How does one get a job?

How does one get a job?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vSA-E7h4hrg
youtube.com/watch?v=qthj5YUmek4
youtube.com/watch?v=siAbiwPyccg
usa.user-ib.su/ny/res/223520.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go in and ask for an application you dumb faggot.

Bump for interest. I have an engineering degree and have done over 100 job applications over the last year and have only heard back from one company and they asked me for my expected salary, and I said 40k and then never heard back from them.

Most places don't take applications in person anymore. But thanks anyway

It's almost as if what you're asking for is too high...

Apply online

get gud

you must have a shit gpa. go back to college and get gud or kys

I've applied to hundreds of places online over the last couple of months. I've got fuckall back expect for maybe a couple of dud interviews

Catch a felony and get put on probation. The threat of jail worked for me

That was the only one ever that asked for a value. No others had salary expectations. Average starting salaries for engineers are 68k in my state.

I walked into my current job, asked for hours. Hired that day. Trained the next two days. Worked my ass off and two other people were fired by week 2 and I got all their hours. Shit's fucking easy if you have work ethic...and are white I guess...LOL

Bro. Intern, you entitled shit

3.8/4.0 is a pretty good GPA

40k isnt too unreasonable considering its way below the average salary

When I was a GM, I fucking hated when people called asking "y'all hiring?"

Or people walking in with fucking pajamas on asking for a job. Dress nice, have a resume, and look the hiring manager in the eye. Shit's not hard. Submit your shit online and it'll get lost in the sauce.

Send your resume in, then actually go there and speak to the hiring manager. Stop being lazy.

then dont be a beta cuck in the interview. learn to network. and pick a better industry my fucking god what kind of shit industry has engineers starting at $40k? gtfo of that

As a male who was a hiring manager for Wendy's that girl is definitely on the right track...

Tutorial here OP

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vSA-E7h4hrg
There you go mufucker

youtube.com/watch?v=qthj5YUmek4

>m 24
>be me
>mechanical engineering degree
>graduated at 22
>land first job making 140k

I did it and so can you

youtube.com/watch?v=siAbiwPyccg

Would you recommend going in even if it says "Apply online only" / "no phone calls" etc.?

Where do you work? (y'all hiring electrical engineers?)

That helps a bit. thanks i guess

>m 31
>using GI Bill to go to college for computer networking
>going to spend next 4 years earning 1600 a month, plus part time job
>take home 3k while going to college

BTW...anyone know median salary of 4yr computer networker?

Offices in Denver, Dallas, Charlotte, Seattle, Chicago, and a couple others. Unfortunately I think we're "right sizing" at the moment.

In that case, just say you didn't see it. You make a good impression, hand in a hard copy of your resume, you'll stick out. That's what you want. When someone sees your resume they go "hmm...that dude/dudette walked in and seemed to have their shit together."

Plus, references. Network with people like previous user said. Know people who know people who can put good words in for you. Don't put family or immediate friends as references. If you can, make sure references have affixes like Prof. or MD or some shit like that.

What if I don't have a resume?

Alright, so let's say your resume has practically nothing on it except a bio of yourself basically. And you have no friends that are in those positions of knowing people to use as references.
How to proceed?
I'm not the above user, but I've tried resumes, applications in person and online, talking to managers, and combinations of all the above. Nothing is working.

You're killing me smalls. Fucking get a resume together. Keep it to one page, cater EACH resume to EACH job you're applying to. Do not copy and paste that shit for each job. If one job focuses on one aspect over another, make sure your resume shows relevance to that.

You have no idea how important your resume is. Get your shit together user. Plenty of free online sources/ youtube videos/ free classes you can take. Or get one of your friends/family who is successful and get their help putting it together.

Yeah that seems to be the case, I think I might have graduated into a saturated market. I've tried to drop a few resumes off in person and the receptionist tells me to apply online. But then I ask if they are actually hiring, and lots of companies have postings online, but they have already been filed and they just leave them up.

