Hey Sup Forums, Mother wants to speak with you

Hey Sup Forums, Mother wants to speak with you.

more like mother fucker amirite

why did the interior of Prometheus look more advanced, even tho it took place years before the events depicted in Alien?

Yeah, we gotta talk

About the bonus situation

m-mummy?

Because tech gets better in real life.

Hey Sup Forums, tell me where is Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him.

A BALROG OF MORGOTH

WHAT DID YOU SAY?

Because Ridley a hack and can't be arsed to get the same shit he had for Alien.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?

I'm willing to believe that the Prometheus ship was the top of the line private company shipb while the Nostromo was just a shit junker.

Plus bonus situation.

This was such a cringeworthily derivative film for the reddit generation

the nostromo was the equivalent of a big shitty truck floating through space
the prometheus was high tech as fuck due to company privately organising everything
also weyland himself was onboard that thing

what did he mean by this

Mother, do you think they'll drop the bomb?

Despite technological advancement, the rationale was to use more simple and reliable equipment for long haul space voyages.

Despite being large and clunky, the tools on the Nostromo had multiple redundancies and fail safes. Much more endurable and power efficient too.

As has been said, the Prometheus was a one off, supership which could ignore costs and house hi-tech equipment without jeopardising reliability.

XD

Ooooh aah, mother should I build the wall?

>mother should I run for president?

EY WHY DON'T THEY JUST FREEZE HIM

In the original theatrical cut, we visit Mother's secure access terminal-point, or "inner chamber" three times:

In the beginning, Dallas sips his coffee, sits down at the keyboard, and queries mother about the general situation. We quickly cut out of the room (and don't actually see the pertinent information flashing onto that tiny screen in the far distance), but Dallas immediately relates what Mother has told him, but which was unseen for us. This plus Ash's dialogue subtly establishes that Mother is a special access computer, for the captain/senior staff only. Only the captain is allowed to talk to it. Even WE haven't actually seen the important bits of what Mother said, yet.

In the middle of the film, once the threat is present and understood, Dallas again queries Mother for advice on how to kill the alien; Mother is opaque, and totally unhelpful. This time we are able to be present in the room for Dallas and Mother interacting a bit like "characters", even though it's only Dallas keying away at a command line. This good scene was cut from the "Director's Cut", and can be argued to be a bit of dead weight, but it's a helpful scene in that it illustrates that Mother is being unhelpful, and gives one of our lead actors a peaceful moment to himself before he gets got.

Kicking off the third act, and kicking it into high gear, the THIRD time we visit Mother is when the big reveal comes down. When all three of these sequences are present, it's a nice 1-2-3 rhythmic progression dotting the film, leading up to this "punch-line", further punctuated by how Ash somehow managing to sneak up on Ripley in the chamber. Then things are high-tension for the rest of the movie.

Mother does not actually speak until the self-destruct is actuated, and is merely a "countdown" (Helen Horton). The entire film after only Ripley is left, could be cut as a silent film, with only music. No audible dialogue of any kind is really necessary in the last part of the film.