Would you look at that name?

Would you look at that name?

popmatters.com/racializing-rock-the-60s-and-the-white-sounds-of-pet-sounds-2495414567.html

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/HQFwY
nybooks.com/daily/2016/10/26/looking-for-the-beach-boys-fifty-years-later/
youtube.com/watch?v=xRYz4yD8qUk
youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0SnpN_O00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

literally "it's not racist but we'll call it racist anyway": the article.

Oy vey don't point out the name. It'll lead to anudda shoah! Neva forget da 6!

Umm can you not? This is *extremely* problematic in many ways. What does being ethnically Jewish have to do with anti-white rhetoric? Go back to /pol

stop giving them clicks retard

dude did you just insult a jew thats not cool man like remember the holocaust

Has to be bait.

>problematic
if there's a sjw buzzword I hate it's this one

this psot has to be bait

>associating Brian Wilson with racism
What a piece of shit, Brian never hurt anyone

"Having schizophrenia and autism is problematic, desu"

>hasn't listened to the rap song he made

>Friedberg

>Joshua Friedberg
What about the name? It's literally just a European name.

archive.fo/HQFwY

Fuck you user, smart girls is the greatest song ever recorded

liberals have actually gone completely insane

We didn't deserve something as beautiful as Pet Sounds.

(((Friedberg)))

Someone named Joshua Friedbergsteinowitz wants to shit on something as wholesome as the Beach Boys? Imagine my shock!

Yeah and it's always (((Europeans))) with the the suffix Berg or Stein in their names that peddle anti-white rhetoric. Wow what a funny coincidence.

Delete this u fucking Jew hating weirdo

even the title gives away the bullshit

"racializing rock"

literally

"rock didn't have enough racial tension and hatred so I'll try to stir some up"

Jews be raping goy women, but keep pushing Buzzfeed articles on why fidget spinners are "problematic."

Don't make the recent rape/pedophile allegations about powerful Jews. DON'T YOU FUCKING DO IT.

desu it always bothered me how white beach boys were.

Their early records have a lot of toxic masculine attitudes towards women.

Very problematic!

>this is considered normal in burgerland
LMAO
i feel bad for you white people living there, but that's what happens when you're so well economically that you start making bullshit first world problems up to not get bored

t. probably lives in bongistan or some other cucked european country

also it's not considered normal

You'll love this then.

Their best-known hits (say, “California Girls,” “Help Me, Rhonda,” “I Get Around”) are poems of unenlightened straight-male privilege, white privilege, beach privilege.

nybooks.com/daily/2016/10/26/looking-for-the-beach-boys-fifty-years-later/

what the fuck is "beach privilege?"

LMAO imagine living in a European country where Muslims rape and murder women on a minutely basis and you literally can't do anything about it because you surrendered your guns

Jewish propaganda doesn't belong here please take this to Pol or somewhere people care about this shit.

>make guns easily available
>radicalized refugees get guns
>suddenly the truck attacks turn into daily mass shootings
hmmmm makes you think

Lemme guess

(((fellow white)))?

I agree don't want to sound like\
that KKK Neo Nazi Larry David

(Without reading it) Is he saying Pet Sounds racialized rock or he is?

You do realize how irresponsible it is to point things like that out, right? It could lead to another holocaust you fucking dumbass inbred hick.

The truth is more important

too much free thinking itt

>Joshua Friedberg

Keep up the good work, mods!

delete this zog

dude you have legitimate autism to make an oddly specific meme like this

>Excuse me teacher, you forgot to collect the homework

You can blame his father for that shit.

>Mods, delete a thread about music!

>Joshua Friedberg
every
fucking
time

Bro don't be mad because this is about music and even us left leaning people are tired of the Jews constant race baiting bullshit.

didnt pitchfork write some article about indie being too white

it was just a freelance article for the pitch, not one of their editorials

Jesus fucking christ, this amount of bullshit is actually quite impressive, can tell why the guy gets paid for this.

This triggers the Jew.