Ok cool, I've been in to a few, but I'll just keep going in. Do you recommend just attaching a reference page to my coverletter+resume?

post more of her and i'll send you $50 on paypal

This doesn't work, applications go to HR and they are always lazy shits that don't look at their applications.

This sucks but you need mostly luck and connections. I've sent in dozens of applications online and in person for over a year and never got a response except once when I caught someone on the line; they listed 20 openings with various positions and they stopped hiring after getting 2 interns.
I've asked employed friends, professors and department heads at various lab branches and it is a resounding "luck and contacts" situation unless you solve a millennium prize problem or get in through gender and race quotas (no joke a lab I was applying to has recently needed to stop internships to have a minority program). If you're a student then get internships, also try to make friends with people working in companies you're interested in, getting them to deliver a resume is better than trying to wade through HR bullshit.

(I lucked my way into a part time job not through applications but sheer chance by weeding while someone was weeding my neighbors yard. We said hello, I mentioned my need for a job, they're apparently a lightning researcher and just got a huge grant and took me on immediately. It's all fucking luck)

This guy knows what he's talking about. You can also get free templates online and then you just fill in the details.

A resume with no previous job experience?

do both, apply online, then walk in a day or two latter looking nice and ask if you can speak to the hiring manager. nicely explain what you just did to sorta preempt the go away 'aply online' thing'

then sorta act like its an interview even though it isn't. talk man to man, if they are 'not hiring', ask if they expect seasonal work or something coming up later. you know eager beaver shit. sau thank you, handshake all that.

You need to diversify. Do community work (relevant to what job you're picking or the position (i.e. looking for management so include extracurricular activity involving leading/managing people).

Most important part is keeping your resume simple, yet conveying what you know, what you can do, and why you would fit the job. I have maybe...2 paragraphs worth of words on my resume and a total of 12 years of shit on it and it all fits on one page.

And even after you write up your resume, even if you can somehow get a meet and greet with the hiring manager, you're competing with dozens or even hundreds of others. Best you can do is stand our as much as possible.

40k is piss for any engineering firm and the tactic is always to avoid saying a price or say and unreasonable high one, like 200k to force them to negotiate.

If you're out of school most places wont let you intern.

Keep it simple. References somewhere near the bottom of your page. No more than 3. NEVER make your resume more than 1 page. Most people looking over resumes take less than 10 seconds to decide if they want to put it in the "keep" pile or "discard" pile. Don't risk boring them or making them read more than they need to.

>this
How do you get job experience without previous job experience?

You gotta find ways to make things look better than they are. If you never had a job, but you've done some random things then make it sound like a job. For example if you've ever done house repairs, say you did home renovations with a private contractor and say it took like 4 months or something.

Appreciate the advice.
I can work on the resume to make that part work. The community work is tricky because travel is a problem til I have income and my area has no bus system, but that's what I'll see to second.
I do some "volunteer tech support" already, so I have that to work with at least.
Anyway, thanks.

In place of job experience, offer real world experience. Don't forget extracurricular activities too. Get out and volunteer and do shit that's relevant to the job you're applying to if at all possible.

be mobile
go to a place that needs people
go to vancouver go to the get a job agency - free forklift training for free from them then get a job minimum 17/hr more if you dont mind heights
well maybe not vancouver since rent is a rapefest here but same plan somewhere else

Be careful "fluffing" your resume. Don't stretch shit out too much or it will be noticeable like you're trying too hard. If you're applying to a job and you have done something similar, add it. If what you did has no fucking relevance, do not add it just to "fluff" up your resume.

>make resume
>proceed to apply to every job one can do (online/store windows/w.e)
>hope to get called back
>get called for interview
>don't cuss, wear office casual
>hopefully get hired

Redpill time:
People don't actually have jobs. Nobody works or does anything. People just leave the house and go somewhere for a while, jack off and come back. The time is made more inviolable by referring to it as "work". Nobody does anything, everything just takes care of itself.

