escho-2006/

Whoever posted the macho muchacho ep in the last thread, show yourself.

It's me, OP

Where did you first found it/listened to it?

I forget how I found out about it but I downloaded it from their bandcamp, someone might've mentioned it here but I doubt that's where I found it. I recall it being somewhat accidental.

soundcloud.com/cvcloud-9/sets/tautology
i think it's bretty good

There was a mixtape of christian rock songs (iirc there was one song that wasn't christian: natasha beddingfield - unwritten) that my 3rd grade teacher gave to everyone in class and I listened to it pretty often all the way up until 10th grade when I stopped being christian. I still own it but I haven't listened to it for about six years
I'd provide a pic but I'm not home atm

>natasha beddingfield - unwritten
Oh fuck I forgot about that song. That song was like inescapable back then lol

My best friend's brother made the beats to his friend's rap album.

It's nothing special and I'm probably biased but it's not bad.

mcdeep.bandcamp.com/album/black-suit

A long time ago I found a little drive that had someone's personal documents (school and stuff) and a wierd electronic music album that probably nobody's heard of before, lemme go find it

Any info on this?

It's actually pretty solid. 8/10.

youtube.com/watch?v=RuHjY8dROYE

Welp I don't know where I put this, shame it had a cool atmosphere, all I can remember is it had a generic name like "electronic sounds volume 1" and it was made by a guy that worked on a few ramones albums as an engineer.

last.fm/music/Dentaku
You can find some of his CDs online and a couple tracks uploaded on Youtube, but most of his CDs were limited to 50 copies or less.
It's pretty obscure so it's possible to still obtain some of them on japanese auctions sites or indie CD shops, but good luck ever getting his full discography, physical or digital.

Surprisingly I know of two of those albums and physically own one of them

I found this about a week ago. The album feels like a point and click PC game trying to be a CD. It's all basically meant to be a demonstration for this type of audio technology made by this guy, and it comes with a B-Movie plot that pops up around the middle of the album. Some of the sounds are impressive, but others sound really stock and cheesy, despite the booklet claiming it's "So close to real life that the mind is convinced it is actually experiencing what is heard"

It came with a booklet explaining the whole album's concept and purpose, which is pretty interesting. I'll paste it out and give a link to the album. I'm pretty sure it's on Amazon for about 7 bucks, but I can't find a lick of information for this thing anywhere else online. I found my copy in a dollar bin

"Dear Listener,
The concept of DRC has been in my head for many years now. It has taken me that long to develop my editing skills, ideas, and most of all, find a way to make it happen. DRC is short for Dimensional Reality Cinema, which says a lot about itself. I have many plans for DRC, including producing other short stories, and different styles of music, such as rock. I have the script to a movie called "The Red Eye" in which DRC will be used in making the existing theater formats many times over the acoustical and imagining ability that they now have. In "The Red Eye", I will use the DRC concept to enhance the 3D presence of the special FX and most exciting of all, the music. I will compose the score, record and edit it in 3D DRC sound, then release the sound track in DRC format. I want it to be clear that I did not invent the technology to do this. I have just come up with the idea of utilizing existing programs to make this happen. This process takes a very long time due to the many technical and acoustical problems which occur while editing.
The first half of the CD includes a mind altering introduction explaining what you are hearing and the idea of DRC. By "mind altering" I mean that when the listener puts on headphones and listens with closed eyes, the reality of the audio is so close to real life that the mind is convinced it is actually experiencing what is heard. Your mind's eye is proven to paint a more vivid picture in your mind than if you were actually watching a movie in surround sound. The second part of the CD places you in the middle of a B-Movie horror scene. You will feel like you are actually there with the two characters and you will have the same emotions as they do. You will be petrified.

The Story is about a young, high school couple going up to the mountains and your headphones are in place. It is truly the coolest thing anyone has ever heard. As the couple starts to get romantic, they hear an unsettling noise. As they attempt to investigate what they think may be a raccoon, they discover an indescribable creature, which appears to be very angry. The creature's wrath is unleashed on the couple and the story is followed by the classic ending any film would have, the big orchestral score. Follow the story, there are a few more 3D sound ideas.
DRC (Dimensional Reality Cinema) will continue to produce audio experiences, all different from the last, and continually getting closer to life.

