What went wrong?

What went wrong?

What went right?

Nothing, its pretty good or at least one of the better shows on TV atm

What travelled in a figurative direction?

>JJ Abrams
>Jonathan Nolan
not hard to figure out

I feel like things are really unexplained. Maybe that's part of the appeal for some people but I still have no idea what the fuck is going on. There are so many characters and I have no idea what any of their motivations are yet. NONE. ZERO. If someone can explain to me, with some degree of accuracy, what all of the main characters are trying to accomplish, I beg you to enlighten me. I want to enjoy this show so badly but every episode is just more questions and no answers.

bbc

Things, you fucker.

Feminism.

Ugly robo-hookers.

HBO post 2008

>I still have no idea what the fuck is going on

Maybe those people who said "lets change the humans-as-processors plot line to humans-as-batteries plotline" were correct about the american audience when it came to The Matrix.

>Typical pretentious writing from a Nolan brother
>Unlikeable characters
>Extremely unlikeable characters (pic related)
>Threat of multiple timelines, making the show nonsensical and stupid
>JJ Abrams being involved

Thanks user. It's all very clear to me now. Obviously I'm the problem, not the terrible storytelling.

Having a good idea is great. Being able to translate that into something satisfying, fluid and comprehensible is completely different.

Normally you can see where a story is going, there are signs that are readable to the astute viewer, and it is satisfying when either you get it right or you get it wrong but the deviation is reasonable and intelligent. I'm sure there ARE signs but they are either so subtle that the writers are putting them in there just so they can say "look all the clues were here the whole time lol!" or the writers are not even sure where the plot is going yet, a common symptom of "this show is going really well, I know you've only come up with ideas for a single season but we'd like to make it go for 5-6, can you stretch it out a bit?"

May I remind you, there are people who think Lost was a good television show. Let that sink in for a minute.

I like the show as it is, but I would also have loved if it was just about MiB and other players actually trying to beat Westworld, and in that process uncovering its mysteries.

also seems to be inspired by LOST with the whole "nothing makes sense on purpose" plot and the fact that this show seems to be heading twards a really stupid and nonsensical conclusion

This. Also there's literally no plot. Who's Arnold, who cares. One theory is Arnold is the black science man, so what. All the lead actors are duds. Black science man, Delwhores, Teddycuck, William, Ol' Nigmadam

>nigress hooker is robot jesus

i mean

My wife seems to think there are two separate timelines going on. If that is the case, there have been literally zero hints at that.

I mean we don't even know what Westworld IS. I just think that every episode should be giving the audience SOMETHING to make sense of what is going on, instead of throwing in more uncertainty. I enjoyed the first episode because it was "wow I wonder where this is going!" but the mystique really wears off when you get that same feeling from every episode.

>>Extremely unlikeable characters (pic related)

Fuck I hate her but I want to fuck her so bad. I fucking hate my penis

exactly. Every episode is more characters being introduced, more mystery, but no payoff.

>create robots in for fantasy fufilment theme park
>make them all uggos
>none of them have large tits and none of the women have dicks

Rich people aren't paying money to dress up like a cowboy and sleep on dirt to fuck nasty ass rat faced hookers.

The last episode having the logo on the old computer nearly convinced me that William is in an older time and that he may =MiB, the only problem is when Dolores meets up with him they show Not Thor being informed that she's gone AWOL, unless that was a really cheap misdirection.

Bad pacing.

GRRM said that he thought his books would be impossible to adapt, and he kind of ended up being right. Some GoT episodes end up only advancing each plotline a tiny bit at a time and it results in a shitty unsatisfying episode. Westworld does the same thing except there's no justification for it--it was written for television.

The other complaint would be that all the human characters are garbage. It's like they intentionally made them all boring or cunts.

The only intrigue for me is what can and can't be done within the park, and the struggle to run it. Pushing too far ahead with this bicameral mind sentience consciousness GitS Pinocchio Blade Runner thing is making me wonder what they'd even accomplish in future seasons. I don't want the show be taken outside of the confines of the park or away from the idea of rich people paying to exploit robotic workers.

>I don't understand.

>from the same dude who made Lost
>not seeing this coming

The payoffs are gonna suck dick anyway, fuck this show

westworld is beautifully shot, wonderfully scored, makes me feel feelings and i look forward to it every weekend.

it's not perfect, but what else is?

My name is Charles Stiles I'm with a company called Mystery Diners.

> I feel like things are really unexplained.

Well sure, it’s a mystery.

But from what I can gather (having just finished E06) is that Ford more than likely had Arthur killed so he could take over the park but Arthur had already programmed certain robots with sentience (though hidden, even from the robots at the moment) for apperantly philosophical reasons.

