What albums are worth listening to in Lossless quality over audiophile equipment?

What albums are worth listening to in Lossless quality over audiophile equipment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kFSNs9GQe_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You start...

Transylvanian Hunger

literally anything pressed on vinyl

ratm meme

good post

reddit upvoter

The Pod

ELO

Always need to hear Money for Nothing in lossless. So much depends on that clean guitar riff that comes out of the silence.

Anything where there can be gaps in the notes of a solo instrument, I imagine, would benefit the most from lossless compression. We have ears that evolved to be sensitive to noises that come from the darkness. A lossy codec will eat into the note and you will notice more distinctly how it arrives.

Gong's You

youtube.com/watch?v=kFSNs9GQe_4

Can you really tell the difference between 320kbps mp3 and lossless?

I fucking love Gong. Radio Gnome Invisible is some of the best prog of the era. Great choice user

this one sounds amazing

When I heard Cosmogramma on nice equipment, it seriously felt like listening to it for the first time again

this

this along with Royal Scam and Gaucho

also pic related

and this

Everything produced by Steven Wilson

Drone, noise, post-rock, lo-fi

This so much. Mixed so well

Been addicted to this album lately, so fucking catchy.

>When I heard Cosmogramma on nice equipment, it seriously felt like listening to it for the first time again
probably because you heard a shit rip that sounded muddy as fuck.

Steely Dan
Field recordings that take advantage of the open nature of high end headphones
Anything produced by Steve Wilson
Roger Waters era Pink Floyd
ACDC

to be honest great production was mostly wasted on shitty bands

No

I don't really think this album was even recorded/mixed/mastered that well. I mean yeah it sounds great but sometimes the guitars feel a little thin.

I dont know this well so I cant say anything about the music, but do you really think they put much effort in the mixing?

>shitty dadrock

wasn't even a good joke but way to take it seriously guys!

newfag