Saved up enough cash to build dream PC

>saved up enough cash to build dream PC
>playing on shitty family computer I beefed up with various christmas presents from over the years
>basically a shitty Intel core 2 duo, stock motherboard, and GTX 950
>install new motherboard
>boot up PC
>copy of Windows doesn't recognize hardware, thinks I pirated or something
>"Activate Windows" watermark permanently in the bottom of my screen
>insisting I drop $100 on a fresh copy of Windows 10 after I just spent $500 on a new CPU, motherboard, case, and RAM
>call tech support
>spend 20 minutes talking to some dumb fuck robot before it lets me talk to a human
>fucking dirka dirk picks up
>explain I upgraded hardware and Windows is being a piece of shit
>"sur du u hab de produkt kee wit u todai?"
>bought Windows 8 years ago, left it at parents house when I moved out
>"surry ser ef u du nut hab de prudekt kei u kanot enstal Windows"
>so you're telling me I have to drop another $100 on a product I already bought
>"yus ser"

fucking shills.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OeHjN4oWVfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get linux.

richfag checking in, this is fake and gay. op go ahead and "cemmit sooeeside". or try and be rich like me, he he. get a rolex submariner u dum poorfag. he he he. im rich and my life is better than yors

There are patches for thi

dude this is Sup Forums. just go onto the pirate bay or another public tracker and download a torrent with a cracked version of windows 8, or just grab a key from the bottom of a laptop.

not knowing about windows crack

Linux is free you stupid, video game playing, loser faggot. Fucking idiot. Go cry to mommy

Pretty sure there's a program you can download that straight up gets rid of it.
Just Google around man I got a completely torrented and cracked version of Windows and office.

This is fake. If you call activation support they are told to help you activate windows regardless of if you have a key or not. They will take you through easy steps and activate it for you in about 10 minutes.

>completely torrented
What are you, an idiot?

The drika I talked to refused to help me activate it unless I had a key

Linux also has abhorrently shitty UI and is for supercool nerds who can totally DDOS you
>pic related

You probably are mistaking a key for a 64bit code that is on your particular installation of windows. Either that or you didn't talk with activation support.

You can’t change the motherboard because the hard drive controller is different. It also breaks the activation. It’s how they keep licensing legit. You can only activate the version that’s on the OEM sticker or the retail version you own and have key for. Everyone but stupid children know this.

All of you in the thread are fucking dumb.

They don’t activate unless you have a key.

This guy is just fucking stupid.

Huh? Youre delusional

Kmspico works on the latest build of w7-10 U just have to reapply it.

I recommend installing it rather than portable and reactivate every 6 months or when ever a new patch

I've talked with them several times using the same key for every system. Windows says that the key is already being used or something but then you call activation support and they win ever actually ask what the key is. They ask for an activation id which is unique to each system regardless of key.

And I bought the retail version

And I dont have the key because that was years ago

I understand why it doesn't work, I just think its fucking stupid that it works THAT way.

Yeah I know that. But if he doesn’t have his license to type in, he can’t get an activation code. You need to try and activate, fail, call the number, type in the code, then enter the confirmation code.

Kicker is you need a license key and stupid child OP doesn’t have one because he is an idiot and left it at his parents.

Imagine if all the idiot OPs in the world called and said “uuuh I left my key at my stupid parents house” “yes the ones who gave birth to my idiot ass”. No one would have to buy windows.

No dude, I'm not. The whole reason I bought Windows 8 in the first place was because my uncle gave me his old work computer, which had Linux and Unbuntu (whichever is which) and I hated it. I trashed the shitty hard drive, threw out Linux and bought Windows

>>not knowing that swapping out motherboards counts as major hardware change that usually requires fresh OS install

>>installing any version above of Windows above 7 on a personal computer

>>giving Microsoft ANY of your money EVER

>>most laughable: CALLING TECH SUPPORT LOLOL
windows is the most pirated software in the world. that pajeet did u a favor by not just giving in to your dumb lazy ass. go learn to pirate windows like a normal person you stupid fuck.

You need the license to prove you bought it. I’m sorry you don’t think you need proof of your purchase.

You should have kept your copy of Windows. Easy. Just be a grown up.

This guys is half not off base. If companies can’t make money they can’t pay their workers.

>activators

pirate bay is down, man

>half not off base

what the fuck did you just say to me nigger?

>If companies can’t make money they can’t pay their workers.

you SHOULD NOT care about microsoft slave labor. you SHOULD care about not funding a beast like microsoft. every cent you give microsoft is used to oppress you.

If I have a laptop with Windows 10 on it, could I just use the key from that?

>pirate bay is down, man

you can get windows install ISO's anywhere, even download directly from microsoft for free, faster than a torrent.

all you need is a crack, which you don't need piratebay for, just google and common sense

Go around and google windows genuine advantage update, it'll give you a string like kb27422 or some crap like that. Uninstall that update and set it to never install. If WGA isn't on the PC it'll think everything is A-OK.

No it's not. And you don't have 3 backup sites either?

just buy a windows 10 oem key for 10$ or so and install an official image from microsoft

youtu.be/OeHjN4oWVfk

Install gentoo

nope

I have solved this in the past, though I don't remember how I did it. Something with bios/cmos maybe.

What was wrong with it specifically?

man your simply just fucking retard

I changed Mobo and CPU and windows gave me no issues.

>calling people retarded
>with that grammar
You’re making this too easy

Jeez man, just perform an SLIC injection, do the OEM activation and be happy.