Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

It overestimated the intelligence of its audience.

stopped giving a fuck. get over it tho damn. i mean at least pretend your life is a little better than mine.

What

Sup

>DC movie releases
>It's an incoherent mess with plot holes everywhere
>Months later
>DC scams you out of more money by releasing the extended edition that's fixes nearly every problem you had with the movie
Nothing went wrong, things went all according to plan

Elegant. fpbp

Eisenberg's performance and save Martha. There are other issues but the mishandling of those two elements made it more unpalatable than it needed to be

Would he have been better as Riddler?

It didn't fix anything though.

$0.03 has been added to your account

He would have been better if he never started acting

Nothing.

Zack Snyder is the Stanley Kubrick of this generation and BvS is his 2001: A Space Odyssey.

nothing, it's the kinoest of 2016

Zack is a hack

It took itself seriously and brought a visual style and moral viewpoint that offends Marvel sensibilities.

Also the theatrical release cut out important scenes.

Scratch that. Justice League will be his 2001

They let Zach Snyder be their visionary director; a man who has made 2 mediocre films throughout his career and many more bad ones.

Not even bait. Just a lazy yearning for replies. And he even got some.

lex luthor was fine nigga

>Also the theatrical release cut out important scenes.
it was literally filler the movie

>fixes nearly every problem you had with the movie

??????

this.
Zack Snyder assumed that the average movie goer is intelligent enough to understand the themes from the movie. It's like a 1s electron knowing what it feels like to be 15f.

The spoon feeding that anyone with a basic introduction to religious symbolism, let alone 7th grade symbolism lessons in English class, would get.

Then there was one moment during the film where I felt completely bored, and I can nail the exact moment: the dinner party/Bruce hacking the system/Tilted Halo talk.

Those issues aside, I still liked watching the film. I'm more likely to watch it when channel flipping than to want to own it.

why would anyone in the year 2016 watch TV or own a movie?

holy shit, this.

>what went wrong?
The critics.

>pretending to be smart by making analogies about basic 10th grade chemistry

fpbp

>Batman killing

That's the only thing I didn't like, the rest was pretty good

See
Everybody got the themes it was just dumb as shit and didn't belong in a fucking superhero movie. I remember watching justice league and batman cartoons as a kid and what made it so good was that it was just heroes being heroes, it was light hearted and fun with plenty of action. BvS tries way too hard to be dark and it's Jesus symbolism with superman is laughable.

You're an idiot.

>"w-whatever you're just an idiot."
This post perfectly describes Sup Forums. Just a ton of contrarians coming together pretending to be special and different. Can't even explain why they like the shit film for God's sake.

Elaborate.

>I come into every one of these threads but pretend I haven't read any of the posts
hm, ok.

Wrong political climate. It came when liberal SJWs had all the power and conservatives were demonized. Now that we've entered the Trump era, BvS will be looked at in a better light.

DCucks. Primitive, simple minded fanbase of smelly-dicked ignoramuses.

I can deal with Batman killing. It was him having no good reason whatsoever to fight Superman that annoyed me.

This.

Justice League will be 2010

You're overestimating the intelligence of normies, they simply didn't get it, trust me

It wasn't Batman v. Superman

And I don't mean a pure slug fest. There just wasn't enough focus on the two title characters. A true clash of beliefs and ideas between the two that slowly builds up over the course of the film.

The focus was robbed away from the two due to unnecessary subplots and characters. There's hardly any Clark scenes in the film. Especially ones where him and Bruce discuss the issue of a Superman and the dangers it brings. If we had more scenes between the two like the party scene, I would have enjoyed the film far more. The removal of Lex, Wonder Woman, and Doomsday would have benefited the film far more. The opening shot alone did a fantastic job of setting up Bruce as the antagonist and they tossed it away for Jesse Eisenberg trying his hardest to be the Joker.

This scene had no impact for me.

He could have done a numerous amount of things. Those fucking idiots could have jumped over the railing. Hell, they had enough time to walk away.

A fucking suplex would have solved the issue.

