What is your favorite giallo film?

What is your favorite giallo film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L2eknxl-A84
youtube.com/watch?v=KpCwveF0vcw
torrent.cd/9af326be5b3ade114e70dc1440e03ba647af38ea/Blood.and.Black.Lace.1964.1080p.Bluray.Dual.DTS.x264 GCJM.torrent
torrentfunk.com/torrent/10871525/blood-and-black-lace-1964-720p-fapcave.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like the Argento films that aren't giallo though.

But Bird with Crystal Plumage is godtier.

youtube.com/watch?v=L2eknxl-A84

Why was inferno so mediocre compared to Suspiria?

Was the 2000's 3 sister movie good?

The sandman hopefully will be great, I hope the silent hill OST artist will make some great music for it

mixed feelings

Is Inferno really that mediocre or are people confusing preference with quality again?

Dude, that shits nothing compared to Amer

It didn't really feel all that inspired to me, started out pretty well but aside from a couple scenes it was pretty generic.

I mean, Suspiria is pretty generic too but it pulls it off.

Phenomena
>dat Connelly/Pleasance dynamic (duo)

That was shit. Soundtrack was dope tho.

I quite liked it.

so, what makes a film "giallo"? is it just any Italian horror movie made in a certain time period or is there more to it than that?

Inferno was better than Suspira for me. The 3rd one is pure shit though. There's a few good ideas, but the execution is abysmal.

If you're Italian, Giallo means thriller, basically. Can be slasher, supernatural, mystery, etc.

For non-Italian, a Giallo is a stylish European murder mystery. More or less. The stylish part is the most important aspect of it.

well, hopefully the sandman is good then

100% this, but crystal plumage and blood & black lace are also god tier

>so, what makes a film "giallo"?
the bad guys wear suits and ties, leather gloves, and luchador masks

>Iron Maiden soundtrack
would have been so much better with Goblin

thanks m8

Anybody love Opera? youtube.com/watch?v=KpCwveF0vcw

Literally
>muh Goblin
But what else do I expect from Sup Forums?

the bullet through the spyhole was brilliant but the rest was whatever, especially the shitty ending

And they turn out to actually be women

Not like that, user.

The Donald Duck voice in New York Ripper was really creepy

Usually it's distinguished by a mystery plot and extended, bloody murder sequences

legit just started watching these, can someone recommend me some good ones?

Watched Bird with the Crystal Plumage and Deep Red so far

The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Blood and Black Lace
A Bay of Blood
The House with Laughing Windows
A Lizard in a Woman's Skin
Tenebrae
Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key
What Have You Done to Solange?

I loved Inferno, not quite as much as Suspiria but still. There are some amazing sequences - the underwater part, the old guy with the microphone towards the end, the witch reveal finale. All fantastic stuff.

I love how they're going through with the Suspiria remake despite Argento having shat on it

hey, you're a cool user

I just looked that up, man the trailer has his quacking the entire time. It looks pretty fun though, I love italian takes on new york detectives.

Too bad none of these are on any public torrent trackers.

not joking, have you tried youtube?

they are though, you just arent looking hard enough

name one and I'll find a public tracker in less than a minute

I doubt the quality is good.

I tried finding some months ago and gave up desu. Also, no seeds. I guess I could try harder.

Blood and Black Lace

Italian horror film typically shot in technicolor with really exaggerated dramatic lighting, more often than not deeply tinted with blue or red hues. Eccentric set design. Think stylistically surreal.

here you go

torrent.cd/9af326be5b3ade114e70dc1440e03ba647af38ea/Blood.and.Black.Lace.1964.1080p.Bluray.Dual.DTS.x264 GCJM.torrent

or if you want one with more seeders but lower quality

torrentfunk.com/torrent/10871525/blood-and-black-lace-1964-720p-fapcave.html

I went on a Dario Argento binge earlier this year.

I'm saving Inferno for a special occasion.

Apparently it is way worse than Phenomena, suspiria or Deep Red, but the trailer looks so good to me hahaha.

Where should I go after Argento , bros?
what are the best picks from Bava and Fulci's filmographies ?

Maybe not my favorite, but I enjoyed The Strange Color of your body's tears. I didn't care for the end, or rather how everything tied together, but the journey there was intense

Thanks.

>Bava
>best picks
Difficult question, he has so much good shit. Honestly anything horror/thriller related that he directed is worth watching, but my personal favorites are:

The Whip and the Body
Lisa and the Devil
Blood and Black Lace
Black Sunday

>Fulci
To be perfectly honest I'm not a fan. A Lizard in a Woman's Skin is great but the rest of his filmography is spotty. Don't Torture a Duckling is watchable

I would recommend the works of Sergio Martino over Fulci. Try The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh

Who /Jesus Franco/ here?