Are movies like spirited away and other studio ghibli considered normie anime movies?

Are movies like spirited away and other studio ghibli considered normie anime movies?

I ask because I never really looked into anime, but really like spirited away, princess monoke and howls moving castle. I try to go to the anime boards but all of the shit their is wayyyyy to weeb for my liking. is there any boards for the non hardcore weeb type of anime, also any other anime MOVIES similar to these studio ghibli greats I have mentioned?

And also, please ffs do not delete this thread because its about ANIMATED FILM. we can talk about ice age and all that other disney cuckery here but not spirited away? they are BOTH ANIMATED FILM. Spirited away even got nominated for an oscar ffs

What if they are for ''normies''? Just watch whatever the fuck you want and enjoy yourself you fuckwit .

Seconded :^)

Seconded what? Im asking for similar movies. How can i enjoy what I like if im new to the genre and have specifically stated the majority of anime i see on the anime boards is way to childish and weird looking for my liking. Im asking for shit similar to studio ghibli shit, and also, seen as I am new to anime, asking for a general consensus on wether the shit I enjoy is considered normie tier or not. Fucking retards

You could try some Satoshi Kon. His visual style is more grounded and doesn't look childish in any way, but his movies don't have the universal appeal that Studio Ghibli movies have, they feel a little more "japanese". If this is what you mean by weird than I'm not sure you'll enjoy them.

>no horror

For what reason?

>For what reason
Didnt make the graphic is probably my main reason

Check out the rest of the Studio Ghibli movies. Some of their best aren't the ones you hear about so much. Miyazaki isn't their only director too. Takahata, the cofounder is a master of the form as well. Some hidden gems include Only Yesterday and Whisper of the Heart. You won't be disappointed. They make almost every type of movie, telling all sorts of different stories for kids and sometimes older audiences.

Mamoru Hosoda has been called 'the next Miyazaki' for a while, but he's something different. In fact he left Ghibli to found his own studio but his stuff is clearly influenced by them. He's a bit more pop but The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Wolf Children are great. WC is something of a masterpiece

Satoshi Kon movies too. He's more into adult themes and stories, but the filmmaking and animation art is excellent.

Masaaki Yuasa -- a bit 'out' there and more like pop art in his visual approach. He made one movie called Mind Game and has a good few miniseries worth checking out.

Visually, Makoto Shinkai is popular too but I never thought his writing or directing was anything special.

These should be a good jumping off point

Ghibli is a good place to start for sure, for other animation of the same quality check these out, all pretty much essential viewing-

Ghost in the Shell
Akira
Perfect Blue
Paprika
Tokyo Godfathers
Only Yesterday
Princess Mononoke
Nausicaa
The Wind Rises
Whisper of the Heart
Sword of the Stranger
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Jin Roh
End of Eva
Ninja Scroll
Redline

Ghibli is for normalfaggots but that isn't a bad thing. There are a decent amount of other animated movies from Japan that normalfaggots can kind of enjoy. and have decent lists but really it'd be best to hear what you're into. If you're into science-fiction there's some absolutely incredible stuff that you have to see, but if you aren't it might not do anything for you.

I liked Shinkai's 5 centimeter/second, thought Voices of a Distant Star was ok but didn't like Lost Voices and Placed Promised. Although his new movie is apparently really good, so there's that to look forward to once the DVD version is released in a few months.

Macross Plus I found to be ok. It's a spin-off of a super weeb mech series but the movie (or original mini series) doesn't have much of a weeb vibe to it apart from the giant mechs. The main characters aren't blithering retards who fall on breasts and such.

A lot of people praise The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya as being a masterpiece. Don't be fooled by this though: first you need to watch the absolutely horrible TV series to understand the movie and the movie is decent at best. If someone recommends you that movie as being anything other than pure weeaboo trash, ignore their opinion.

Time of Eve is pretty good if you can stomach the main character and his buddy who give off strong weeaboo vibes. But outside of those two characters, this is a solid and enjoyable movie.

a lot of Ghibli is pretty accessible, so dopes that think anime is "weird" or "solely for children" can sit down and enjoy without feeling like they've strayed too far from their own taste in film. I wouldn't call it "normie anime" but Ghibli is one of the only non-american animation studios that normies are able to watch unashamed.

take this user's suggestions, there's a lot of great stuff from the studio you've yet to see

Anime thread not mentioning shinseki Evangelion? Casuals

Miyazaki Ghibli films are entry level normie shit. They're alright but there are far better shit out there that actually has decent animation on top of it instead of being nothing but pretty watercolored backgrounds with low detail, low frame rate, and minimal to no shading characters and objects standing out.

They're essentially the Legend of Zelda of anime. Any pleb that tells you they live anime usually only list Ghibli films.

>Evangelion
>Not casual

That's the sort of shit some nerd pretending he knows more than he let's on spits out.

There's barely any actual horror anime. A lot of stuff with monster antagonists, but not much that tries to be scary.

literally top 5 entry level anime

Studio Ghibli is not fucking anime. They're fucking movies

Are you retarded?

jesus christ what the fuck is wrong with you

Try Honneamise, Patlabors 1 and 2, Beautiful Dreamer, Only You, Angel's Egg, Windaria, Genmu Senki Leda, To Terra..., Phoenix 2772, Megazone 23, Crusher Joe, Dirty Pair, and Venus Wars.