Hey Sup Forumstards, what are some drugs to do that don't give you a fucking hangover...

Hey Sup Forumstards, what are some drugs to do that don't give you a fucking hangover. I've recently started eating right and exercising and I simply can't drink anymore... Its like 3000 calories to get drunk and too fucked to work out the next day.
>Inb4 weed, it just makes me paranoid and anxious as fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DrugNerds/comments/15m9sf/mdma_supplementation/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_narcosis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also inb4 heroin/opiates, been there done that. No stims (including e/mdma, too much crash)

Crazy thought...what about no drugs? If you need drugs, you are not working out hard enough

Kratom and psychedelics?
That's my cup o tea

Codeiene, it's an opiate of course but it's not too heavy, I use 3 or 4 times a month.

Good suggestions. I tried kratom a few times a little while back but it's just so fucking nasty to drink

Dried mushrooms. At least in my experience I can take a decent amount of them in the morning, have a mad trip and be 100% sober by dinner time. I assume if you take shitloads or do them too often there might be side effects, but otherwise fine.

codeine is great but it's fucking hard to get, at least for me

Sugar Free Codeine Linctus here, I rotate several pharmacies so with light use it's extremely unlikely you will be refused, I've been using a few times a month for a few years and I've only been refused a sale twice.

how the hell do you get a script?

Keep a dream log. It's like the best psychedelic trip, every single night.

Can buy it over the counter in UK for about £2. I usually go for the online doctors who will dish out 120 30mgs for £40. For some reason the linctus gives me all the side effects and none of the good effects. Maybe I metabolize it too fast.

I find that if I pre load with 5htp for a week before MDMA and take it before bed with some magnesium I don't get any bad effects or crash. Everyone works differently tho.

there are like 6 classes of drugs.
psychedelics, dissociatives, depressants, stimulants, cannabinoids, and entactogens.

there aren't really that many different types of drugs. generally they can be put into those categories. there are different "flavors" of "cereal", but they're all the same basic thing. if you get what i'm saying.

Lsd doesn't give me any bad effects, except when I wake up the next day I wish I coukd do more. Unfortunately it takes about 2 weeks before it works the same again.

don't take 5-htp before MDMA. take it after to regenerate your serotonin quickly. if you take 5-htp before, you're just taxing your serotonin system even harder, and putting yourself in more danger of serotonin syndrome.

reddit.com/r/DrugNerds/comments/15m9sf/mdma_supplementation/

isn't cannabis technically a hallucinogen?

generally drugs are classified on what receptors they hit, rather than the subjective effects, but i mean it's all very loose.

cannabinoids hit the unique cannabinoid receptor, which not many other drugs hit. it's not a classical "psychedelic" like lsd or mushrooms.

i know what you mean though, and smoking it while taking a psychedelic can unveil a deeper, almost sinister hallucinogenic experience in some people.

Nice link, thanks, I just realised I take everything in the list. Supplement junkie, but damn q10 is great for energy.

The 5htp I take daily anyway since it cures my depression so my serotonin is probably low. It also fixes my migraines. Haven't had any serotonin syndrome problems, but probably because it is low.

lol damn, its a schedule 2 narcotic here

oh I see that makes sense. I've tried just about everything under the sun besides meth, but I need something that doesn't ruin me for the next day. probably doesnt exist

for sure. it's just counter-intuitive in regard to MDMA.

just so you know though, you might be handicapping yourself taking 5-htp regularly. i could write up a huge paragraph here, but there are a couple main issues.

5-htp is mainly metabolized in the gut, as you have a lot of serotonin receptors there. you may notice intestinal problems when you take 5-htp regularly. also there are some heart concerns.

also, the transporter protein for tryptophan is the same one for tyrosine, and tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine. you might be reducing your brains "maximum dopamine production" by maxing out this transporter with 5-htp, if that makes sense.

not to try to push you toward SSRI's or anything, but the general idea with SSRI's is that they target the receptor you're looking for in the brain, without all these downstream consequences from increasing serotonin across the board.

then again you're an adult, just wanted to let you know some stuff i know. i'm in college for biochemical engineering, and i learn about this stuff in my free time. best of luck friend.

there's a thing they say in biology, it's that "there is no free lunch"

you don't get to cheat your brain's reward system. if you add a drug to make it feel good now, it'll downregulate that same system and make you feel a little worse for a little while afterwards. any drug is going to do this, it just depends on how much you can tolerate it.

if you space drug usage out long enough, and rotate drugs so you're not hitting the same systems every time (ie: don't take alcohol, then painkillers, then benzos) then you can hit a different system in your brain while the other one is recovering.

