How old does somebody need to be before you take their opinions on music seriously?

How old does somebody need to be before you take their opinions on music seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCeW6D_8Kfg--l5eLqGoEHwg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When I was thinking about this earlier, that's close to the number that I came up with.

At the very least, anything said by somebody under the age of 22 can be disregarded.

i've heard that what someone listens to between 19-22 is what they will stick with, mostly, for the rest of their lives

I think this is mostly for casual scum who see music more as a nostalgia tool than anything else.

Whatever age u realize that just because you don't personally like something doesn't automatically mean it sucks

I think it should more be based around how long they've been into music seriously, rather than how old they are. If we go by that, i'd say 5 years.

I wouldn't generalize like that, plenty of musicians that are much more savvy than you or I have released solid tunes before 22

musical opinions doesnt equate to musical talent

I'm clearly not at this age yet because from my point of view you are fucking wrong and can get out of my thread.

I think there's a big difference between somebody getting into music at 13 when their brain is barely developed and at 20, when they are just about ripe.

I think these are all mostly coincidences.

bump

How old r u op

Twenty four.

depends on how good the opinions are

Well put. i'm 29 and my taste has continued to expand. I still enjoy listening to new genres and bands and it hasn't slowed down at all

This. Kids are too ego driven to be able to take a step back and consider something they don't immediately connect with.

That was definitely the case for me.

The older I get the less I seem to care about the image of music.

13 at the very least. i can see a teenager legitimately appreciating good music, but not anyone younger
reminder that ohhellfire exists and is based youtube.com/channel/UCeW6D_8Kfg--l5eLqGoEHwg

Sounds about right although I feel like I'm still developing my tastes in big ways and I'm just about to turn 25.

none of it matters because you should only be listening to what YOU like, suggestions from others should always be low, low priority.

I don't care what age you are, most people are simpletons and can't explain in detail why they enjoy the things they do. So if you're 15 or 25 and you can, I'll take you seriously

When they're old enough to agree with me

>taking other people's opinions seriously
check out this retard

what is this picture making fun of hmm?

If somebody browses Sup Forums and watch Anthony Fantano their opinion can be immediately discarded.

you just described 99% of the people in this board, including yourself probably

29 yo here. Age has nothing to do with plebness. My favorite genre is drum n bass and my computer is filled with pop trash from Scandinavia, Russia and Germany.

When you stop caring what "critics" or Sup Forums tell you what you should like and what not, that's when you've grown up.

Its not compared to age. You can be a 70 year old shitbag from 40 or so years from now if you listen to kanye and all the pop shit your opinion is invalid. If a 7 years old kids parents always listen to good real music in his vicinity he has a more calid opinion than anyone in his/her 20s with shit taste.

What dnb artists let me put you through my neuro, jungle, tecnoid pleb filter

>real music

I know. It was intentional.

Yes real music . Peer pressure music is always bad where you listen to the kinds of music other people around you listen to and there for the other people define your taste in music.

Sup Forums has terrible taste in music. Thats a known fact. They regurgitate shit from the gutters and frame it as a masterpiece to prove how different they are. Its the equivalent of a purplehaired dirtbag whos hair is purple to make a point on how special he is.

It's mostly liquid so by definition garbage for you. Not that I give a fuck.

Liquid is good. Go on

Over the age of 30

Liquids with the sub bass changing pitch like commix ?

More like pop shit like Wilkinson, Loadstar, Maduk etc.

I dont really like those but i still wouldn't call them shit. It takes a lot of effort to put out a loadstar tier mix.(as in production )

It's more of an attitude than an age, but below 19 is almost always bad.