It's good fuck u

it's good fuck u

I agree.
People who didn't understand it weren't paying attention.

it's shit no u

>that scene

probably it and pic related are the only scenes in film I've ever actually been legit turned on during.

its shit

Needed to be 30 minutes longer, but did a decent enough job of translating some of Pynchon's vibe.

someone explain this movie to me

It was pretty good, but quite disorganized considering how much had to be cut and jumbled to cram Pynchon's detail-laden mystery novel into a feature-length film. The atmosphere was there, though, and I feel like he nailed Doc and Bigfoot. The Golden Fang and Sauncho went grossly underrepresented however

i watched it right after reading the book, it was a pretty solid adaptation but it bothered me how heavily they leaned on the book's prose, a lot of it sounded pretty bad in joanna newsom's deadpan narration. plus they took a lot of lines from the book's narration and just gave them to doc as dialogue iirc and it always sounded really out of place for him, i hate that shit

Have you read any Pynchon? This is one of the easiest.

Well, it's either that or A: they rewrite and plebify it or B: they leave it out and people are even more confused.

No, it isn't. I respect your opinion, but I don't respect your use of foul language, Sir. Shame on you.

motto pannukeku

>durr the talk of hippies u hear was just le cia
>this is how it really went down

that's IV in nutshell

Well, in a broad sense it's about counterculture, exemplified by the hippie movement, inevitably subverting itself and becoming part of the establishment without changing what the establishment is. It shares a lot of themes with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, actually.

this, and it's also about how we tend to 'get lost in the haze of a narrative,' so to speak, where we ahistorically simplify cultural epochs and in doing so we misunderstand what they were really about int he first place. One of the last shots of the film, the surreal shot of Bigfoot eating Doc's weed, is what we have essentially boiled the 60's flowerpower era down to: hippies vs. squares, drugs vs. suits. In doing so and cartoonishly depicting the past, we neglect the lessons they have to teach us about the present.

>I could barely stay awake so it must be kino

fuck off its bad PTA is a fucking HACK just like Malick

hothead

malik is good 2
tree of life is a top 10 movie of the 21st century

this

top kek

>he doesn't like malick
loving
every
laugh

Malick is just as bad as Nolan

Do people not like this movie on this board? People here love comfycore films, which this one definitely is

>I could barely stay awake so it must be shit
yeah, definitely has nothing to do with you having an attention span of a goldfish
fucking millennials I swear