This is shit

This is shit.

yeah, pretty bad thread familia.

0/10

Imagine having to work with Refn.

Like half the movie takes place in her dingy hotel room or the hotel, but it's broken up by her leaving and doing other shit, and he films his kinos chronologically because Cassavetes did it.

So when you could shoot a good portion of the movie at once, you have to keep striking the set over his bullshit paranoia.

>and he films his kinos chronologically because Cassavetes did it.
No, he films in order because he has autism.

u r kinopleb

No, you are!

literally just finished it and thought it was beautifully shot and genuinely creepy

>best movie of 2016
>shit

>has a few stylish shots and necrophilia
>GOAT
kys, my man

I don't understand why so many people hate this kino. I can understand thinking it "average", but it seems to really piss a lot of people off. Did refn piss off the illuminati or something?

I think most here don't hate it. It's just ok. Now if you talking about critics then they are fickle, precious snowflakes.

I don't get the hate for it.
You didn't like it? Fine.

But why hate it? It's not anti-climactic like Only God Forgives. For all it's stylized, Giallo influence there's a point of view on the world, a insight into female psychology and a segment of society that albeit hyperbolically presented isn't too far from the truth.

It's not like it pretends to be something it's not.
It's not loaded with bullshit semiotics, it dramatizes their ideas rather than expecting you to decode a cypher.

It's far below average. Terrible dialogue and acting with the visual instinct of an amateur film student. Cute score, I guess.

>there's a point of view on the world
A reactionary teenager point of view, yes. Maybe read some literature, then you won't be so bowled over whenever a film has anything on its mind.

>Maybe read some literature
Maybe you should because your post contains zero arguments.

Read it again. Maybe sound out each syllable until they hit you, friend.

Watched it while drunk and could only get about 20 minutes because it was so bad. I guess I'll give it another shot sometime just to get it over with.

>it's bad
>dialogue is bad
>acting is bad
>score is alright
>it's childish (implication being that it's bad)
>read more books
Your review is just made up of blurbs.

what kind of camera is that?

"Are you food? Or sex?"
No this dialogue is not bad it is good
I like when actors read lines as though they're rehearsing
I like when things are childish because that's all I can handle
I hate books

Also how much detail am I meant to go into towards a mong who thinks people can't hate a film so long as it has "a point of view", thinks Food or Sex is female insight (because you have the mental age of Refn), and touts something as being not :too far from the truth" regarding an industry they have no involvement in.

It's basically Black Swan from Mila Kunis characters pov

it's not a camera. he's just looking through the lenses to get an idea of what the shot will be like

I was thinking that.

I saw a review suggesting is it was mansplaining the fashion industry. Is that what it was? The trump like dude in the restaurant saying that women are worth nothing more than their attractiveness - misogyny, or a comment on misogyny? Jesse's bf, the good guy, representing the audience getting upset by that and walking out. Fine, but what was refn getting at with those surreal scenes that followed?

u r shit

"mansplaining the fashion industry"

hah. that's funny

I think it was just terribly cliche. The fresh-off-the-bus underage model told she has a real future by some slimeball who thinks molestation will get the best shot. The boyfriend who's with her because she's pretty and jealous that actual powerful people think the same. The jealous rival, the overly friendly friend, the ditzy side characters - seen it all before.

The only part of the movie with a shred of originality is the ritual, and it comes out of nowhere, right after the sweet innocent girl suddenly decides she's a goddess.

No amount of fancy wallpaper shots and random neon triangles can make up for the paper thin plot. I'm not saying it's a bad watch, but it's hardly a MOTY in any recent year. Thirty years ago maybe, but not now.

>right after the sweet innocent girl suddenly decides she's a goddess.

She was innocent, but not sweet. She didn't suddenly decide she was a goddess. She revealed the truth about her ambition, her opinion of other models, and the fact that she wasn't as sweet as she seemed to be.

She knows that she's a valuable commodity, and that makes her powerful. But she also knows that she's weak and vulnerable, and so she turns her weakness and vulnerability into an asset, an armor that protects her, and that she uses to exploit her exploiters.

What she fails to realize, though, is that her ideas are not original. Other models have been where she has been. Her competition understand their position just as well as she does. Not everyone is disarmed by beautiful vulnerability.

Some just want to eat it up.

Go back and watch the first half of the movie, knowing that she believes she's a goddess in every scene. Knowing that she believes that she is the one in control. The agent? She thought she was controlling the agent. The photographer? She thought she was controlling the photographer.

Yes it is. So is Drive, OGF and while we are at it Spring Breakers. You like any of these youre a fucking idiot.

>comparing Drive to OGF and Spring Breakers
fucking kys faggot

>posting anime and thinking you have the right to respond to me
They are all equally embryonic and equally go into the garbage.

>mfw I'm posting anime on fucking Sup Forums
>mfw you post the picture of a fucking overrated hack
>mfw you're a faggot

Then don't watch it

You fuckng eunuch

>mfw you make assumptions off a reaction photo like a newfag or literal fag
Which is it? No shit Jackson is trash

No u

>newfag
redditfag detected

>playing the reddit card
literal numale cuck faggotry

>falling for the cuck meme
pic related is you

Yes I'm sure you can continue to quote dialogue without context, visualization or atmosphere. U r so smrt

>thinking I was being literal
Hello autism

What a gay comment

I can't believe you actually responded to me. fucking neckbeards have nothing else to do

Lemme add to that
>cute score, i guess
You're not an attractive film star in a coffee shop filming the next alternative hollywood blockbuster. You're a weirdo taking movies too seriously on Sup Forums; when you say things like this you come off as a gay

he's dyslexic and that's why.