/csg/ - Christian General: Deus Vult Edition

For all things Christian
Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants alike are welcome to discuss theology. Try to be polite.

Atheists also welcome, but try to be constructive.

Pastebin for believers and curious folk.

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Liturgical Year C, Cycle II

Today's Mass

Tenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Readings for Mass
First Reading: First Kings 17:17-24
Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11, 12, 13
Second Reading: Galatians 1:11-19
Gospel: Luke 7:11-17
Today's Rosary: The Glorious Mysteries

Good Scenes to watch

>Jesus Anime
youtube.com/watch?v=8d-uB0vaoQo
>Jesus of Nazareth Sermon on the Mount:
youtube.com/watch?v=MDCbJ4vnMNg
>Jesus chases Jews out of the Temple
youtube.com/watch?v=kEtBs6j7QgU
>Jesus gives sight to the Blind....and takes sight from those who can see
youtube.com/watch?v=pY7vamVg99E
>Roman Centurion has more faith than anyone in Israel
youtube.com/watch?v=SNLSBjYDPko

>Ben Hur scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE
youtube.com/watch?v=Fbt2UUthWg0

>Why Atheists shouldn't discourage Christianity even if they don't believe in it
youtube.com/watch?v=vqQdc0mX1_c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SxsA3J_3kEA
youtube.com/watch?v=P41kPfi8uME&index=2&list=PLiEjuGSqZK0NGKaEgieUvMPw-QRfNTtWM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for raising five christian children

second for living a life beside Christ

>catholics in america

How much of the old hebrew law still applies to us? I often see Deuteronomy and Leviticus brought up to justify labeling others as sinners (like Leviticus 18:22 against the gays, or Deuteronomy 22:5 telling women not to wear pants), but at the same time nobody gives a shit about rare steaks or sacrificial offering or mixed clothing fibres.

>not catholic

I bless every single one of you in Lord Jesus' name, regardless of your denomination.

God loves you all, let us love our neighbour as ourselves.

'Sup, Christfags. Against organized religion here, not against belief in higher power or intelligent design.

How do you find spirituality through religion? I'm sincerely curious.

>5 kids
Nice
Usually they address things they wanna change, they stopped sacraficing cow and lambs but they didn't address faggoty cuz fags still ain't welcome.

>Leviticus 18:22 against the gays

We don't have to look to Leviticus to talk about why homosexuality is degenerate.

>1 Corinthians 6:9

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,
THAT BEING SAID

The law still applies in the sense that if possible, we should try to follow the law as best we can. The Ten Commandments for example are the essential guideline.

However, since Jesus has fulfilled the Old Testament we are no longer under that law in the same way that the Hebrews were.

People find God when they look for truth. People who don't seek, don't find.

What a person does when they find God is up to the individual.

>being a pagan

>spiritual but not religious

i am sad that i will never be able to wholly describe how gay i think people sound when they say shit like this

Salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ

Amen

Why does she have a dick drawn on her face?

>Solomon is a strong sounding name in english but literally is shlomo.

>How much of the old hebrew law still applies to us?
O.T. & N.T. both command us to love, it's just that the Levitical practices for the temple and tabernacle are no longer applicable. The law doesn't apply to those who are in Christ. And those who choose to be under the law are basically unable to be right in God's sight because they are unable to be righteous on their own, and even if they could follow all their commandments, a person is still unable to be acceptable to God through works of the flesh, but by faith.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

>Against organized religion here

Please read the OP video I posted about why Atheists shouldn't discourage Christianity.

That is your answer to that.

>How do you find spirituality through religion? 'm sincerely curious.

Vid related is extremely beautiful and spiritual , and is something you would never have without Holy Orders.

youtube.com/watch?v=SxsA3J_3kEA

We are in a new covenant, so we live by grace, but some of the laws carried over. Go to YouTube and look up Tektontv, and find the playlist with Christians and Old Testament

>mfw when I ask someone what they mean by 'spiritual but not religious', and they never reply with a real response

Not to protest in favor of degeneracy, but Paul's word is not 1:1 the Word of God. At least, not as the old texts were.

All 66 books are the inspired word of God

Christianity would be semi-decent if it wasn't for universalism.

