youtu.be/hA6rLKknO7U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because it's good

this is some outstanding critique, OP
well done

It wasn't a critique

its just rock packaged for edgelord fedora tippers

because they arent familiar with first 3 BOC albums

It is music arranged to appeal to people with a gimmick tied to it so it can be marketed at a demographic. It's just good marketing. Standard American business.

Because I like Scooby Doo music.

It's fun
Of course a fag who listens to numale indie sadcore shit wouldnt understand

weird al vocals over neutered metal is fun to you?

hell yeah

can't argue with that

I really like this band. I saw them open for Iron Maiden earlier this year and they are really good live.

They make very good and interesting music and their gimmick is kinda cool.

For an example of how cool Ghost is, listen to this song "Woman of Dark Desire" by Bathory.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ritn8JAsgj0

Then listen to Ghost's song "Elizabeth" which is a direct homage to Bathory's song.
youtube.com/watch?v=IVIQ1ixnqSg

i fucking love scooby doo

because they like scooby doo chase music

This is probably the best metal album since Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

so, listen to bathory instead, got it

i'll leave this here just for you

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Báthory

And what sort of a degenerate would ever enjoy rock music?

Or enjoy music that sounds the same as other music they like?

i downloaded it but have yet to finish the album
i guess im more of a death and black metal listener

it's metal for people who don't like metal
you get to pretend you're cool and underground for listening to it when it's just pop hooks on distorted guitars (and the distortion is vvimpy as hell most of the time) and vocals with the shallowest occult lyrics in history. seriously, that shit makes belphegor lyrics sound like serious satanists.
so the whole idea of ghost is diluting metal down to an easily consumable level for the masses. when you dilute the shit out of something, you don't get that taste anymore. there's nothing to taste for ghost because there's so much pop watering it down.

What if I like pop music? Really. The whole satanism thing is so inherently silly that when bands try to present it seriously the whole thing is just farce. Ghost are silly and they have hooks for days, this is a good combo. Whether or not they're metal is irrelevant. The label ;metal' is not actually an indicator of quality. Something could be metal as fuck and also shit

I like it because it sounds like Blue Oyster Cult meets Scooby Doo.

it's shit metal though. as for pop, i know a hundred artists where i could go for catchy pop hooks without that shitty guitar tone and production.

>muh trve metal

Metal has been getting diluted since Metallica became the biggest band on the planet, even Black Metal became a parody of itself getting co-opted by hipsters and numales.

then go listen to whatever shitty metal you like with your 2 friends, just don't forget to be in bed by 8 or else you'll be grumpy in the morning user

> This is a nice sandwich.
> But is it METAL?!??

Imagine being so young you think real metal isn't metal because is not heavy as the trendy metal you were born into

very good user

Because it sounds good in my ears.
This is probably the most retarded thing I read all year.

Style over substance. Idiots who like this band need to re-evaluate their sad existence. Basement dwelling loser core. But...but it’s fun. Fuck off.

Hey look, we found your little play friend

You tried to be funny.

And you tried to say something that meant anything worthwhile. Guess we can't all be winners hey son?

I'm confused. Is it elitists that hate this or tourists?

OE is solid trad/doom worship. Sounds nothing at all like muh BOC Scooby Doo music. Also, everyone that's pulling "muh it's not trve metuhl" is probably too fucking young to remember when every other non-mainstream spot for metal was in love with Ghost before they got huge back when OE first came out. People with a far more expansive and obscure knowledge of the genre than any of you liked Ghost long before it became cool to hate on them.

it's mostly elitist teenagers that like Slipknot and deathcore

Why you mad, son? Did I hit a nerve regarding your shit band? I guarantee you wouldn’t like them if they didn’t wear masks. Just admit it, you got played, son.

Not true. Ghost has always been shit.

Bullshit. Like, seriously go to like an NWN or Ultimate metal or any other considerably knowledgeable spot, search far enough back in those forums and you'll see nothing but praise for OE back when it came out. Everyone from guys that did very raw black metal to tech death was into that album when it came out. If you go on RYM, you might see some of these very guys having put the album in their year end lists for 2010, too.

Go back to /r/ and listen to your Nickelback buddy, you seem to have some sort of weird obsession with this Ghost band. We get it, you like "real metal" with "real substance". You should be savouring those feelings, once you graduate and move out of your parent's house (yeah right) you'll actually have to start worrying about real world problems.