Ok for sure thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can find a way to make my resume pop.

Perhaps using comic sans and windings in the headers will catch their attention

this is true.

*fired

>comic sans

You're already fired...

>comic sans
I would throw your resume away without reading it and I'm nice compared to most human resource workers that need to shovel through all the paperwork shit.

post more of this little slut and i'll tell you.

>I have an engineering degree and have done over 100 job applications over the last year and have only heard back from one company and they asked me for my expected salary, and I said 40k and then never heard back from them.

Good engineering jobs are hard to find. Especially right out of school. I got the "expected salary" question when I landed an interview for my dream job. I answered "I'll work for you for two weeks, minimum wage, and then we can revisit this question again".
Got the job.
Started me at $55k.

Build a awesome resume or just go to schooling. I went to culinary arts course that lasted like 4 months. Now I have a job at my local hockey stadium working 14.62 hour as a entry level cook

You can do better. Waffle House cooks start at 14/hr. You got that kind of time and experience don't wait, start looking for ways to move up or out of there.

No real world experience here either...
Looks like I'm fucked

Hockey puck

If you really have no experience and can't find a job, just lie about a lot of shit, and by the time they realize it either it won't be worth firing and replacing you, or you'll get fired and then have a good place to put on your resume (you won't be able to use them as a reference though). Fake it till you make it right?

The lack of experience really is a killer. I've been told to lie quite a few times. Will do this if all else above fails. I need a job or some kind of income so. Yeah.

Thats a very nice tit, any more OP?

You're in a world flooded with lazy, entitled Millennials.
show them you aren't one of those and you'll get the job every time. A good manual labor job on your resume' makes it 100 times less likely to get tossed.

You are my favorite OP of all time, thanks

buttertats

Jesus titty fucking christ checkd & fapped

usa.user-ib.su/ny/res/223520.html
The annon ib thread for anyone wanting more of the gril

be good at something and/or be willing to work shhhit jobs

One avoids it and lives off his trust fund while snorting cocaine from the boobs of his large breasted ubusy PA

>Don't have visible tatts, especially face and neck
>Wash, shave and present yourself like you give a fuck
>Know someone who will give you an introduction (actually the most important thing)
>Research the employer, know something about what they do before you get there.
>Have a SHORT CV. Just the relevant things, a CV is there to start a conversation to see if you are a fit for their workplace.
> Be able to string together more than two words, but don't babble like a retard either. Make the interviewer comfortable in the conversation and you will have tripled your chances.
>Keep trying, keep applying and don't give up.
>Do volunteer work if all else fails. This will give you both skills and show a future employer that you actually give a fuck and like to work.
>Don't be a whiny shitbag.

Thanks. All advice is appreciated

>Send your resume in, then actually go there and speak to the hiring manager
Don't know where you live but pretty much impossible here.

You can send in your resume (pointless) but not visit in person. If anything they get annoyed when you show up and tell you to apply online.
Which you already did but got no response...

>>Don't have visible tatts, especially face and neck
Oops too late.
>>Wash, shave and present yourself like you give a fuck
Will never shave my beard.
>>Know someone who will give you an introduction (actually the most important thing)
I have no friends.
>>Research the employer, know something about what they do before you get there.
Couldn't give a shit.
>>Have a SHORT CV. Just the relevant things, a CV is there to start a conversation to see if you are a fit for their workplace.
No CV is good right?
>> Be able to string together more than two words, but don't babble like a retard either.
I have a speech impediment
>>Make the interviewer comfortable in the conversation and you will have tripled your chances.
I make people uncomfortable simply by being in the same room
>>Keep trying, keep applying and don't give up.
Ok, I'll stalk them.
>>Do volunteer work if all else fails. This will give you both skills and show a future employer that you actually give a fuck and like to work.
That's only for kids here.
>>Don't be a whiny shitbag.
I don't whine.

moaaaar

It seems like your avoiding saying what type of engineering

thanks m8