/trans/ - death to academies edition

>Manchester United are in talks with with Inter Milan over a £36m bid for their 28-year-old Croatian midfielder Ivan Perisic. (Sky Sports)

Meanwhile, Chelsea have been told they will have to pay £48m if they want the winger. (Daily Mail)

>Atletico Madrid are interested in re-signing 28-year-old striker Diego Costa from Chelsea this summer.(Independent)

The Spain forward is set to have talks with the Premier League champions over his future.(Daily Telegraph)

>Claude Puel "expects to be sacked" at Southampton and has already held secret talks with French Ligue 1 side Saint-Etienne.(Sun)

Chelsea's departing captain John Terry, 36, has urged the club to invest heavily in the transfer market to compete in the Champions League next season. (Guardian)

>Manager Arsene Wenger will tell the Arsenal board on Tuesday that they should ignore fan opinion and focus on the facts when they consider whether they want him to stay on. (Daily Express)

West Ham have made a bid for Manchester City's £20m-rated striker Kelechi Iheanacho, 20.(Daily Mirror)

>Long-term Manchester United target, 30-year-old midfielder Blaise Matuidi, has refused to commit his future to Paris St-Germain.(Manchester Evening News)

West Ham are reported to be preparing a cash-plus-player offer worth around £25m for 22-year-old Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.(Newcastle Chronicle)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4550778/Nolito-d-like-Spain-m-crazy-leave.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Birmingham City boss Harry Redknapp was at Hampden Park for the Scottish Cup final to check on 29-year-old Aberdeen winger Jonny Hayes.(Birmingham Mail)

Ernesto Valverde, who is set to be announced as Barcelona manager on Monday, is keen to sign 27-year-old Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera. (As.com - in Spanish)

>Monaco left-back Benjamin Mendy, 22, is set to enter negotiations with Manchester City about a move to Pep Guardiola's side. (SFR - in French)

And City are confident of beating rivals Manchester United to a second Monaco signing after their deal for Bernardo Silva. (Daily Express)

>West Ham have made a bid for Manchester City's £20m-rated striker Kelechi Iheanacho, 20

>£20mill for a kid who has scored a couple of tap ins over 3 seasons

TODAYS MATCH
CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY OFF FINAL
Huddersfield Town v Reading KO 3pm

>Sky Sports News HQ @SkySportsNewsHQ 9m
>BREAKING: Benfica goalkeeper Ederson due in Manchester today for talks ahead of Man City medical on Tuesday, Sky sources understand #SSNHQ

>and has already held secret talks with French Ligue 1 side Saint-Etienne
Apparently they're more interested in Fabio Celestini. Though I guess they'd have to buy him out of his contract.

>£44m - Bernardo Silva
>£35m - Ederson
>£40m - Mendy
Is Pep going nuts? Only Mendy is most likely to do well in the prem.

>+4 GD Championship Team vs. -2 GD Championship Team

"Winner" will clinch a return trip by the end of March

>underestimating the Hef
baka

you now remember city spent 180m net last summer (nolito, bravo, jesus, sane, gundogan, stones, ruli, marlos moreno)

And 150m net the previous season (otamendi, de bruin, etc)

it's going to be hilarious if they spend as much (probably more since they still need defenders and wingbacks) this season

like I said, foreign mega owners should be outlawed

>Reading
Maybe the overall worst premiership team ever
>Huddersfield
Literal whos from a literal who town that would become the worst premiership team ever

All of this and Brighton are coming up as well. RIP Premier League

how are they not violating financial fair play rules?

They'll probably get some chinks to buy Joe Hart or Yaya for 100billion to get out of it

they're a money laundering scheme for illegal off OPEC oil sales. Just like Etihad Airlines and other loss making vehicles.

dodgy business deals
>Melbourne City pay them 'intellectual licence'
>NYC FC pay them 'intellectual licence'
>Man City Womens Team pay them 'intellectual licence'
>Eithad stadium naming rights (same owner as club)
>Etihad shirt sponsoring rights

>Rulli
I had forgotten about that. Why did they even let him go for like 1m profit without even trying him out when the need for a GK was obvious?

Bernardo Silva is really good

like really fucking good

That as it may be, their midfield wasn't an issue.

they are, they just pay the fine

I don't know the specifics but I remember reading that clubs can trick the system with sponsor deals and infrastructure investment (academies, training grounds, etc)

considering the owner of city is practically their sponsor too I guess the trick is pumping in money through sponsor contracts. Not sure how infrastructure investment fits in the equation, maybe they increase the transfer cap as long as you keep investing or some shit, really don't know

also, no club owner should be allowed to own a second or more clubs

they increased capacity of stadium and claim it sells 95%+ of tickets every match...