The scriptures of the Bible are inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Religion implies mandatory uniform adherence to dogma.

Spirituality implies searching for meaning of life and possibly of truth.

Religion = associated with kiddy diddling
Spirituality = passing interests in yoga, buddhism, etc.

When someone says they are spiritual but not religious, they probably mean they are looking for something to explain their inner feelings but they don't believe the answer to be in a man-made organization.

Religion is a mental illness.

Spiritual means getting in contact with your spirit, your consciousness, your "inner self".

Many ways to achieve this. You can drop DMT and explore the farthest reaches of consciousness.
You can meditate on existence and belief that nature itself is a superior being that balances every action we take.
You can mediate on the insane chances of a few atoms combining and somehow developing sentience. Given the infinite time of the existence of the universe, the "monkeys with typewriters" theory is more plausible than you think. And given that we're very close to developing AI, maybe we are a rogue AI of a higher species.

Religion closes every discussion on existence by telling you that God did everything. And the group think will always cause an "us vs. you" mentality. I'm not a part of any athiest group exactly because of that. Your spirituality is your own path to take.

It's not Biblical Christianity Jesus talks more about Hell than he does heaven

Denying God leads to absurdity

My doubt is toward everything but that there are thoughts. You know that doesn't mean I'm incapable of acting however I want, obviously.
I can have faith and doubt - they're not mutually exclusive.

Knowledge isn't an act. It's a state of affairs you need to establish as actually being the case, and can only be claimed in certainty. If you can establish certainty toward any proposition, I won't complain about it.

Thinks it's just scars
Dubs of truth

If that PRACETEOM fucking tripfag is here, give a shout out

I know what it means, I'm just saying that I find it interesting how people don't really know what they really mean when they say it.
Also, yoga is a religious Hindu act and Buddhism is a religion, but besides that I agree with everything in your post.

Cheers mate

Sundays are great.

youtube.com/watch?v=P41kPfi8uME&index=2&list=PLiEjuGSqZK0NGKaEgieUvMPw-QRfNTtWM

The eastern countries like China and Japan tend to mix religion and philosophy

CHRISTIANITY IS NOT FUCKING POLITICALLY INCORRECT

THERE IS A FUCKING CHURCH ON EVERY STREET CORNER. THERE ARE CHRISTIAN TV CHANNELS.

BEING CHRISTIAN IS A BADGE OF HONOR FOR POLITICIANS ESPECIALLY REPUBLICAN.

Correct, and we do as well.

>ESPECIALLY REPUBLICAN

m8

Yes it is

What a load of fucking bullshit.

>I can have faith and doubt
If you have faith, you trust in God's Word, correct?
If you doubt God's Word, you can't have faith, correct?

Well, I had a passing interest in yoga before I was saved because of the use of chakras, but no interest in Hinduism. I wasn't interested in worshiping animals or any of that other garbage.

it is definitely politically incorrect if you're a millennial, especially if it's traditional.

>What's the alternative to not reasoning about the extents of our reason? That's how we figure we can reject contradictory states of affairs.

The alternative is not self-refuting everything we way while we say it. That's self-contradictory on whole 'nother level of magnitude

That is, to (axiomatically) accept that you cannot know what precisely you cannot know through reason

>everything we *say

>spirituality means whatever I want it to mean

The problem with this is it's justified with feelings. Some might say everything is justified by feelings, but a meth slamming, 666, bareback fag could make claim to as much spirtuality in their feelings and actions, as yours.

I hope you can see why mans spirtuality can not be left to his own devices.

Spiritualy without Christianity is demonic

Many people don't know this, but various yoga positions are actually prayers/salutes to Hindu gods. In saying that, I do realise that you weren't into yoga for that reason.

I'm not referring to the eschatological position, I'm talking about the "one religion for everyone" phenomenon. Very egalitarian, very leftist.

It's not self refuting to say I have doubt about whether my sensory experience corresponds to reality, or whether those things I'm operating as if they were true might very well not be true.

I don't say "cannot". I'm more humble than that. I say "it appears as if I cannot".

And satanic

>I'm talking about the "one religion for everyone" phenomenon.