I get what he is saying tho he's saying Pet Sounds removed a lot of the trad rock and roll black sound of the 50s and replaced it with a very white very baroque classical orchestra lawrence welk sound. Less guitars and doo wop surf shit and more intricate soft lush arrangements for the good christian folk.

That's fucking stupid.

Literally who gives a shit tho?

Nah maybe you're just a brainlet who needs to brush up on the history of rock music and critical theory

I don't. I'm just saying where he is coming from. Could be some racial component in 60s America to it, they wanted to make a traditional pop album to appeal to the masses during the turbulent civil rights era, where black music was considered "Edgy". Remember how they thought Elvis was shocking shaking his hips and shit? Beach Boys were probably looked at the same way by parents. Maybe Brian wanted to kinda move away from the rock direction for mass appeal during that conservative era.

dude they thought pet sounds would sell like shit fkn idiot jesus

>Textbooks like theirs tend to put Elvis Presley and the Beatles over all other artists, which, when ignoring their appropriation of other styles, can be racist because they reinforce the white supremacist domination of whites in styles they did not create.

Because it was outside the Beach Boys traditional sound. Doesn't change part of Brian Wilson and the record label's potential intentions.

Pet Sounds had a bunch of influence from spector r&b girl groups. R&B was...you guessed it black music.

Here’s the thing about genius. Most of the time it comes from a place of pure creativity. Ascribing some grand ambition to Brian Wilson’s vision is probably and almost certainly wrong. The whole argument that SJW faggot is peddling just perverts and diminishes what The Beach Boys accomplished and contributed it’s disgusting. Brian was making the music he though sounded good and that’s it.

Yes Phil Spector was black. Fucking moron.
Is that wrong though?

Music doesn’t belong to different races you huge fucking faggot. Please kys.

this

there was no political bullshit to it

some of you people need to get off the internet or college campus bubble and stop thinking about politics and first world problems. "pet sounds is unbearably white" is a sign that we are past the point of being too comfortable as a society if these are the hot button issues we waste our youth complaining about online

>We should not define racism as many (often white) people do, as a relative concept applicable to anyone’s prejudice towards another racial group. Instead, we should see it as authors like George Fredrickson and David R. Roediger describe it, as prejudice plus power, which in the United States means white supremacy. What is called "reverse racism" -- prejudice against whites -- is not racism because there is no institutional power behind it to reinforce it on a larger societal level.

My Nibba the other guy said it not me it just to refute his point about pet sounds being white baroque music

Oh my b.

White people should absolutely stay the fuck away from funk music though.

brian wilson is a god. here is a subhuman negroid attempting rap music:
youtube.com/watch?v=xRYz4yD8qUk

and here is our lord and savior doing it right:
youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0SnpN_O00

whites and asians have made some pretty funky shit actually tbf

Who cares if rock is white dominated? Hip hop is black dominated and yet you don't see people making articles whining about the blackness of hip hop. Some genres are going to have a demographic dominated by mostly one race. Why is this a problem?

Dude, one of the literally all time funk songs “Give me the night” performed by George Benson was written, arranged and composed by Rod Temperton. Ps he was a white dude. He wrote a ton of other funk hits. Like I can’t even with you people.

It isn't it's just shit sheltered hipster millennial writers needing something to complain about.

>whites should stay away from funk
>Rod Temperton

Pick one.

he wrote michael jackson's hits bro shieeeeeeet idek this

no music is owned by any race except maybe trad ethnic folk.

>what is cultural appropriation

Kill yourself faggot kike

A stupid concept that doesn't apply here at all

All music is culturally appropriated from the Neandarthals banging rocks and grunting rhythmically.

Or classical. Which existed long before rock, blues etc...

FUCK
Pop
Matters

Got accepted to write reviews for them – cause so many of theirs pissed me off in the past – then they stopped adding me to the monthly list of albums that get sent out after 2 months

I don't know, I think the guy is trying to say that they're comfortable at the beach and that takes privilege or something.

He is saying Pet Sounds furthered the whiteness only attitude of rock.