It probably does, the owners probably have a few hundred season tickets and buy the rest of the tickets on game day when no one shows up

Reminder that the FFP exist to protect the clubs that could spend big when it was introduced and to protect the status quo of the moment, and was NEVER about stopping City from spending big.
This is without talking about the politics side of the situation, with the Arabs being the current big market for UEFA/FIFA.

before it was funny, but city now is genuinely buying good players.

Clever accounting.

For example clubs rarely pay the entire transfer total at once and instead they them across multiple years. Like 50 million transfer paid across 4 years would only count for 12,5 mill towards the financial fair play rules each year.

>Man City on 100M before anyone else even got off the gate

single team billion transfer window when
single player billion transfer fee when

Any updates on the Javi Martinez situation?

More like stockpiling players in positions they already have covered.

>Silva won't play 60 matches a season forever
>New Silva is actually more talented
>GK was definitely not covered
if they keep this going, there's cause for concern

Will Shanta Ronaldo be the first 1 billion pound player?

>get beaten by monaco in the cl
>Buy all their players

Hmmm. Is this the genius of pep?

is perisic good or just a meme?

>get beaten by Monaco in the cl
>buy all their players
>make them pass sideways for 80 minutes
>concede
>blame ref and sperg out at interviewers

This is the genius of poop

Bit of both desu

>Pep is crazy, I am ready to leave
What did Nolito mean by this?
dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4550778/Nolito-d-like-Spain-m-crazy-leave.html

Exactly what I was thinking. Mental.

Forgot this guy existed desu

>FFP exist to protect the clubs that could spend big
it was also done so clubs, usually smaller ones with new owners, didn't sign players they couldn't afford with wages they weren't going to pay. They would compete a season playing these new players above their club means while the matter was being resolved legally, something that was happening with malaga, iirc, who made cl semis while not paying wages or transfers of some of their players

this is not what city is doing, they are paying everything upfront

psg and other clubs did it a couple years ago with 'loan with obligation to buy next season' type of contracts, which should also be outlawed

Is £36m on 28 y/o Perisic really that bad when City are about to drop £50m on a 27 y/o Walker and Chelsea spent £36m on a 29 y/o Luiz last year

You lads and Pep weren't kidding.

Sup Forums
>Pep doesn't know what he's doing
Reporters
>What do you think you need in this window?
Pep
>More attackers
And the madman is actually signing more attacking players.

>Chelsea didn't bother with a Young Player of the Year award at their end of season awards.
Top kek
>C-Conte will be applying the youth next season la'

Perisic always looks good but never blows me away. At least they're spending "normal" money on decent players to bolster this time.

I used to support United but don't anymore, so couldn't really care if that shit eater wastes all his transfer budget again anyway.

when pep revolutionizes footy yet again by playing two strikers as central defenders you'll see his genius

He plans to win every game 7-6.

It's not terrible, it's just that his price should be closer to ~£25m and PL teams are paying extra as always.

>£50m on a 27 y/o Walker
This kind of makes sense, fills the English player quota, is one of the best RBs in the league and there's a shortage of good full backs in the market in general.

>£36m on a 29 y/o Luiz
You can't say it didn't pay off, he played almost every game, he wasn't bad and he was bought back for less than what he was sold for.

I hope so. I mean, I really like watching City sometimes. They look really nice on the ball really often. The man just seems utterly clueless though. How can he possibly not make a CB a priority? His backup is John fucking Stones.

Walker is from another English club. It adds so much value to harm your most direct competitors.

he's Barcelona through and through. Barca still haven't replaced Puyol. They just fucking hate defenders in general

>£50m on a 27 y/o Walker
i-is this real?

Walker really isn't that good lads

Sure, the prices of players have jumped yet again. 30 million for a starter is now a bargin for the big clubs.

>>Manager Arsene Wenger will tell the Arsenal board on Tuesday that they should ignore fan opinion and focus on the facts when they consider whether they want him to stay on. (Daily Express)
The fact that he gave away the title to Lester last season and finished out of top 4 this season? Gramps' suicidal.
>Monaco left-back Benjamin Mendy, 22, is set to enter negotiations with Manchester City about a move to Pep Guardiola's side. (SFR - in French)
>And City are confident of beating rivals Manchester United to a second Monaco signing after their deal for Bernardo Silva. (Daily Express)
They're getting the wrong Monaco players!

UEFA should really do something about it. Seriously.

this desu, just le generic pacy english black lad moved back ever so slightly, if they don't have anyone to cover him when he's up the picth with le pacy english jemaican terrible haircut black lad they'll be twice as fucked.

He's the best RB in this crappy leauge along with Poop wanting more English players to work with. Makes total sense.

How many RBs better than Walker that are up for sale can you name? Also keep in mind that City need more than one now that Zabaleta, Sagna and even Navas left.

btw uefa/fifa get a small percentage of every transfer made, so the more inflated transfers are the more money they make. And the more a club spends, the more they give to uefa/fifa

don't expect any market regulations soon

Ederson is 1000x better than Bravo. Plus he is super young. A GK that wins games. Wish he would stay in Benfica forever.

t. jorge mendes

How would you compare his season with Oblak last year in Benfica? Better, worse, same level?