>Especially ones where him and Bruce discuss the issue of a Superman and the dangers it brings
Why the fuck would anyone want something this hamfisted and trite

let's take into context what Snyder's tasks are. He is given a task to create a movie that:

1) an origin movie for Justice League
a) this will include scenes and character development for Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman
b) have the 3 team up to serve as a basis for Justice League - obviously this has to be a super villain since how can any human stand against 3 superheroes?
c) have that super villain be engineered by human to serve its origin and for connecting with the human personas of Superman and Batman

2. have a continuity to Superman's actions after the Man of Steel - this includes the political aspects of having an uncontrollable god exist in the presence of humans and its spiritual implications as well

3. Introduce Batman and relate him to Superman

4. Be distinctly different from Marvel movies - tackle the serious side of having heroes among us

Given this ginormous task, it’s amazing how Snyder was able to make it all work in his film. To cover all this points would take about 4 - 4 1/2 hours and I feel that if given the freedom Snyder would have done it so. A task of this magnitude would have failed Kubrick but Snyder has done it, although we admit this is not his best work but I would have loved to see what he could have done in a 4 hour epic Director's cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ™.

I'm excited to see more of Snyder's work. I'm not trolling I really do. Even his adaptation of The Fountainhead, but I really wish I could see it in Snyder's intended form. Not getting cut down to what the studio wants. A 4 hour Fountainhead and Justice League and see it in Snyder's vision would be amazing to see.

>asked to create a JL origin movie
>gut the movie before release
>release the true version a couple of months later

fuck WB

Wow, you went to the trouble of this just to defend shitty writing. Good job.
Now I want you to explain to me why Batman never bothers to learn anything about Clark and why he immediately starts thinking of ways to kill him instead of doing any kind of real detective work. Y'know, like fucking Batman would do.

I agree but you're not going to convince anyone because they already decided the movie they wanted to see months before it came out.

what did he mean by this?

yeah. months before BvS was released you can already see the overwhelming negative shill posts against Snyder and DC.

When it comes to Marvel Studios' movies, everything is great, everything is hype, everything is awesome.

But whenever a poster appears talking about Man of Steel being good or BvS looking nice or Suicide Squad being fun hory fucking shit, he's called a shill and there's a tsunami of shitposting.

>the trouble

Well, it's not really as if the people who can only talk about capeshit have anything else to offer, it's not much different elsewhere on the internet.

I'm just glad we got MoS/BvS the way they were.

Man of Steel was poorly received. It only recently started to be called "good" because you fuckers need ammo to load your contrarian revolver.

If Warner didn't drop Green Lantern from the DCEU, you fuckers would have been defending that too.

>Everyone who likes BvS/MoS are DC fans
nope.

marvel fans are assholes news at 11. instead of discussing the merits of their film they instead shitpost other films into oblivion instead

That's not what I implied at all you dumb piece of shit.

Green Lantern was the original start of the DCEU. It flopped. WB brushed it aside and they started over with MoS. If it never happened, it would be part of your "flawless" cinematic shlock and you fuckers would be calling it kino.

Marvel ruined the super hero genre. Instead of getting one shots or self contained franchises like we use to, now we have to deal with this stupid "shared universes" bullshit and the copy cats its inspired.

Snyder had nothing to do with Green Lantern though, so what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

You're going to have to explain the Suicide Squad shilling then

Dunno, haven't seen the movie, but it seems to have been somewhat well received by audiences so not sure what you mean.

For me absolutely nothing. I care about comics so the characterisation of Batman and Superman felt okay to me, in this particular movie I could see the place that they were coming from.
I also don't mind that the argument was settled with a muttering of name. At it's core Batman's issue with Superman wasn't a rational one, he was afraid of Sups as something completely alien to humans as well as angry at the world. So a realization that at his final moments Superman cares most about his mother as well as remembering his own human side made his irrational argument disappear.
I also believe that for the story that they were telling the pacing was perfect. The only scenes that felt unnecessary for this particular movie were the ones that established the DC cinematic universe which I don't care about.
I really loved the air of sublime that was going on at the opening scenes of the movie with shots that showed how insignificant humans were compared to the battle that took place, there was simply no place for them to interfere. The execution blended perfectly with the theme of exploration of divine.
The doomsday was shitty, the lack of regular human involvement and destruction in the last fight was shitty, it's what i liked about the Zod fight in the first movie. The wonderwoman was very surprisingly good. I also loved Lex. Oh right an the music, it was fantastic and the character themes feel "iconic".

Overall it's a good movie and I don't really see a grip with it if you are not invested in a very specific portrayal of the characters that were already reimagined a myriad of times beforehand.