Regret, sadness and suffering.

fuck SSRI's. in some cases they can help but you should exhaust all options first, like diet and exercise changes. ssri's profoundly change you and are a living hell to quit. some of the worst withdrawals I've ever felt. they make you just not give a shit and drift through life

I've used alcohol heavily for years and enjoyed it, but in the last 18 months or so i don't get as much pleasure out of it and the hangovers literally destroy me for 30+ hours

from my personal experience, and from reading the literature, they're meant to be used for a short amount of time. the problem is doctors prescribe them indefinitely, which is not what they were designed for.

the point is you take them when you're not able to control your life. the SSRI's make the bad shit not feel so bad, and the good shit not feel so good, so you can focus on the root of your problem and fix it. then when you have stabilized your life, you come off the antidepressants and keep going with your life.

it's like training wheels or crutches, you just use them as tools, but if you use them forever you're missing the point.

same here thats why I am monitoring this thread. Hangovers are worse and worse every year. Fucks up my sleep, memory, I get muscle cramps in addition to the regular hangover stuff.

honestly i'd consider alcohol one of the worst, if not the worst drugs you can do. it's directly neurotoxic, and objectively carcinogenic. it's pretty fucking bad for you, yet it's so popular.

the problem is a lot of drugs that feel similar and are safer are hard to get your hands on now. GHB was really popular back in the early 2000's, and was way better for you, but the government cracked down on it hard.

if you want something that's a depressant, that you can use regularly, i'd probably recommend using different kinds of depressants and having really strict rules about how you use them.

like, kratom but only once a week, xanax only once a week, painkillers only once a month, something like that. you could rotate through them, but if you keep the rules strict enough you could avoid addiction and tolerance.

exactly. did it happen suddenly for you too? one minute I was 22 or 23 or so and could put away 10 beers and 15 shots or whatever and feel fine by lunch the next day.

I'll look into the intestinal and heart conditions, thanks. I take 50mg of 5htp on its own with juice away from any other proteins. My migraines are daily without it and the medications are harsh.

I don't think my dopamine production is a problem, I tested l-tyrosine for a while and the effects made me realise my receptors could use a boost not the dopamine. Any advice on boosting those? I take cdp choline.

Actually reading my own words, I should probably cut down on the supplements and stop trying to hack my brain!

If weed makes you freak, then maybe drugs aren't your thing.

it's all about access. it blows my mind sometimes how I put up with as harsh a drug as booze when you can get almost the same effect from a little tablet of benzos but we do it because theres a liquor store on every corner. i think the secret might lie in weed in terms of finding something that gets you fucked up with no severe hangover. i just don't know how to overcome the anxiety of the high

i did the nootropics thing pretty hard a couple years back. i've gradually cut down. the only things i supplement regularly now are magnesium, fish oil, vitamin D, and a solid multivitamin.

if you haven't tried any of the racetams yet, those are a pretty neat class. i got the best results from piracetam and noopept.

i also got pretty good results from taking bacopa, but not until after having taken it for like a month or two. but it was really neat, i could remember conversations really well with people. i'd be like "oh yeah you told me about that last week" and people would be like "what the fuck."

there magic mushrooms that give a similar feeling to being drunk

can't remember the name of them though

absolutely. it's a supply thing, and i'd say it's an information thing.

people get told "drugs are bad" when they're growing up, "but alcohol and tobacco aren't so bad because you can just buy those, all the other ones tho those are really bad"

people don't do research, they don't learn about what drugs do and how they work.

so you have all these people "man you do so-and-so drug? that shit's going to kill you" but they'll finish a sixpack no problem.

there are loads of drugs out there, and who knows which one would be the one that works for you, but the way things are nowadays, it's hard to get your hands on safe, pure drugs.

i think as weed gets more and more accepted, it'll definitely help push things like alcohol out of the way. but for you specifically, i think weed just isn't for some people. i've got a friend, can't stand it. she says when she smokes she's just waiting for it to be over so she can be normal again. i know another dude who literally stays high every waking hour because it works for his pain.

