You contrarian faggots won't admit this because it's so popular, but Stairway to Heaven is legitimately their best song

You contrarian faggots won't admit this because it's so popular, but Stairway to Heaven is legitimately their best song.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwiTs60VoTM
youtube.com/watch?v=LdEK8ghRBIo
youtube.com/watch?v=epX8Th4aiMc&list=RDMMepX8Th4aiMc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAiifpkWZfA&index=9&list=PLk1Dt5S_AlcLVcNIrepHPFUKroyViPouq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's their second best, Kashmir is just a little bit better.

Well, Taurus really helped them with it.

You are absolutely correct.

Ramble on

garbage

The only LZ songs that even come close to Stairway to Heaven are Achilles Last Stand, When the Levee Breaks, and The Ocean.

Close, but In My Time of Dying actually is their best

Is a song I never want to hear again really a "good" song, regardless of how I used to feel about it?

led zeppelin is a good band but when the levee breaks is so unbelievably good that it makes all their other music look like shit

Does it matter? Led Zeppelin is overrated anyways.

That’s not When The Levee Breaks

I can't listen to the bridge / solo from Stairway without bursting into laughter. It just seems so ridiculous. In The Evening, on the other hand kicks balls.

These. When the Leevee Breaks stands against the test of time and overplaying.

you just made of fool of yourself by expressing your shitty opinion

I think those songs are better honestly

When The Levee Breaks > The Ocean > No Stairway, Denied > Ramble On

Hey anons can you help me out

In When the Levee Breaks there is this one part that gives me this very specific and powerful feeling that's hard to describe. The way the guitar and the drums come together just feel "powerful" and heroic somehow. It's the part starting at 1:07 and lasting until 1:22 here.

youtube.com/watch?v=uwiTs60VoTM

Now this might seem like a totally different and completely unrelated kind of song, but in Black Quarterback there is a part that gives me the same feeling, it's at the end like around 2:34 the way he says "Black Quarterback" with the drums gives me that same feeling as from the other song.

youtube.com/watch?v=LdEK8ghRBIo

I don't know that much about music but can anybody explain what it is about those two songs or recommend some other songs that give the same feeling?

someone kill this faggot. literally the single best bassline in the history classic rock. you don't know shit user

I can't really find any similarities other than the fact that they are both in the same key.

I usually hate on them around here for being plagiarists but you can't fuck with Kashmir. It's a great song, no plagiarism involved.

Do you get the same heroic, powerful feeling from them that I described though

Since I've been lovin' you has got to be up there

Even when I thought Stairway was the shit I knew When the Levee Breaks was their best.

Not really, but I understand it. I think it's just that it's powerful and primal. With the Death Grips track, it's probably the aggression and some sort of satisfying payoff, while with the Led Zeppelin tracks it's probably the chords, those are some powerful chords (in the context of the key signature).

Why is In the Evening so underrated

Because that album isn't great on the whole so it's a bit overlooked as a track maybe. Fool in the rain similarly, but mainly liked for the drum groove

Ok ok boys I'm making a short list of zep songs better than stairway
>When the Levee Breaks
>Achilles
>Ramble
>The Ocean
>Gallows
>Black Dog
>Babe Im Gonna Leave You (muh plagiarism-Idont want to hear it)
>Going to Califronia
and maybe, just maybe Communication Breakdown

Fool in the Rain was great but Led head hard rock loving retards don't appreciate it.

>Stairway
>Not Heartbreaker

Has there ever been a band more inconsistent in quality than Led Zeppelin? They can be god tier in one song and then go full retard the next song.

The only other one this inconsistent that I can think of is Animal Collective.

>When your best song is a b-side
youtube.com/watch?v=epX8Th4aiMc&list=RDMMepX8Th4aiMc

Isn't even in the top ten Zep songs man
>Dazed and Confused
>Heartbreaker
>Immigrant Song
>When the Levee Breaks
>Over the Hills and Far Away
>No Quarter
>In My Time Of Dying
>Kashmir
>Achilles Last Stand
>Fool in the Rain

They didn't even release their best song
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAiifpkWZfA&index=9&list=PLk1Dt5S_AlcLVcNIrepHPFUKroyViPouq

Oh shit I forgot about this song. Yeah this might actually be their best.

No love for No Quarter?

take some luv m8

No Quarter is very underrated. It has a different feel than the other progressive Zep songs, and it's aged beautifully.

d'yer mak'er is the best zeppelin song
this is my actual opinion

Over the Hills and Far Away desu senpai

>Achilles Last Stand
>Ten Years Gone
>No Quarter
>In the Light
>When the Levee Breaks
>Kashmir
>Since I've Been Loving You

That's not how you spell The Crunge

this

It's alright, but it's nowhere near their best. In fact, not even Robert Plant likes it anymore.
I strongly suspect it's only called their best because any long song with progression through multiple sections is considered the best song of classic rock bands - see also A Day in the Life, Bohemian Rhapsody - even if this is not necessarily the case

I mean, it's one of the greatest by Metal Balloon, but it doesn't feel like the best Metal Balloon song.

its rain song, going to california, when the levee breaks, or Kashmir

my nigga

Comprehensive list of songs better than stairway to heaven:
>Dazed and Confused
>How Many More Times
>Whole Lotta Love
>Thank You
>Since I've Been Loving You
>Tangerine
>When The Levee Breaks
>Rain Song
>In My Time of Dying
>Kashmir
>Ten Years Gone
>I'm Gonna Crawl
>As Long As I Have You

>no Rock and Roll till now

It's the TV live version of Dazed and Confused where Jimmy uses a bow on a Tele and you all goddamn know it

Houses of the Holy is my favorite Zeplin track and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one

this

>Said there ain't no use in crying
>Cause it will only, only drive you mad
>Does it hurt to hear them lying?
>Was this the only world you had? Oh, oh

some of my favorite vocals overall from robert plant in that song.

but i agree with this guy Dazed and Confused live is my favorite.