Just checked Kyles instagram, he's on holiday in Greece, coincidence?

Spurs set a precedent by buying the likes of soldado and lamela for 30m

Now they reap the rewards

Thanks

#woke

Not sure about Mendy. He's been like a totally different person in monaco than in marseille. Also this guy is all over the place in the locker room.

Bernardo is really fucking good but not used to getting charged every 30 seconds like he'll be in EPL. Hope he doesn't get injured.

Reminder to ignore 190kg faggot

we've had some fun, but after Leicester won the league, all the mega rich plastic clubs have decided to stop messing about and just spend stupid money until they win by default

it's not fun anymore, what's the fucking point anymore lads when poop can cover up how shit he is by spunking over £100m a week after the league finishes

can't stand city, chelsea and united, they want football to be boring as fuck just so long as they win and get their chink fans to buy shirts

It doesn't make a difference if they all do it. I like having the chance to see some of the best players in the world play regularly though, so I'm all for it.

I've got no problems as long as they play attractive football ie. not United.

Obviously lad, top tier football is done, I just watch the lads down the park now.

>Claude Puel "expects to be sacked" at Southampton and has already held secret talks with French Ligue 1 side Saint-Etienne.(Sun)

YES

THANK YOU GOD

>next manager is even worse and >we get relegated

They're idiots, the fact David Silva is still their best player shows how poor signings have been in the past. They're the type who claim Aguero is top 3 in the world which shows they don't watch at all
I want to know if this Ederson is any good, saw the goal he conceded off a corner a few days ago

I unironically enjoy the 4CC more than the average real footy game. I might have to start watching lower league football just to get the spark back

>They're the type who claim Aguero is top 3 in the world
is that why they've all but shown him the door

>if they all do it

it's three clubs, one of which is managed by shithouse '10 men in your own penalty box' Jose, and Chelsea have never cared about good football.

it's going to end up as boring as the current NBA, except it'll probably last longer.

I'm talking about the average poster on this chink site, Hristo

yeah, he's a fucking threat to your own team in set pieces or whenever he decides to leave the goal. might be funny to see him in the Premier. but he's God-like at stopping

Next season will be hilarious, Poop is going to fail yet again in a league with more than one title rival. It's just not in his blood to have real competition.

it's unfair to include chelsea in the current spending craze.

While abramovic has spent big in the past, he's also been very conscious about money and adding up the last three seasons they have spent 20m net

Yes, that figure is correct, chelsea have spent 20m net in the last three seasons

>Yes, that figure is correct, chelsea have spent 20m net in the last three seasons
Becuase they just so conviently have been the biggest target for Chinese clubs willing to pay three times the price for players. Gee I wonder if that shady Russian owner has anything to do with it.

>net spend meme
go away Moh

>buy $250M worth of players and win a load of trophies with them
>sell them on to China or whatever for a very small loss or even a gain
>"see, we barely spent anything, we're not a money club"

>le make dodgy deals to sell shit players to China team

yeah, that figure isn't honest

>le money laundering mobster

Don't try and tell me that £60m for Oscar is legitimate in any way.

if he parked the bus and played like mou does he would have more draws but he doesnt want to play like that and im glad. fuck off with your disgusting boring football

sorry if it hurts your feelings, but chelsea have done great in the transfer windows

nothing forbids other clubs to sell their trash to china to keep their books in balance, and it's a very smart move

Not even a Inter fan but selling Perisic would be stupid, he is one of the few decent players in team.

>implying setting up a team to defend well is not a skill
he just doesn't know how

it's only a skill if your team is shit and facing superior opposition. Anyone can park the bus with $35M defenders

its not.having eight players sitting back to counter is for desperate low tier clubs who have no other option

He wants to leave, and how can you blame him.
I think it's bad for them too but i'm sure they'll gett good money from United to buy a suitible substitution

Still not enough. Their revenue is at least £100m/season less than Man Utd and they still spend more.

For me it's Tammy.

Good. Maybe plastics like you will fuck off then.

Noones feelings are hurt you just have to call out bullshit when Chelsea foreign bandwagoners get too delusional.

It's quite clearly a money laundering scheme though

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the whole Chinese league is rigged by a handful of criminals

>spending £40m on a shit goalkeeper
>already giving up on the shit goalkeeper he paid £20m for last summer
>selling City's only academy prospect to West Ham

What the fuck is his problem?

Is batshuayi any good lads, barely seen him play

had a breakdown after winning fewer trophies than coventry city did this season

If we get another full episode of autistic Coop I'm gonna be pissed.

Because he defends by having as much possession as possible/pressing the ball high and quickly which keeps it as far away from his goal as possible. After all, what really are tackles?

Perisic would be a solid signing, he can play on the right or left wing

>50 million for a keeper
based jorge