I didn't get a hangover until I was 30 then they got worse every year. I rarely drink now, but when I do I have managed to avoid them. I used to get the same problems as you except for memory issues.

Stop drinking about 5hrs before you sleep, your body doesn't go into deep sleep with it in your system. Hence the shitty sleep. It drains your body of electrolytes, which is why you get muscle cramps. Take a rehydration powder for diarrhoea and some magnesium.

These are just band aids, there's much worse being done to your body than these superficial symptoms.

Same. I miss being able to get drunk and have it not totally destroy you for a day or two.

Dude that is SO MUCH 5htp.

I blame longevity forums, I went way down the rabbit hole with those guys. I took piracetam a long time ago, but I didn't know about the choline needed. I have a huge tub in storage somewhere I don't know how well it keeps, but it's well packaged.

Tried modafinil to get me through an intense period of maths exams. Worked very well, but was constantly nauseous so I stopped when I was done.

A Quercetin/bromelain/c combo cured my allergies which were so bad I was on steroids to control them. I'm always looking for a natural way to avoid prescription meds, they do as much harm as good most of the time. Wish I had your knowledge.

Why did you stop taking bacopa?

you dudes ought to try to get your hands on GHB. it's hard as fuck to find but sometimes you can. it's very similar to alcohol. they prescribe it as a sleep aid nowadays.

you used to be able to buy kits and make it by the gallon. take like a capful or two and get shitfaced.

body builders would take it because it increases growth hormone, and you sleep like a baby afterwards.

it's literally alcohol but better in every way.

hard as fuck to find, but if someone mentions it, keep an eye out. really neat drug.

Keep telling yourself that, friendo

Never tried it but can't you get high on oxygen? I also felt buzzed after going scuba diving, but that's a gas mix under high pressure

name a better drug than andys logs
>protip grow up

Second this. I really liked this one, although I took it in the GBL form. Its really hard to get the dose right but when you do it's like the best kind of drunk.

I used to take it to power nap if I had a bunch of stuff to do. You sleep an hour or two, then wake up feeling like you had the best 8hrs sleep! I miss that stuff.

i mean most of the stuff i know i've learned through wikipedia articles and things like that. i'm just really passionate about biochemistry and spend a lot of free time learning about these things.

nootropics are a cool thing to play with, because it's like actually changing the way your body works. like you can pick and choose substances that change your day to day life. it's crazy.

i take amphetamine regularly, but i really cannot recommend that. it's a bad habit that becomes an addiction. i get them prescribed, but seriously they are not worth it.

i don't know really. i bought a bunch of the powder in bulk and just quit capping the stuff because i never decided to sit down and do it.

so then i just ran out of pills and that was it. no reason in particular. i'd take it again. one of the few nootropics that actually gave me a noticeable change in performance.

actually though, you know now that i think about it, there was a downside. it made me not give a shit about much. like, i wouldn't get bothered by shit people said, or deadlines, things like that. sounds good, but getting bothered by things is a part of motivation, and not having that meant i had a bit of trouble motivating myself.

truth. idk I also think you have to develop a solid tolerance to enjoy weed. like make yourself very comfortable and safe and just blast your brain with as much thc as you can over a long weekend and go from there. if half a puff on a joint puts you on your ass listening to your hair grow it's a little uncomfortable. once it takes a few hits to get mildly high but still be functional, you're having fun

What experience are you looking for?

Nitrous oxide is lots if fun and very trippy. Fast come down, feel normal after an hour.

Pure lsd or mescaline are good psychs with little to no hangover depending on dose.

