Does anyone else find military rations really interesting? I have had a couple and honestly they aren't half bad...

Does anyone else find military rations really interesting? I have had a couple and honestly they aren't half bad, but I could see if you were actually in the military and it was all you could eat you'd get tired of them real fast.

the worse part of the military feeding them to me was that the cooks used them as an excuse to not cook for us
each of the packets in your pic are at a minimum 2500 Calories, most are 3200-3500
they are intended to be eaten once or twice a day during extreme continuous physical activity under stress
they are not intended to be eaten 3 times a day while doing a light work out for an hour then sitting at a desk for the rest of the day

and being clinically diagnosed as gluten intolerant didn't help
after the field week in the sergeant's course I hadn't shit for 3 days then in the middle of the night I farted so loud and so long that I woke up thinking that some one was slapping my ass and I woke up the entire 20 man bay
the guy in the bunk below me threw up from the smell

nice

I was never in the military but my dad was and I'd go apeshit for chicken parmesan rations and the jalapeno cheese goop that goes on crackers

KEK rip squad bay

They are very interesting, im a wardog so I love everything military related, but yeah sometimes they can get a bit dull, especially when there was word of a hot meal.

Pretty interesting. I have a small stockpile of them for emergency use, along with other necessities. I've eaten a ton to test them out.

The best was beef brisket. The worst had to be this breakfast "sausage" shit which is packaged in some nasty ass "maple syrup". Tasted like maple flavored asshole.

Protip: keep your MRE spoons. They are heavy duty as fuck. Also, peanutbutter and cheese spread is as good as money.

check Steve1989MREInfo on youtube
guy is crazy, eating MREs from 1960, even smoking a marlboro from vietnam package haha

Damn, this is why I couldn't ever have room mates.
Not that I have any intolerance issues, I just never wanna ever smell other people's farts and shit.
>walking near a public toilet makes me gag
>forced to use a portapotty at an outdoor rave, puked all over the thing
I'm sorry for your unit, user

was not expecting something like this

I'm one of those odd people who never get tired of MRE's. I have 3 boxes of these type shown in OPs picture.

My favorite is the pound cake and the dry bread that is in the shape of a piece of toast. It makes me laugh because they put in that extra effort to make the bread look like a piece of toast.

I'm sure if I ate them every day i'd get tired of them, but since I'm not in the military and I can only get them through a friend I have to eat them as a treat.

There's a greentext somewhere of a guy who ate a bunch of those things for a week and basically spawned a Washington Monument out of his ass.

MRE's are awesome. I eat them all the time.

You're a faggot

how can someone get them if no military friend?

the humanitarian MREs have been involved in some pretty fucked up things

>in Bosnia NATO handed out MREs
>Bosnians, in the middle of a genocidal war, took time out to sue NATO countries for crimes against humanity for giving out MREs
>and won

>in Afghanistan the US dropped modified MREs that weren't considered a war crime by the Hague
>they were in yellow bags to differentiate from the shit they gave servicemembers
>they would drop them out of airplanes
>they would also drop cluster bombs out of airplanes
>that were painted yellow

dont eat the biscuit browns

I really wanna try a Russian one but they are a bit expensive compared to the US ones. I can get a US one for 10 bucks at my army navy store in my town.

They sell them sometimes at military surplus stores. Sure it says NO RESALE on a lot of them but they resell them anyway. A lot of guys in the reserves or army bring them home in boxes then sell them to the surplus stores.

You can buy them online like legit you can buy the real ones

>(You)

i want to try them but it seems expensive to get here

i'm triyng to find the vid for pic related, anyone got the link?

contrary to barracks mythology
the gum contains neither saltpeter nor laxative

They're about 10 to 15 dollars per pack. Anymore is highway robbery.

Never heard of it having saltpeter in it, but I did think laxative is in there. Still think cause when I give some annoying kid that gun they run to the toilet and shit their guts out. Shit never gets old lmao

fucking terrorist

I know someone (civilian) who has been eating those on a near daily basis for 25+ years. He's currently dying of stomach cancer.

It's probably artificial sweetener. Sugar alcohols, in decent amounts, act as laxatives.

Fuck the omelette ones though. Just... urp. Fuck em.

especially if eaten on an empty stomach

Yeah that's why you only eat a couple

intradesting, on my search for canadian mres i found they also have an armoured bmw for sale

Like if kids ask me for gum that's what I give them cause they're annoying

ate those twice in 12 years of service
first time was bc I didn't know better
second was bc I stashed it away, ETSed, got poor, hadn't eaten in 2 days, and decided it was better than nothing
I was wrong

Germanfag here. I like the Jambalaya MRE best. Can some amerifag tell me how much they cost in the us (for civilians) shit ist pretty expensive here, around 12€ per pack.

OP here and they are about 10 dollars. So I have no idea what that is in Euros.

Should be around 7-8€ which ist really cheap.
Thanks for the info

Lol 12 years and only ate 2? I'm assuming not the army or marines? Cuz when we just went to NTC at fort Irwin only had mres to eat for 3 weeks in the field. Shit gets old quick.

I ate them for two months straight in 2007 Afghanistan. A little bland, but I developed a taste for them and I loved the trading aspect with the other goofs. I was active duty then, but now I'm in the guard. I still enjoy them cold now and then. Fuck the cheese and veggie omelette. Hot or cold, it was disgusting.

>Germanfag
>Jambalaya
Oh the irony of Germans enjoying classic negro food.

Eat them for a month and report back about how awesome they are.

Also rate the 5 shits you take that month.

with shipping, it will cost you about that much to get them from the US

I couldn't give less of a fuck about MREs but he has a great channel

Best ones are the vegetarian. Ate that shit for a week straight in beast. Fucking love me some MRE's, brings me back to when I served.

i like the chicken tortellini

I was in hurricane Ivan and we had no power for like 2-3 weeks so we got tons of MRE help here in NWFL they aren't bad tbh.

Yea eating 2 or 3 a day clogs the shit out of you... went like 4 or 5 days before taking a shit once...

ITT: samefags

army NG
my unit gave us MREs instead of feeding us
bc they are so high in calories, I never ate everything that was available
so I grew a decent stockpile in my locker
I got several with an egg main dish
but never ate the eggs except for that one time in basic and the other time shortly after I got out

I fucking love his channel. I like to watch him eat crazy ass MRE's while I eat my delicious food at home. That dudes whole life is MRE's and he has great commentary.

I know right, i hate fucking same fags.

You're a fag fag

[Citation beeded]