Anyone pushing that is knowingly or unknowingly pushing the Globalist agenda, which is Biblically Anti-Christ in its very nature.

Agreed

Freemasons are free to practice any monotheistic religion, which has traditionally been a denomination of Christianity.

Most Satanists are actually atheists, which would place them in "Absolutely Bananas Tier".

And as we all know, [spoiler]Catholics are the true heretics here.[/spoiler]

>My doubt is toward everything but that there are thoughts. You know that doesn't mean I'm incapable of acting however I want, obviously.

But why would you? (doubt)

>I can have faith and doubt - they're not mutually exclusive.

By why would you doubt the very act of knowledge through your own knowledge?

>Knowledge isn't an act. It's a state of affairs you need to establish as actually being the case, and can only be claimed in certainty.

Why should knowledge be only claimed in certainty?

I myself believe human knowledge can never by itself attain it. But by only God

>If you can establish certainty toward any proposition, I won't complain about it.

My mind could not begin to comprehend a certainty even if God so much as given it for me to know of it

So you guys don't think christianity is the one true religion?
How does that even work?

>Christcucks

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>muh invisible sky-daddy!

mfw

As I say here (), Why would you doubt?

What reason do you have for it and how do you justify it?

No we want everyone to realize the truth of God.

But what the modernization of the Church is doing, is making leftists say "Oh, Christianity is right and Satanism is right at the same time! We are all Hindu/Buddhist/Muslim/Christians at the same time! Let's unite under our vague one-world-religion"

This is Anti-Christ in its nature.

Amen

Again, I'm not talking about universalism as in everyone gets saved or universalism as in "every religion is true". I'm referring to the phenomenon that christianity brought to the world, that is the idea that there's only one true religion. That's what makes it bad, especially for ethnic-minded people.

>Heresy

those aren't christians, those are heretics.

Because it's possible any proposition that isn't a necessary truth is wrong. One (seemingly) *must* doubt to be consistent with logical possibility.

I don't have knowledge of anything (except one thing, which doesn't have to do with doubt toward other propositions) by which I could doubt knowledge by my knowledge. So I don't.

>Why should knowledge be only claimed in certainty?
Because that's how I qualify knowledge. It's essentially the same way Descartes qualifies it. You don't have to qualify it that way, but in that case when we each talk about "knowledge" we're not talking about the same thing. My criteria is as rigorous as it (seemingly) could be.

You have a certainty already - thoughts exist.

>doing, is making leftists say "Oh, Christianity is right and Satanism is right at the same time! We are all Hindu/Buddhist/Muslim/Christians at the same time! Let's unite under our vague one-world-religion"
I don't think anyone is saying that. The liberal theory of multiculturalism is that people of differing belief systems can live in harmony, not that they need to agree religiously.

Here ya are senpai.

Damn you sound like a faggot. Good job proving that other guys point.

If that were true then it would be impossible for different nations to have different cultures as long as they practiced Christianity.

>I don't say "cannot". I'm more humble than that. I say "it appears as if I cannot".

Also, why would you? Who's to say that our perception of delineable falsities and truths are as a matter of fact mutually exclusive and wholly delineable

There are quantum and mathematical superpositioning. And perhaps absolute certainties bear semblance to a moulding or truth-values and a suspension of the tertium non datur

We may never know what we may never know

> Bought into the OT doesn't apply the same way meme
> Wonder why the West is degenerate

Face it user, the Torah, as interpreted by Jesus, is the best and most complete guidelines on how to live a moral, happy, healthy, and wealthy life.

Cherry picking from the OT just makes us look hypocritical. My testimony to non-believers has been incredibly strengthened and legitimized by holding myself to the same standards throughout the book.

> What about stoning the gays?

Only applicable where there is a functioning Sanhedrin, two witness catch them in the act and ask them to stop, but they persist. Might also be additional criteria I'm not aware of atm. Larger point is that homosexual actions have been wrongly legitimized by the MSM.

> Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind!

Silly poo in loo Ghandi bungled the real meaning of this verse, which was that one ought to provide equal monetary recompensation if someone injures you/hurts you/slights you, which is the basis of settlement payments in our legal system today.

I'm so conflicted. I don't know if I can believe in God but I somewhat want to.