Pop a few benedryls lolol

the thing i notice is you get like this "haze" effect when you do it regularly. you only really notice when you quit smoking. when you quit, you sort of retrospectively notice that you weren't paying attention to things as much.

i don't know it's a bit hard for me to put into words. i used to smoke nearly every day and after quitting that "haze" was pretty apparent to me.

different forms of weed feel differently too. yeah yeah sativa and indica, but even just making it into butter and eating it feels differently. it's like a slower, couch-locky high that gradually builds up, as opposed to the instant high you get from smoking.

Xanax

/thread

its true, some gasses are narcotic under pressure or some shit but diving 30+ feet using scuba gear is not practical for me to unwind after work unfortunately. kek the US should make diving illegal because all highs outside of alcohol are sins except if you drink around other people/ make a lot of noise when drunk then thats also an sin

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_narcosis

i need something to make me not sober in the evenings because being sober just makes me obsess over drinking and be antsy and bored and want to do something. i exercise daily and eat right. lsd/mescaline is too big a time commitment for me and nitrous makes me feel retarded the next day

I took some synthetic type amphetamine, ethylphenidate. Agree with you on it not being worth it. Gave that up after a few months. Took a while for my brain to recover.

Damn too bad about the motivation, no use in increasing performance if you have no motivation to reap the benefits. I have problems with motivation too, it takes a lot to increase it. Fasting a day a week and exercise work better than anything I've taken. Also making a small achievement into a big deal psychologically. Something small like cleaning up my place, I'll kinda pump my fist and say yes it's done! and absorb the dopamine reward. Works kinda like NLP.

i know exactly what you mean, I notice it with alcohol as well if I drink every day. even on days or parts of the day whrre I'm sober I'm still kind of in a haze but when you stop you really notice. I think it's kinda nice

no access
>thread resumed

That one does look blissful, but I cant face the withdrawal from that. I have tapered off benzos before and it's hell. If I had a lifetime supply, I'd definitely be on that one.

Well it sounds like you have some underlying issues if weed makes you paranoid and your mind/body is craving alcohol. I would definitely suggest trying to utilize a psychedelic experience try and fix it. Then you would be much free and happier.

But if you think it's just about boredom I would recommend Xanax or lyrica

i'm reluctant to say something like "poppy seed tea" because it's literally morphine and codeine in water.

it's as addictive as morphine, and if you use it even once a week you're going to gradually get addicted to it.

it's pretty good if you can control yourself, but i mean every addict thinks they can control themselves, you know?

>2018
>not buying drugs off the internet

Who are all you people?

I've tripped my sack off on lsd and shrooms, never really changed anything besides i felt some really neat experiences but i had to concentrate really hard on not freaking out. maybe i do have underlying issues but doesn't everyone sort of?

fuck me dude the worst withdrawals. it takes so fucking long and its just awful mentally.

looked into it, too complicated to pull off without getting robbed arrested as far as I'm concerned. i prefer good old fashioned friend of a friend deals

Try getting a tank of pure oxygen then. No need to dive. Try it and report back to us.

Well, like any tool, it depends on how you use it. Most modern westerners use psychedelics for recreation, which is awesome and i do for sure, but there is techniques that can be applied to truly have life long beneficial impacts.

There's one called 5-meo-dalt, legal in some places. Its a little like lsd, but only lasts a couple of hours. First time I took it, I was watching under the dome. Realky shitty show, then the 5 map kicked it and it turned into some kinda masterpiece!

You get a variety of images and effects, sometimes everything looks so colourful and vivid. Then it will change and look like a beautiful animation. Kinda like lad in that way. The speech of the actors starts slowing down in a dreamlike state, then it switches and it's like everything gets sped up. Very fun few hours anyway. No hangover.

yea i guess washing down a few tabs with your buddies and saying hehe i see fucked up shit isn't exactly laying the groundwork for a spiritual experience
lel no

So fucking long indeed. Going from that last tapered lowest dose to nothing was the hardest part for me. Some people do it too fast and get seizures and shit, it's crazy doctors don't warn you. I still miss them, but not going through that again.

AYAHUASCA CEREMONY

Spin around like a whirling dervish. Enter a trance like state. Go on long trip. Profit.

i just knocked over my bookshelf and shattered my flatscreen thanks asshole

yea but ur fucking spun mate. enjoy ur trip.