Hope you enjoy listening,
Ryan Eldred"

This album is weird

mega.nz/#F!IYUWSSyA!Xg-L66ZNleksWImH5GwrYw

Thanks, guess I'll keep an eye out for his stuff!

Damn, thanks man
That's bizarre
Out of curiosity, which ones do you own?

>up until 10th grade when I stopped being christian
wow

Technically a compilation, but Boots never released a proper album and it only has 25 ratings on RYM

aborticidio.bandcamp.com/

This is an excellent album my sister showed me.

Underworld - Beaucoup Fish

The other one I knew of was Superette - Tiger. I didn't buy it, it sounded like something I wouldn't have a good time sampling. The drums would've made it really hard to loop something at a steady BPM

Huh cool
I've got the Bradford Reed one
I'd kill for a copy of Love Boat though, and if Eme Eme got a physical release I'd buy it in a heartbeat

experimental bluegrass/emo/noise joke band from when i was 13

myspace.com/suaveyankeesfolkthepolice/music/song/xx-i-don-t-want-to-be-scene-in-public-xx-65668370-71953778

the soundcloud

soundcloud.com/icmnjfy

Everything from Hellbound Glory

How the fuck is Underworld obscure?

I dunno, someone posted it and I didn't know it

Pretty edgy song titles, but the album is actually pretty good

untitledexe.bandcamp.com/album/suffer-cry-repeat

I've got other weird stuff. I own about 2,000 CDs, I just don't like sharing the more obscure ones too often, lest someone find my super secret sampling sources

I've shared this album in the past though. Peter John Stoltzman - Cycles. It's a three disc jazz album that I bought based on the album cover, thinking it'd be prog or something. The first disc is two piece songs (mostly just a piano and one other accompanying instrument), the second is three piece songs, and the third disc is full ensemble songs (with vocals too). This album's always confused me and I've found it kinda endearing with its sound. It's like Soundtracks For The Blind or The White Album in the form of adult contemporary, easy listening jazz

youtu.be/3J2DfTSAebw

Oh, and his professional YouTube page apparently also has videos of (what I presume to be) his son playing Minecraft. I don't know why. One of my friends has also managed to get in contact with this guy. I hope I can too someday. There's not much information about this album online, but he does have it for sale on his website for 20 bucks. I found it for a dollar though... Take that as you will. I still consider this one of the most bizarre things I've ever picked up

mega.nz/#F!jtsEzCRD!eJlibwowdQcEd5qyZyKVHQ

Forgotten Britpop/chamber pop album in the vein of Divine Comedy and Tindersticks

Born Slippy is literally one of the most famous electronic songs of the 90s

Thanks for sharing, man, this is cool
Appreciate your effort

Guess I'll take it off then

Prog metal from Israel

>The Music Tapes
Bruh...

me too

Is that album by the dude from Hot Chip?

They are not obscure at all

I'm sure there's one or two Sup Forumstants who've heard it

www.rateyourmusic.com/misc/random/

You can find loads of albums with no ratings by doing this a few times

here's an even superior way

google.com/search?q=random number generator
(put max number to 11122040)
discogs.com/release/11122040
(change final digit sequence to the random digit you received)

half the results I've gotten doing this are reggaeton singles

youtube.com/watch?v=XJjpOpiFBS8
If you like ambinet,you should try this album.

I've listened to hundreds of Viper albums unironically, I including loads of completely diffident numbered ones that were unvelievably low effort and a few I had to download in various ways because they're not in the Spotify selection. Statistically, at least a few of those must have had very, very few listeners.

Shit wrong link
youtube.com/watch?v=MkdbU7rvXr8

Kek I got back in black on my first search, this is preety fun btw

discogs.com/release/1785305

neat

tune
discogs.com/release/235374

I have an album some guy on Sup Forums posted about a year ago of cell phone recordings he made of a music festival put on by some 10 year olds in Thailand or something

Friend I go to Highschool with is actually makeing some pretty good emo revival uglyflannel.bandcamp.com/album/the-blonde-album

I envy you

Nenoon has like 15 listeners on last.fm. They're korean so I'm sure they must have more of a following in korea but there's still not much info on them. Good band

youtube.com/watch?v=_zBLWgM3i1U

high wolf - growing wild

Pretty good garage rock record. It was limited edition, but you can still find copies for cheap.