>i pointed out what you said, therefore you got played
if that's what your cute little heart desires, sure

But they are swedish

you may be retarded

Why do some retards think metal is some obscure elitist thing? It never was

Wow, so you are MAD? You even followed it up by repeating what I said. Oh, and wow, you really hurt my feelings with the Nickelback comment. How original. You aren't very good at this, are you? Then again, you listen to Ghost, so that explains a lot.

Jesus Christ, stop this cringefest at once
Arebyou twelve by any chance?

I am old enough to know when OE came out. I bought into the hype, bought the album and wondered what the fuck they were talking about.

It has an extreme music subculture that the overwhelming majority of people can't immediately get into. Not only that, it works harder to restore/reissue/remaster obscure old gems in the genre than any other genre's fans.

you're still going at it? kids these days are weird. you don't seem to be able to even muster up an argument. you must be new here. don't worry everybody has a starting point. I'm not even sure if it's worth my time trying to communicate with a 15 year old.

Nice trips. Cringefest? Can you reply with a single unique thought? Guess not.

youtu.be/9OUWgxu7xng
>Same song
>Same lyrics
>Totally different tone and meaning
Holy shit, these guys are good

I understand. Personally I don't care for this revivalist stuff in metal period. But it still had insane amounts of hype back then among even the most ardent metal fans.

>uses standard newfag Sup Forums responses
>"lol i bet you're mad now"
>copies everything the other guy does

confirmed for 12-15 age range metal bro normie

Not new. Your reply is the prototypical Sup Forums weak ass response. Can you please be inventive with your replies? Oh, and you keep replying as well.

Nah, I'm an oldfag shitposting on his day off.

nothing you say matters anymore, you've been confirmed as just a dumb kid

see above

I like how to most prominent posts in this thread have been some random kid arguing with other people about essentially nothing.

Not much to talk about when it comes to Ghost. Sad, but true. Most Ghost threads would 404 in a matter of minutes.

And yet there seems to have been a lot to talk about, not to mention the 3 hour running time. They must be a worthwhile band, I reckon i'll check them out.

It's very soft. Can't really get into it

>It's very soft. Can't really get into it

He's kind of right though, it's a bit soft compared to modern metal. I don't see that as a detriment to the album though, it's one of the features that I like.

>Everyone from guys that did very raw black metal to tech death was into that album when it came out
Holy shit are you THAT delusional?

care to elaborate?

No artist besides that faggot from Metallica talked about OE.

>2017
>scooby doo-core

it gets better with age

What the fuck are you on about you autistic fucktard? I was talking about the FAN reactions to when OE first came out, not some artist's. Like, at least pay fucking attention, because it seems that you can't even remember what you just read a few minutes ago, forget what was going on seven years ago.

Teenagers that like Slipknot and deathcore hate Ghost.

Ghost is for those few remaining metal fans who recognize metal existed before 80's thrash

youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo

>implying being Swedish isn't a gimmick

I've always thought of Ghost as a traditional doom/proto-metal band. What the fuck is wrong with people saying they are not XD REAL MEET00L when in fact they are.

Because it's quality psych rock with an interesting concept

You can't deny that the riffs and solos a god-tier. There's some great songwriting on the first album. The rest is meh

does tying a noose in your garage, putting your neck in it and almost, but not jumping off the steps count as attempting suicide?

Meliora is really good.

How good are they live? They're gonna play at one music joint in my city. Is it worth my dosh?

Haven't heard or thought of this band in almost a decade, damn.

Didn't like them much back then either, and never understood the hype. I feel like it's because they toured a shitload with other metal bands and have a "cool" image, so they just caught on eventually.

Yes, absolutely. I saw them while they were touring with Maiden this year and they were the highlight of the whole damn show. They can really put on a seriously good live show.

They put on a tight performance. Then again, I haven't seen them since the lineup change

I also saw them on the Iron Maiden tour. They were really good. Definitely catch them

will do lads, buyin' tickets

The new lineup was better than I expected. I was certainly disappointed that Omega wasn't there, but the new Fire had great showmanship and a very silly personality on stage. Their new drummer is also insane.

Because it's fun. Tobias actually did a decent thrash/death album, so it's not like they don't know how to play

youtu.be/hA6rLKknO7U

I caught their first show on the BTTF tour and loved it. However, i found the band hand a better presence when they were a little more reserved. Fit the whole "emissaries of Satan" thing better while still being tongue in cheek.

It's really great and catchy, but it's not metal and gimmicky, which means it must be terrible

Meliora is actually their best.

Not true, its just shitty wuss tunes

Saw em in Vancouver just as they were starting to blow up, pretty fun show and their performance is really solid.