Is the Balkan diet healthy?

Is the Balkan diet healthy?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QDCsNPkUbCY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=U-EQJA8Ahac
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smažený_sýr
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman–Mamluk_War_(1516–17)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Balkan food isn't all bureks and čevapi. Google bosanski lonac, đuveć, sataraš, paprikaš for some more wholesome dishes.

all are Turkish btw.

nice turkish food

But not all Turkish dishes are also Balkanic. I saw some pretty weird stuff in Turkey, like potaotes stuffed with red cabbage, offal kebab, pide (shudder), weird (offal?) soups with lemon, and a dish that consists of a dollop of mashed potatoes balanced on top a meatball.

don't know if healthy

looks pleb tho

You guys are aware that none of the dishes ITT are Slovenian, right? I just happen to like Balkan cuisine cause this city's full of Serbian restaurants and Albanian burek shops.

*ottoman
why do the turks pretend that anything that existed in the ottoman empire was automatically turkish? fuck off

slavs were poor yokels. you all had to eat potatoes before the ottomans came and provided meat in your poor diet.

one does have to remember that being a turk was synonymous with being poor, uneducated and dirty peasant in the ottoman empire. it was a legitimate insult to call a member of the ottoman court a turk until the end of the 19th century. if anything, balkans civilized the ottomans, turning the confederation of horse riding milk drinkers into a proper, centralized state.

Senpai... I'm PRETTY sure you invaded them before they got potatoes.

the turks ruled over the slavs for more than 500 years. they demolished your primitive huts and built mosques. since the ottomans are gone, serbia became a village.

What's the name of that fried cheese?

?? did you think i was joking

the turks ruled my dick, it was the multicultural elite of the empire that resented being connected in any way with the turks. nevermind the fact that the most powerful family of viziers in the empire were serbs (sokolović).

ottoman central serbia had some 25.000 people. now it has more than 4.000.000. the ottoman-ruled areas are also the most backward ones, while dubrovnik, who kept serbian medieval heritage, was the cultural centre of whole western balkans and often had to help ottomans in various fields, even though it had no more than 3.000 people

how can you claim a race who enslaved you, stole your children while you sit and watch them, and use them against their enemies as cannon fodders are inferior to your poor grand-grandfathers? sokullu was another devshirme who had fullfilled his blood oath to the great empire. look at your country's gdp. your country is worse than egypt now.

Servs and Turks FIGHT

no my friend the fight is over. i'm merely putting forward the facts. nothing more, nothing less.

>how can you claim a race who enslaved you
what race? the ottoman elite was hardly turkish, adopting greeks (kose mihal), serbs (konstantin mihailović), other europeans (evremos) in their lines, precisely because the turks were unable to rule over themselves. the turks were simple peasants who made govec at the same time the non-turks built the empire.

>stole your children while you sit and watch them
the devsirme, for most of its existence, occured in caucasian, albanian and arabic parts of the empire. the last two devsirmes (1650 and 1750) brought more muslims than christians

>and use them against their enemies as cannon fodders are inferior to your poor grand-grandfathers
while this sentence doesn't make sense, the kapu kulu troops, and especially jannisaries, were the elite troops of the empire. the turks served as cannon fodders, therefore sekban rebellions appeared throughout whole anatolia, because the turks who were incapable of serious warfare got decimated by europeans.

>sokullu was another devshirme who had fullfilled his blood oath to the great empire.
there was no such thing as the blood oath in the empire, it is in stark opposition with sharia in the first place. there is no strong evidence that sokollu was collected in the devshirme in the first place.

>look at your country's gdp. your country is worse than egypt now.
what both serbia and egypt have in common is their ottoman heritage. wherever the ottomans laid foot, there is no more proper civilization.

>slavs
>slaves

>serbs
>serfs

am I onto something?

Round 2 FIGHT
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QDCsNPkUbCY

What fried cheese?

Truth be told, we have adopted some Balkan dishes like čevapi (essential for picnics), sataraš and filane paprike (bell pepper dolme).