I listened to Byla a few weeks ago for the first time in a few years

still not very good desu : (

another sparklehorse fan my man (unles you're a fennesz fan in which case forget this)
What's your favorite album by him? My favorite has always been vivadixie but it's nice to ocasionally find the people who know about him to discuss with

Unit: 3 With Venus - Beer

Not quite sure what genre this is. The band is made up of a little girl named Venus and her parents plus one other guy who used to be in the band Stingers. Technically it's an EP since there are only 3 songs on it, but I guess that makes it all the more obscure? It's pretty good.

Forgot to include samples. Here are 2/3 of the EP's songs plus some extra stuff they have floating around:

youtube.com/watch?v=m8QeS8_0CoQ

youtube.com/watch?v=jzUOURSu6Dc

youtube.com/watch?v=PrG7UuppRPc

youtube.com/watch?v=_BZG25INoIE

My dad used to burn me CD's when I was little so I guess those are pretty obscure

not that guy but i agree with vivadixie being his best

>The Music Tapes
>makes tape music
comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=_5Ikl4y3dW0&t=386s

found on here today

This is good shit

This isn't too obscure either tbqh. Fennesz and Sparklehorse both have decent audiences

thesunhurts.bandcamp.com/
my friends' band from high school. still listen to the song strong donk on occasion and it brings back memories

Mixtape made by obscure Baltimore scam artist, Santo Gold, director of the lost schizo "wrassling" film Blood Circus. Created bizarre commercials to promote his fake gold business and wrestling film, arrested for fraud and sleazebaggery in the late 80s.

Released almost purely to safeguard his name against a female RnB artist with the same name, this CD is a mix of Turrets laden rapping and a few actually kinda good folk songs. Also predicted President Trump 8 years early.

youtube.com/watch?v=LVNCWngVXCM

youtube.com/watch?v=Ec-qhnvV17k

youtu.be/fxotdPbhbWI

Love this album. I really like both Fennesz and Sparklehorse so it was cool to find out they did a collab

>argentinian post punk, indie metal band

youtube.com/watch?v=t7dq2V8Afr4

Groaner - ∀x∃y((BxΛGy)→Ayx)

It's actually a really good drone EP, probably one of my favourites in drone.

Dronego. Duel bass drone metal from Argentina.
dronego.bandcamp.com/album/earlydemotapez

Recursive Void - the Box/Why Should I Be?

Pretty good space rock I came across when I was a teenager. Don't think they've ever done anything else.

i wonder the context of that album title

idk what A, B, G are

I autistically chant to myself
Only me and my immediate neighbors can hear

Mushroom with Eddie Gale-Joint Happening
It's a joint effort between Eddie Glae (probably best known for his work with Sun Ra) and a artist collective from San Francisco. Together they create this really far out Jazz sound that I adore.
Also if anyone can find the album Mushroom did with Faust I'll realy apreaciate it.

That's neat. The thing I found is nothing like Sun Ra though... It's almost completely adult contemporary jazz. There's not really anything wild and crazy about it. It's relatively grounded.

Thanks for the rec. I'll look it up

I've actually never seen anyone else have this album on a chart or talk about it

Bump

this isnt that obscure but its a fucking bop

this person has posted this in a few threads, I've been listening pretty often since:

fort-ord.bandcamp.com/releases

I've listened to this guy in a few BC threads too. Very interesting stuff. Though I kind of believe you're just shilling, since the filename is literally the same from the BC threads.

Probably Doctor Jazz. An old, closing down hospitals staff used to, apparently, have a fundraising Jazz band comprised of some of their doctors

I have an obsessive thing about naming my files, although I've seen it posted a few times. Does repeated posting in soundcloud and bandcamp threads considered shilling?