ITT: Bands that you enjoy but are generally made fun of

>ITT: Bands that you enjoy but are generally made fun of

I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1yQ_grujECk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I liked them when I was 16.

Thank God I dropped them as the years went on.

I'm 20 and just started listening to them seriously, I know Sup Forums doesn't like them.

Iowa is a pretty good album. Outside of that they're pretty shite

>My Chemical Romance
>Avenged Sevenfold
>Hollywood Undead

and many other bands I should've grown out of

>you didn't get the chance to see Slipknot in their prime during the height of your teenage angst years

I honestly feel like I missed out on an incredible experience.

Saw them twice at Download

2013 was mainly just Corey yelling at the crowd to stop pushing. 2015 was better though

That's a festival two decades after their prime.
I'm talking about them headlining an arena tour in the late 90s and just losing your shit to Pulse of the Maggots.

i have dishonored my famiry

Does anyone outside of 1 chart in the metal general make fun of Vektor? I think not.

That's what I mean. 2013 was bland as fuck

WtF and City of Evil are still great but I can't say the same for the rest of Avenged Sevenfold's stuff. MCR is still good as well, but Hollywood Undead blows.

Smash Mouth is a good pop rock band IMO

my friend got mad at me for liking them because they would say swears

It's not even the band, just that one album.

U2

They've got some legitimately great material, but Bono's antics make them get trashed on immediately whenever they do anything.

>yelling at the crowd to stop pushing

Where the fuck is all this anti-mosh crap coming from? It's like somebody took the Euronymous joke seriously.

pretty much everyone in /metal/ takes the piss out of terminal redux. the band is irrelevant but the album is premium meme

The Fratellis

Me and the Devil is really good
youtube.com/watch?v=1yQ_grujECk

There's a lot of good nu-metal if you can successfully divorce the music from its meme status and audience. Mostly the early material of the best bands. Korn, Slip, Deftones, SOAD. First Korn record in particular. That's the real thing, even though that sound would subsequently be raped to death.

Fush Yu Mang is a fucking great Punk/Ska album