Exactly. And sure some people are forcefully thrust into an existential experience that reshaped their perception of the world around them forever, but that's not the norm, at least with standard dosages. Usually it comes in bits and pieces with each experience gradually forming a clearer picture that can allows us to exist in this weird reality more peacefully.

How about an isolation tank?

I can't drink or smoke anymore. I take half a Dramamine to chill me out. If I take more I feel it the next day. Melatonin is ok, but I like Dramamine better

Hell yeah gramps

thats delving into the territory of considering chamomile tea a drug, it just ain't gonna get my rocks off m8.
i tried that once when i was an opiate fiend to take the edge off. is it actually worth it from a baseline sober

Hahaha

I think I had my existential experience when I nearly died. My perception was completely altered. I still get revelations on lsd tho. Mostly my shitty behaviour. The insight it gives you into yourself is very valuable. Made me a better person.

Ahh I see, that's awesome then. Have you tried benedryls? Like 4 of them. Or maybe cough syrup. Easily available but hangover can vary.

for sure. it's advocated among heroin users because it'll hold you over when you don't have H, but it's no joke morphine.

takes a bit to find your dose, but i've nodded on it no problem. the biggest problem i think is that since there are so many different opioids in it, it's really easy to get addicted to that specific feeling it gives you.

i do it once a month, and even then I can feel a sort of tolerance to it. i've got to take a bit more to get nodding.

Ketamine. Do it every now and again, get really fucked up a few times for good measure. Don't do it too often. Never had a hangover or any ill effects off of just taking it without other substances and I used to do that frequently.

the health food store near me has poppy seeds in a big bin. will those work or do i need to order a certain kind. also, how do you make a batch. the time i did it was when me and a friend of mine ran out of H (we were sniffers never shot) and we mixed like a shit ton of poppy seeds in a 2 gallon water jug and each drank 1 red solo cup of the greyish shit liquid

you need to get "unwashed" poppy seeds. there's a subreddit about it that probably has good brands. I got a big sack of them from amazon a while ago and i'm still working through it. "simply nuts" brand but i dunno if they're still good.

most places sell washed seeds, which gets rid of all the morphine. there are loads of ways to make it. i think some people just pour the fuckers into a water bottle and shake it up, drink the whole thing with the seeds in it. or you can do it like tea and simmer the seeds in water for a while, and strain the seeds out.

always tastes like shit, but the effect is worth it imo.

Dank

gradually. I'm older, so you expect your abilities to go down. Plus my whiskey drinking has gone up.
Now its 1 drink ends up being a whole bottle. That's really the problem - snowball effect multiplied by old age

idk what's wrong with my ass, I'm only 25 and i can't handle booze anymore. I'm the same way though, there's no 1 or two or three drinks its none of the whole bottle and usually the bottle. but yea total destruction the next day. i think its time to switch to weed

I take magnesium and electrolytes and banannas like crazy but it does nothing.

as for sleep - fuck - when I start the booze the next thing I know is 4am and I've been YouTube surfing for 8 hours.

For now I am able to *mostly* limit it to Friday or Sat night. Hangovers are so bad I rarely drink on Sat night. Gave up going to football games on Sunday bc the tailgating was all beer for 10 hours and I was a wastoid on Monday then Tuesday.

The cycle is fucking me up tho - feel like death Sat & sun, bad on Mon, weak on Tues, better on Wed, good on thurs, great on Friday - full of energy fuck yeah lets party woo!! Then repeat.

see this is why i shat out this thread, there's gotta be a better way than alcohol. within reason i don't think its wrong to use some kind of substance to blow off steam on weekends but the damage alcohol does is fucking unreasonable. i know exactly the cycle you're talking about, always recovering from booze or feeling fine enough to take the dive again.

that has been my thinking for a few years but I just don't like weed that much.
Some brownies I have either make me FUBAR (bad) or do nothing - can't predict.
Regular weed is meh to me.
Whiskey or Tequila are fuel for me to party and listen to music all night long. Only fun I have during the week, but that heavy price.

try other drugs. there are loads of them. why keep doing the same thing expecting shit to change?

being a cuckold is the ultimare drug