Tell them they need to order MORE PAPERWEIGHTS

>tell them they need to order MORE PAPERWEIGHTS.

Was he a bad person?

I relate to him too much, minus the less than constructive childhood advice. Just the self-destructive alcoholism.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wRP6egIEABk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Was he a bad person?
Of course, inebriation doesn't cause a change in personality, just exaggerates whatever aspects are most prominent internally.

There were several indicators to his soft spot for Orel, Shapey and [other one] though, like he was still damaged from Bloberta introducing him to alcohol and the whole mother dying of a you-induced heart attack thing.

Could you remind me? I haven't seen the show in a while, but I remember him having a hard heart towards everyone but Stopframe.

>Was he a bad person?

No but he was made into a empty husk by the world. Literally the everyman who looks at the globalists and said fuck it I'm gonna drop out and pretend to be good, IE the average Trump voter.

Watching Alone left me depressed for like 3 days

It's very difficult to find clips on video sites, I know on my first viewing that his refusal to give Orel Ol' Gunny was the most obvious thing, plus he was proud of Orel when he did good.

Granted none of that actually justifies a drunken abusive relationship, but compared to Block's dad he's a flawed saint.

Plus his speech in the bar seemed to indicate that he loved his family, especially Bloberta, to a fault.

He was a bad person, but it wasn't his fault. He was raised wrong by an apathetic father and a mother with some kind of personality disorder, experienced childhood trauma, and self medicated with alcohol. It's more accurate to say he was very sick.

Do you think he loved Orel and (((Shapey)))?

Is the show kino?

Unequivically.

Leterally Statesota.

He filled that void of no mother and a distant father with Jesus. Then Bloberta came along and introduced alcohol to him. Everything went downhill from there.

Probably, but how that feeling manifested was always going to be warped by his flawed character.

I pretty much agree, hence not thinking he's a bad person, I think the crux of the series that he was a victim, was that such a hypocritical, moralistic society could create such a character, even though his dad was a swell guy.

It wasn't just a void, what he experienced as a child, both how he was raised and the trauma, would give anyone deep seated emotional problems that would require intense and lengthy counseling, which wouldn't have been available really until the '90s when he was well into adulthood.

t.someone who took an elective psychology class

>a victim

Basically yeah, psychological problems are the gift that keeps on giving in a society that isn't equipped to deal with them.

youtube.com/watch?v=wRP6egIEABk

Keeps on giving as people pass on their own destruction.

Might've been a cop-out from Samatopolous that Orel survived it so well, or an optimistic trend breaker.

I don't think so, I think the last experience really shaped his view of the world, and how negativity can be so destructive, and thus, he continued with his faith

You might be right, the picture of Clay and Bloberta next to a christmas tree in their living room shows they dgaf how horrible they were.