PHM confirmed for most underrated album. Holy fuck this is a gem. Just hearing the whole discography for the first time

PHM confirmed for most underrated album. Holy fuck this is a gem. Just hearing the whole discography for the first time.

It's so multilayered and well produced

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xLPcE-5YWKI
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ek6jL4zF4c
youtube.com/watch?v=UR26Fo1972c
youtube.com/watch?v=5gV8yQc0m7g
youtube.com/watch?v=uTP-FmM-tRk
youtube.com/watch?v=GjsS5aytQck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pretty hate machine is great. I love the song head like a hole

a few of the songs are pretty bad but on the whole it has no right to be as good as it is with those awful lyrics

what are you talking about it's my favorite NIN

>Lyrics
Can this meme pls stop? Great lyrics are good don't get me wrong, but who tf cares when the music is al dente

OP here

It is. It fucking is

this, thank you. david byrne (who wrote some of my personal fav lyrics ever) even said something to this effect.

more bands should use trans-lexical glossolalia in their music. kinda like some syd barrett songs seem to and cocteau twins have done.

GET DOWN MAKE LOVE

I love that song.

Never heard moaning so good produced into an enjoyable mix

It's just Depeche Mode for edgelords

now listen to Ministry and Skinny Puppy to see where all the ideas came from

yeah pretty much, I wish industrial people would just admit this

Don't forget Gary Numan and Killing Joke

lmao this is true
but why is that a bad thing Depeche Mode are great..

holy fuck like welcome to the 90s bruh

youtube.com/watch?v=xLPcE-5YWKI

wow queen youre so beautiful

wtf i love trent reznor now

WHILE DEVIL WANTS TO FUCK ME AT THE BACK OF HIS CAR

agreed, but if this is the case there is no excuse for bad lyrics. Instead of writing bad lyrics that make sense just write bad lyrics that make no sense so no one can tell they're bad. Morphine is a good example of what not to do, listen to this song: youtube.com/watch?v=_Ek6jL4zF4c
These lyrics are absolutely trash and unfortunately they are so straight forward that the listener is forced to accept and listen to how trash they are. It really detracts from what could otherwise be a good song.

I'm a big advocate for not bothering to write meaningful lyrics if you have nothing to say but you better not try to say something instead because it will usually turn out retarded

god Damn nice post man Up voted

nah I'd rather hear a literal story then a thesaurus word soup

My point is that it better not be a shitty story then. It isn't hard to write a story that isn't shit but if you really can't do that than you might as well throw together a bunch of random words and call it a day

that song above is pretty boring the delivery kills it I love being impressed by what a singer was willing to put into a song though

I WAS UP ABOVE IT
NOW IM DOWN IN IT

DELET THIS NOW

Have you tried Purest Feeling?

youtube.com/watch?v=UR26Fo1972c

hmmmm

the power of depeche mode

youtube.com/watch?v=5gV8yQc0m7g

>"My first forays into songwriting were insincere and shitty, because it was me posturing. I like the Clash, so let me write some half-assed political songs that I don't believe in, because it's fashionable... I didn't really find my own voice until I realized I'd been keeping a journal of embarrassing shit. It was filled with things that I felt like I had to get out of my head because I felt like I was losing my mind. Lots of angry feelings. I started to realize that a lot of that writing could work as lyrics. I wondered what would happen if I matched them up with music.

>Anyway, I fucked around on my own and a couple tracks came up and I finally had the courage to play them for my friend, who wound up being the manager of Nine Inch Nails later on. I handed him a cassette tape and had to literally run away. He called me up later and said, "If you want to do anything with this, I'd love to be a part of it.

>I think that inspiration was enough to—under the comfort of thinking it was never going to be successful and no one was going to want to hear it—say, OK, I guess I could really try this. That was what started the path of Pretty Hate Machine."

Broken got the rustled the morality authorities hard as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=uTP-FmM-tRk

Don't forget Gary Numan

crazy how both of those aritsts are bad and NIN is good

wrong video here it is

youtube.com/watch?v=GjsS5aytQck

>TFW you had that perfect summer night
T-thank you tront

Uncle Sleazy was the best at pissing off Christian moms

Gary just done an interview for a local web recently and they're still friends. He was telling about how they always see each other at their kids birthday parties and how they laugh about the big bad rebellious rockers standing around telling their kids not to run or steal extra cake.

what. early skinny puppy is great.

even if you don't like his music, reznor's story is pretty inspirational