What is the purpose of apertura clausura system?

what is the purpose of apertura clausura system?

shorter fast paced leagues

Tighter and more close tournament, twice the pressure, and more money. Honestly Eurpoeans need to learn from south america. At least you finally started using the foam spray on the ground

How do Apertura and Clasura work?
Is it like NBA regular season and Playoffs?

Imagine that but twice a year.

Basically turbojews wanting more shekels.

one small tournament at the first semester of the year, another small tournament at the second semester
that's basically it

dont you have that in brasil my amigo?

Nope. It's a year long European-style championship. Plus, the year-long Copa do Brasil and the state championships that usually take place in the first semester, prior to the start of Brasileirão.

Thanks

No, Brazilian League have the same format as Spanish League.
We also have a national cup, but we don't have a Super cup.

Who is the Liga MX champion? Or is it a nonsensical question?

what about paulista, brasileirao and all that jazz

dont best teams from some regions play in a different tournament? it was a bit messy when someone explained it to me the first time

Matias Almeyda helped Chivas win their first in 10 years the the first double since 1995

It's pretty impressive when you realize he helped River and Banfield to promote to first division.

but then you realize he got kicked out of River Plate after ascending since he was losing games which is why he's in Mexico. I don't know whether to rate him or not.

To quote an executive from Colombia's federation:
>"The system makes it so that championships keep fast and fresh, and people keep interested, meaning that audience and revenue will be high"
Literallly "muh shekels, muh ADHD", like murrican sports.

>no one watches that shit

genius

and what do you think about it?
does it really make the competition more interesting?

I will tell you what I think of it, it sucks. Being a champion doesn't have any value, you can have one good streak and win it all. It's a fucking joke.

What's better than having 1 champion a year? Having two champions a year. This way, if a team has a good early season, it gets properly rewarded by it.

Also, beisbol?

In the first semester, we play the state championships. Each has its own set of rules.
"Paulistão" is for the state of São Paulo (home to Corinthians, Palmeiras, São Paulo and Santos), "Carioca" for the Rio state (home of Flamengo, Fluminense, Vasco and Botafogo), and so it goes for all 26 states and the Federal District.

"Brasileirão" is our national championship, which as stated before, it is done in the style of european championships, each team playing each other twice with no playoffs. This usually starts in early May and goes until early December. Old school fans abhor this format and wish that, at least, the playoff system was back. We used it between the late 80's and 2002.

There was a time when the state championships mattered more than the national one, but that changed since the 80's and the intervention of Clube dos 13. Back then, it was a mish-mash of rules that even I couldn't wrap my head around it. 87 was a special case because of two different competitions being touted as the national championship, for instance.

How come a Brazilian doesn't know how his neighbors' leagues work?

We don't even know how this happened yet.

More shekels

Depends between leagues.

In Argentinian League an Apertura or Calusura winner is an Argentinian League Winner/Champion.

In Uruguay an Apertura or Clausura winner only qualify to a semifinal and the annual winner goes directly to the Final. Whoever wins the Final is the Uruguayan League Winner/Champion. (We also now have an intermediate tournament who adds points to the annual total of points for the annual winner)

Why should Brazilians know how other Lat. Am. leagues work?

For example.
Liverpool ap 35pt // int 5pt // cl 20pt = Annual 60pt
Wanderers ap 34pt // int 10pt // cl 32pt = Annual 76pt
Boston ap 30pt // 10pt // 33pt = Annual 73pt

Liverpool and Boston play semifinals, best of 3 games
Whoever win plays against Wanderers, best of 3 games

It's a meme format that rewards not the best team year-round (or season-round) like it should be, but instead gives any flavor of the month team with a short meme streak a legit shot at a title.

hey mexiboos, am i understanding this correctly? you have two short league tournaments a year, each with playoffs. but your cup also runs twice a year?

>the first double since 1995
Nigga, that doesnt mean shit, especially since the best teams dont play Copa MX because they're in Concachampions. Also, Copa MX didn't exist from 1997-2012 from lack of interest.

Yeah, this shit is retarded. TV networks in Mexico decided to have two cup tournaments each year to have midweek games throughout each season. Its even more retarded when you see that Copa MX has a fucking group stage instead of direct knockout like European cups do.

And then there is Copa do Brasil, the national cup, with over 80 teams participating in an elimination tournament. The qualified clubs are the best-ranked teams from each state.