Balkan cuisine is infectious like that. Even places as far flung as Belarus and Germany have a Balkan/Turkish dish (sarma) as stock dishes.

1st balkan war was extremely amusing, what happened to those 115k captures turks?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=U-EQJA8Ahac

turks were unable to rule over themselves yet they managed to sweep through the steppes and destroyed the persians, arabs, greeks, armenians.

arabic devshirme? do you even know what devshirme means? you have to be a kuffar to be taken into the devshirme. arabs were obviously Muslim and were willing to fight for the empire anyways.

sekbans were merely a cheap guard units. they did not participate in any major campaigns. their main role was to crush any possible rebellions.

sokullu was indeed a devshirme. that's why he was a muslim lol.

you believe your peasant forefathers were also in the great horde when my great forefathers rode into anatolia and decimated all of the inferior races? are you really that naive?

Found it. Apparently it's Czech, though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smažený_sýr

Yeah, we eat that too, but there's no particular type of cheese that's specified for frying.

>turks were unable to rule over themselves yet they managed to sweep through the steppes and destroyed the persians, arabs, greeks, armenians.
they managed to destroy the empires by zergrushing (and got wrecked many times by other zergrushers), but were unable to establish lasting regime unless they kept local institutions and notables of local nations intact. the ottomans therefore had basically 0 traditional institutions, all of them stemming from either byzantine, arabic or persian sources.

>arabic devshirme? do you even know what devshirme means? you have to be a kuffar to be taken into the devshirme. arabs were obviously Muslim and were willing to fight for the empire anyways.
in theory (and kuffar is plural you illiterate mongol).

> However, Bosnian Muslims were also recruited and sent directly to serve), under groups called potor
>The devshirme system declined in the 16th and 17th centuries due to a number of factors, including the inclusion of free Muslims in the system. After 1568 the "boy harvest" was only occasionally made. In 1632 the Janissaries attempted an unsuccessful coup against Murad IV, who then imposed a loyalty oath on them. In 1638[62] or 1648 the devshirme-based recruiting system of the Janissary corps formally came to an end

>sekbans were merely a cheap guard units. they did not participate in any major campaigns. their main role was to crush any possible rebellions.
> The term sekban initially referred to irregular units, particularly those without guns, but ultimately it came to refer to any army outside the regular military

>sokullu was indeed a devshirme. that's why he was a muslim lol.
there was no devshirme in bosnia during 1516

>you believe your peasant forefathers were also in the great horde when my great forefathers rode into anatolia and decimated all of the inferior races? are you really that naive?
your forefathers probably praid to god in the local church not to be conquered by the turks

> soups with lemon
we have it too

all you did there was confirming what I said before. what you can't understand my friend is that your puny nation crumbled before the might of the ottoman empire.

and then sent it back to the state of non-return, what's even your point?

Why did turks go into Europe?
It sealed their fate.

because they aimed to conquer more developed areas. and they had proper casus belli, as fighting between muslims was frowned upon (not that they cared later)

Turks fought persians and muslins all the time.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman–Mamluk_War_(1516–17)

Did the Ottoman Turkish court consider itself ethnically Arabic? Did they snack on lizards while holding audiences with filthy inferior kaffirs?

Ottoman Turkish is practically Arabic/persian

they didn't consider themselves to be of any real ethnicity, they considered themselves leaders of dar al-islam. but calling them arabs/persians surely had less repercussions

>Ottomans the ethnic term Turk was little used, and then chiefly in a rather derogatory sense, to designate the Turcoman nomads or, later, the ignorant and uncouth Turkish-speaking peasants of the Anatolian villages

>In the words of a British observer of the Ottoman values and institutions at the start of the twentieth century: "The surest way to insult an Ottoman gentleman is to call him a 'Turk'. His face will straightway wear the expression a Londoner's assumes, when he hears himself frankly styled a Cockney. He is no Turk, no savage, he will assure you, but an Ottoman subject of the Sultan, by no means to be confounded with certain barbarians styled Turcomans, and from whom indeed, on the male side, he may possibly be descended