ITT movies that aren't perfect but are 10/10 when it comes to comfyness

ITT movies that aren't perfect but are 10/10 when it comes to comfyness

Also while we're at it, are there any similar movies to ninth gate? Related to occultism but without going too deep into mindless sects?

Rosemary's Baby

Not many now that I think of it maybe Hellraiser?

Premium comfy

The Count of Monte Cristo with Jesus, Dumbledore, and Guy Pearce.

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Uncle Buck

Check out Angel Heart, OP

The VVitch
The Devils
The Prince Of Darkness
The Wicker Man

Looks pretty good, gonna check it out.

Anything by Karel Zeman
Krull

It was always a movie I can just turn on and just watch the whole way through.
I must have seen it 30+ times the year it came out.
Second one isn't as good though.
Shame they won't make a Kick-Ass 3.
Not sure if I want it anymore anyway with how Chloe is looking nowadays.

Krull is comfy as fuck, as are many 80's sword and sorcery movies

pic related

The Ninth Gate and Basquiat for me. I watch one of these about once a month and feel terribly depressed after. It's comfy while I'm watching tho.

Jingle all the way is top tier comfy

You said it before me. Great film.

A movie about old hand-bound books and the Devil?

Maximum comfiness.

Are there any worth a warch though? They all seem pretty low-score on Imdb and as shit that site is, something having below 6 is a serious warning.

Yes, they are worth a watch. Honestly I take IMDB ratings with a grain of salt. Those sword-and-sorcery films many not be great classics of cinema, but they're a good time

Comfy as fuck

love that movie, and the only movie where Meg Ryan actually comes off as likable

Meg Ryan was the GOAT waifu

The Serpent and the Rainbow for occultism. Not as good as Angel Heart though.

The Tenant, Eyes Wide Shut and Birth. None of these movies have anything related to occultism but they are comfy as fuck. Also Frantic, Ronin, Nikita and Diva which, again had nothing in common except that 'it happens in Europe' comfy feeling.

Dans la maison for some comfy/hypnotic.

>the only movie where Meg Ryan
>I M P L Y I N G

The House of the Devil and The Innkeepers. Retro horror movies, not perfect also pretty basic and slow but comfy.

Femme Fatale and Mission Impossible for eurocomfiness.

Agreed

Also Amadeus

Literally none of those

forgot about that one, okay two movies

you never know how many literal plebs are watching and rating kino

Also Valmont

Incorrect.

When a movie reaches depths like 3.8 or 4.5, you can be pretty much certain it's shit. Even plebs can discern low quality of that magnitude..

Also
>using kino unironically

just looking at the ratings is worthless, dig a bit deeper and check out the internal and external reviews

the opinions of people who actually take the time to write out their opinions instead of just clicking a fucking button are always worth more

>IIII

>VIIII

Underrated movie but his next-door neighbour is one of the worst people ever to live next to.

Looks like they put out the fire

Who lived next door, Art or Rumsfield?

i like your recs! do you have any more for comfy/hypnotic or some horror stuff?
The Tenant is awesome, will check out Frantic, Birth and Dans La Maison...

Funny Games
The Truman Show
Fallen Angels

number 1 comf

Sherlock?

>An epic of epic epicness.
>>reddit

quite comfy

>ITT movies that aren't perfect but are 10/10 when it comes to comfyness

describes interstellar perfectly

it was the original nu-male flick of the 2010s before nu-males were annoying or before anyone even knew the term. it was fun for its time.

This.

>defiant Esperanto speaking

>>>reddit
Explain what your actual complaint with the film is.

Sure man.

For horror, Don't Look Now, Sisters, Cure(1997) and The Mothman Prophecies.

For hypnotic, Obssesion(1976) but I warn you that it's a slow movie.

For just comfy, Subway(1985).

i dont think there is any other movie that resolves around plot of book hunter looking for something akin to satanic necronomicon for rich guy

t. cuck

>in 99% of scenes with books people are smoking without giving a shit about damage done to rare books
i don't even mind because the movie is indeed unnaturally comfy

awesome, i know "don't look now" and mothman, i love both of them... will check out the rest! always heard about possession being good. do you happen to have a letterboxd profile?

no

dude, watch Into the Mouth of Madness. its the exact type of comfy you seek

those are all 10/10

Movies set in Asia are always comfy for me.

If they are from the 70-90s then that's extra comfiness.

So you didn't watch it and are just parroting the bandwagon opinion, or else are too stupid to describe your opinions?

>So you didn't watch it and are just parroting the bandwagon opinion, or else are too stupid to describe your opinions?
breh Sup Forums is not for serious discussion
it's for memes

How do I become a millionaire and collect handcrafted books?

Sometimes movies in the region of 5-6 have hidden charms, but 95% of the time they really just suck.

A thread dedicated to that film JUST died, right before I got to submit a long-ass reply
Hate when that happens

>dat ending
Truly one of the greatest endings in cinematic history.

>The Prince Of Darkness
Was just about to post this.

Hey don't get real with me motherfucker, I'm allowed to get triggered when people say "reddit" because they're too lazy to write out actual opinions.

don't carepost

But there's already no point to this, to post without caring at all is terrifying to me.

The 13th Warrior

1. Breathe in.
2. Breathe out and repeat 1.

The name of the rose

comfyness + books

Was he a cuck?

yes

It bothered me through the whole thing when I thought about it on a second viewing.

Came here to post the same. It may not be hugely faithful to the book, but it is maximum comfy.

yes

man this film.

literally every time I catch it when it's on I have to sit and watch the whole thing.

maximum comfy and always makes me want to read more and start collecting books.

it's just the warm feeling from all the book cases, old carpet and intrigue

Man from Earth
That cabin comfycomfcomf

>Explain what your actual complaint with the film is.
It promotes cuckoldry and degeneracy. Main character is a typical beta male who decides to fight against all guys the slut he's in love with fucked so he can maybe get some sloppy seconds, instead of realizing that disgusting sluts shouldn't be worth anyone's time.
It teaches nu-males that promiscuous women are prizes worth being fought over, instead of damaged goods they are and were back in the day.

this

That's one way of interpreting the story, but I see it rather as a manboy's struggle to overcome his inferiority complex, which he does in the end by coming to terms with who he is.

Fuck yeah, Subway. Such a fun movie.

all is lost
literally the comfiest movie of all time

the name of the rose