Daily Reminder that Marilyn Manson was the last rockstar; not Kurt Cobain

Not to mention Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids were a much better band than Nirvana.

Nirvana are trash and have trash production Manson at least had three good albums Portrait, Antichrist and mechanical animals

This is true

>Trent Reznor
>Billy Corgan
>Gallagher lads
>Cedric and Omar
>implying
K

Manson's bandmates like Dasiy Berkowitz actually knew how to write complex riffs and had a unique sound and vision. Nirvana just wrote pop-punk songs that had a little distortion and fuzziness to the guitars.

What's the definition of a rockstar?
I imagine it involves huge commercial success with a celebrity status and "living large"

Marilyn Manson was still an international rockstar into the early 2000s, Trent was only popular up until the late 90s and even then NIN was not nearly as well known as Marilyn Manson. Also, Trent didn't really have the rockstar thing going, his name wasn't as well known as Marilyn Manson or Kurt Cobain and a lot of his music wasn't really even rock.
Those other people are literally who's compared to these three though.

In Britain, the Gallagher lads were closer to the 60's/70's cliche of "rockstars" as anyone in the past 25 years.

Pete Doherty really. Marilyn is something else.

*blocks your path*

Billy Corgan was a household name even after the pumpkins died
Mellon Collie went 4xPlatinum or even higher
ATDI and The Mars Volta may not have been as popular but their shows had some serious energy. True rockstar spirit.
Oasis And Trent Reznor made Manson famous in the first place
All these guys should at least be considered equal in power

Kurt joined the 27 club and automatically gets 50-100 year infamy. Mansen is going to get old and wrinkly and wind up like Robby Krieger.

Being a Rockstar wasn't really Reznor's goals even when he was at the height of his popularity. Like, he had a taste of it and his sensibilities told him it wasn't for him.

The fact that he stepped back from that to do what he wanted to do without pressure to be something he didn't want to be is far more respectable, and since he didn't keep cloning TDS, he stayed fresh. Instead he cultivated friends in high places from all across the entertainment spectrum, and it paid off. especially after he sobered up.

Manson quickly surpassed Trent in fame and Manson was already good before. The demos for Portrait and Antichrist show that the band already came up with all the songs before Trent got his hands on them. All he added were some studio effects.

are there any high quality studio demos pre-reznor?

Nothing about Marilyn Manson has ever been musically sophisticated, stop pretending that it has merit.

britfags OUT

compared to nirvana though

yeah Nirvana is basic as fuck too

Hello Filthy Frank, why are you drowning yourself?

I always wondered what would happen if Trent and Manson never fell out
I remember seeing them perform Starfuckers Inc together and it was honestly the best thing my angsty teen eyes ever saw

Rest in peace Daisy. :(

Yes, they are on Youtube
For Portrait type in "Portrait of an American Family (pre-reznor mix)"
For Antichrist type in"Antichrist Superstar demos"
There are a lot of good songs on those that didn't make it to the final release too, like Filth on Portrait and Astonishing Panorama of the End Times on Antichrist.

Yes, rest in peace Daisy (May)

He was easily the best member the band ever had. He was the hero we needed but didn't deserve. There are videos of him from the last couple years playing Spooky Kids era Manson songs by himself and it's really sad. That's the one thing that really pissed me off about Manson, that he kicked out the guy who created their unique sound.

t. Hasn't actually listened to Manson and is musically inept

Exactly. He was the Spooky Kids before Manson had full reign. Daisy was responsible for the best tracks on AS before he got kicked out too. It's a shame that his later stuff really didn't live up to his beginnings.

like their music or not, its obviously the gallaghers

>this thread

Am I in highschool?

That's gotta be a trip falling out of a band at the peak of their career, while legit in the fucking studio with Trent Reznor.

Was Trent Reznor the "evil bad guy" in the scenario? trying to change too much of the music Daisy wrote with Manson. I remember reading daisy microwaved a bunch of recordings in studio for ACS.

Fuck off, fag. Go listen to Pearl Jam.

Online hate crime

Pearl Jam sucks.

>Was Trent Reznor the "evil bad guy" in the scenario?
Manson's book said Trent smashed Daisy's new guitar because he was playing cock rock licks or some shit, but I think he was kicked out because Manson didn't think he shared the same vision or some shit.

That's hilarious

>Breaks daisy's guitar for fucking around
>Makes Twiggy jealous over something as simple as a conversation with his gf
>Still hire's Twiggy in the 00's and proceeds to work him so hard that Twiggy ran back to Manson.

Young Trent was a Chad compared to the Manson crew, sobriety and old age only made it more pronounced.

Josh Homme

They may be a stupid as fuck mediocre rock band but I'll be da,med of that [icture there look good knoemrns

*Chad and Stacy block your path*

I agree with you but at the same time i just spent 20 minutes looking at pictures of oRobby Krieger and he does not look human at all......like his skin was made of WAX YOU nkow? Fuck man I do not want to everrrrrrrrrrrrrr grwo up anymore im 20 fucking years old wjen is this train rine gonna end? ANyways Robert Kruiger is a fucking shell of a man and trent reznor isclearly the superior musiciand

oh god look at his smile! so cute thank you saddy tront:0:D:(

He looks youthful to me

>Marilyn Manson
>rockstar

Yes! Homme is the last true rock star. he is still popular to this very day!

hah a is that real????

Honestly, It saddens me that people like Manson and Robert Smith don't clean up and look better this late in life.

Robert Smith looks like shit because he doesnt give a fuck anymore. Dude married the love of his life, released 5+ seminal albums, still sounds great, and still makes millions. Manson looks like shit because he gives too much of a shit. Instead of either embracing his fat tubiness or getting skinny, he chooses to try to look badass and intimidating while wearing clothes that are meant to make him look slim.

I agree, Smith really doesn't need to care anymore, but they both try to capture what they once were in their look. It would be better if both try to look their age and keep performing. Smith performs much better than Manson, though.