Ask a funeral director anything

Ask a funeral director anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KnObMUtTW1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what is best in life ?

To live it... Too many people die too fucking early.

What kind of question is that?

Can you forget about work when you're at home? Or do sights, some people stay with you?

Have you ever molested the dead bodies?

Don't you guys have to work all hours, aren't you always on call? Do you get calls from the police or coroner to collect a body at 3am?

are you Adrien Brody?

I can forget about it yes. It does not bother me. Sometimes I feel sad for the family left behind. But it does not keep me awake at night !

Nope. Not yet !

Do you find your work fulfilling? How has it affected your feelings about your own death?

I’m on call as we speak. Been called out 4 times in the last 2 days. Finish call outs on Friday morning. I also work full time in the day. I have worked for the coroners and the police. Suicides. Car crashes. Murders.. All the ‘untimely deaths’

Very fulfilling. It’s the last event you can ever do for that person. Only get one chance. Unlike a wedding. So it’s got to be perfect. Highly recommend it. - I look at people and thing “where the fuck have you gone” it scared me a little. But it’s something we all must undertake. I am in no way religious

Sorry. Typos. Auto correct on crappy iPhone.

But you've thought about it....right?

I’ve seen enough nasty things. Smells. Maggots. Mould. Sick. Shit. Piss. Enough to put you off a living person. Let alone a dead one !!!!! So no. Never have I thought of that.

Do you snap necks back in place for the funeral ?

youtu.be/KnObMUtTW1Q

What's the most revolting thing you've seen on the job.

Can be smells or sights.

What do you do different when it's a kid? I can't imagine how awful the death of a child must be to the family. When grandpa goes, it's sad... But when it's your little boy or girl it's a tragedy.

No need to do that. As long as they look normal in a shirt then I don’t need to do it.

Hmmmmm. See I like the nasty stuff. ... but picked up a guy that had been dead for a few days in summer. I could smell him 3 streets away as we were arriving to the house.

what do you usually do when there are no remains? What happens if a person requests their body be donated to science?

What’s the worst death you have seen?

Have you had to deal with any particularly messy dead bodies? I'm talking about like shotgun blast to the face messy

how can i get a job in the funeral industry? (femon btw)

We first off I don’t have kids. So that’s a bonus. Death of children varies depending on culture. A death of an elder might shut down the whole village as it’s the vast amount of knowledge that’s been lost.... depends how you look at it.. but children, normally cancer or something along those lines. I’ve put kids on their own beds for family to view as they didn’t want to see them in the coffin.

No remains? As in how? Medical science has to be agreed by the donor (deceased) before they die. They then just get sent away. They sign a disclosure that on some cases the funeral might not be for 25 years.

Ask you funeral director. Help out for free. Get put on the call out list. I started at 15.

Guy fell into a giant industrial cardboard shredder.

Farmers killing thrmselves. Yes.

Was he buried in a cardboard box?

Has it made you more wise as a person?

Interesting perspective on the death of elderly, thanks for sharing.

When the deceased has no family and no apparent religious affiliation, what does the funeral consist of?

Being a non religious person, do you view the traditional desire to be buried with honor as relevant?

How expensive is your shovel?

If someone is say lost at sea, or a cold case kidnapping/murder

Haha. . - I can’t remember.

No. Just makes me wear my seatbelt more often !

No family. Then the government pays. Normally straight to the crematorium and service taken by a hospital chaplain. Ashes are scattered. .. I know what I want for my funeral. The one thing I’m sure of in my life and I’m not even going to see it.

You are getting me confused with a grave digger.

Someone told me that eyeballs can shrivel (????) and often you guys have to put a filler or plastic cap under the eyelid so the face looks normal. Is this true or was he bullshitting me?

Eye caps. Eyes are under pressure and that gives them the roundness. Heart stops. So does the blood flow. They don’t shrivel. They just go flat. Looks unnatural. So. It’s true.

Wow. Mind blown.

Do bodies make noises or is that a myth?

When you lift them then air can come out the lungs. They can make a morning sound.

Would you play cute anime music at a funeral?

Why is my job so much more metal than yours? (gravedigger/crematory operator) Industry jokes aside, what's the weirdest request you've ever had? Because I've seen some fucking weird services.