ExecuMILF has been spying on Westworld’s operations for somebody and is worried now that management has sent a new chick (that Black gal) to look things over, while Assistant Chick has discovered her spying and Bernard doesn’t know what to do about it.

The Man In Black wants… I dunno, but I’m convinced he’s William in the future.

The fucking around with the robot’s programming (by Arthur, Ford, Bernard and maybe others) is causing them to go off script and of course, this will eventually result in the robots killing people.

Also; Westworld is located in a vast underground cavern (hollowed out by nukes) on another planet.

>My wife seems to think there are two separate timelines going on. If that is the case, there have been literally zero hints at that.

There have been all kinda hints and it ought to be clear by now that the scenes with William happened in the past and the scenes with MiB are happening in the present.

>>create robots in for fantasy fufilment theme park
>>make them all uggos

HBO did drop the ball when it came to casting the hookers, oddly giving the less attractive ones prominent speaking roles while the actual hot hooker bots, are only shown in the background for a couple of seconds.

I can only assume the casting was done by an angry fat feminist.

The main issue I'm having is that it suffers from nolanwriting where everyone just dumps exposition every time they open their mouth.
On one hand it fits the setting quite well, but on another I feel no attachment to any character because they just come off as mouthpieces for whatever the plot needs them to convey.

Can you imagine if Jurassic Park has this much "mystery" bullshit attached to it? Why can't it simply be about robots rising up against humans, instead of forcing all this pretentious pseudo-philosophy on us?

Then why is Dolores still going through her same "watch daddy get killed then get raped by old William" routine if she's on the path to sentience with young William?

Ted "Theodore" Logan
Bill (Will) S. Preston, Esq.

>GRRM said that he thought his books would be impossible to adapt

Nonsense, the books are perfectly straight-forward.

The problem is that HBO put two no-name talentless hacks in the charge of the show, who think they are artists despite all evidence to the contrary.

Westworld is harder to put on the screen, as we're dealing with philosophical stuff like artificial consciousness.

turned into a cuck girl-power fest

i say this unironically

No wonder the train only has 3 Guests per day at 40k a day price. shit is boring for that price

Excellent!

She got reset back to factory settings.
But her old memories are still in their hidden, and can be awoken by being repeatedly raped.

>Come to Pariah, it's the rough and tumble and adult area of the park!
>Just some Confederate reenactments and an orgy that makes Eyes Wide Shut's look exhilarating.

>What went wrong?

They didn't show the world outside westworld

>Then why is Dolores still going through her same "watch daddy get killed then get raped by old William" routine if she's on the path to sentience with young William?

Storylines and characters get recycled but I suspect what we're going to see, is that the scenes with Delores and William will end with her being reprogramed and forgetting all about sentience, which was then reactivated years later when her dad found that pic of Williams fiancee from years ago.

i.e. the first story will be the failed experiment with sentience and the later (current) story will ultimately be a success.

it's a crossover of the worst elements of Nolan's and JJ Abrams' meme scriptwriting.
It's has high production values though and TV had far worse shit this year.

Bingo

It's your classic, "Let's have a show with a massive and glorious premise, and then not follow through on the promises of the exposition".

Same problem as Lost, and the 2 sequels to the Matrix.

In science fiction or fantasy, and big start has to only expand in even bigger ways. And Westworld is failing to do that.

> uggos

dude Thandie Newton is hot as shit. Even in her 40's I would dick that woman down all night.

Can anyone explain what is the theory with the shrinkray?

>theory

Correct term is "utter bullshit"

Not so much a theory as much as a confirmed aspect of how they get guests into westworld.

Through the episodes you see various hints at it. Basically, Will was being shrunken when he went through getting his gear and being offered sex by the host. The sex is to delay the shrinking if they have a lot of people they need to feed into the little train at once, but since Will was the last person (the train left as soon as he got on) there was no need.

wat

>What went wrong?

The last episode literally ruined everything.

I feel like the same applies to madmen and tv ate that shit up

It's Armistice Day for nine more minutes in California. Post more Armistice.

Plebbiest post of the day. Demonstrates exactly why stupid people don't like this show.

This should have been a Netflix show, with all episodes available at once.

This type of show does not work as well as it could when you have to wait a week for the next episode.

Only breadcumbs of an answer if that but a shitload of questions popping up after every episode that 99% of will never be answered. I could go on and on.

We've been through this already, with LOST, and that ended horribly.

You can be sure Westworld will also end in an awful, disappointing, unstatisfying, anticlimatic way.

I'm not falling for the same tricks again.

I regret recommending my family this show, the first 2 eps were so misleading

it went from GOAT to GoT in like 2 eps

>gimmicky power fantasy scene thats reposted ad nauseam by some sad faggot who gets off on shit television