I keep having visions of kneeling before Jesus and saying "I can't run anymore. I can't keep fighting it."

But my mind is torn. I don't know what to do or believe.

Most of the differences between people predate christianity and only survived thanks to syncretism or stuff like that.
Anyway, I don't even know how you can reconcile differences between races with having the same god. What does it feel to worship the same being as a nigerian?

>Most Satanists are actually atheists.

Not actually true.

Beautifully worded, friend.
Amen

>Anyway, I don't even know how you can reconcile differences between races with having the same god.

Humans adapting and evolving in different environments does not stop them from being human.

Morning service discussed using the internet in the context of Luke 5:4. Pretty neat considering I just started reading /csg/ last week.

Anyone else care to share about their Sunday morning sermons?

You're rejecting logic at that point though. You can do that, but then you don't have a framework by which you can really talk about anything coherently.
Unless you can imagine a world in which necessary truths are mutable or other contradictory states of affairs instantiate, that's the one line I'm sticking to.

Hello brothers, good to see these threads continue being such a succes. Thank you

I'm glad these threads are here btw. I don't know where else to discuss this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism
I have a Satanist coworker, and from what he tells me it's all about self-determination. They don't actually acknowledge God or Lucifer as beings that exist. More Nietzsche than Crowley.

>One (seemingly) *must* doubt to be consistent with logical possibility.

Only if one must have an insatiable need to do so

Knowledge need not necessarily be known

>You don't have to qualify it that way, but in that case when we each talk about "knowledge" we're not talking about the same thing. My criteria is as rigorous as it (seemingly) could be.

There are bits of incomplete and changing knowledge that we may grasp. What is true right this minute, may not be true in the next, et cetera

And what we may know at this point may undergo a paradigm shift once substantial new knowledge would be added

It [knowledge] isn't necessarily in absolutes in the same sense God would be

Still limitless [the knowledge of God] but not* as absolute as the whole of God

*think of different infinities, one being infinitely grander than the other

>You have a certainty already - thoughts exist.

Only by virtue of me not being able to perceive that I not exist

Still, while you probably do admit that different groups of people are made for different types of society, you can't admit that they're made for different religions.

Nowhere else I know of where you can banter or rationally discuss as you please and not be banned.

Christian forums are too deferential in tone for me to like frequenting them. It can be a bit dull.

I wouldn't join one anyway. I don't want to talk to fundies.

It depends, there are a lot of edgy fedoras that are drawn in by the "Atheist-Satanist" vibe of it.

But Anton LeVay was not simply an Atheist.

>More Nietzsche than Crowley

It makes me sad when people think Nietzsche is comparable to people like this.

>Only if one must have an insatiable need to do so

No, it's just a seeming fact. There is such thing as necessary doubt, unless you can overcome the possibility that whatever proposition you're talking about is a falsity. And I don't think you can do that without begging the question. If you'd like to try I'm all ears.

>Liturgical Year C, Cycle II
>Today's Mass

Orthodox version

June 5, 2016
Readings:
Acts 16:16-34
John 9:1-38
Other:
Sunday of the Blind Man

>Still, while you probably do admit that different groups of people are made for different types of society, you can't admit that they're made for different religions.

In the same way that birds don't have the same communities as foxes, but they still have the same creator.

>Knowledge need not necessarily be known
It wouldn't be knowledge then. Something can be *true* and not known, but a necessary component of knowledge is being known (by some mind) with certainty.

Current gf says she wants 5 kids. If I marry her we're going to be like a production line

>1 Corinthians 6:9
Looking a verse further 1 Corinthians 6:11

"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but I will not be mastered by anything.

Important: Biblical cliches that purely have to do with the communication and relationship between the writer and the receiver of the letter, Biblical book.

Important: look at verse 11. What use is it to look at the Bible at all if the meaning is filtered out?

The writer mentions a number of things here in verse 9 but with that he does not undo Christ's fulfilling of the law. The great commandment doesn't suddenly no longer apply.

Important: if it is about some subjects, it is common in Christianity that people lose their mind. What matters is the truth. But if it is about some subjects, this insult would stick to anyone saying it? Or even a life long special preference?

No way.

I wouldn't mind. I take care not to divinise logic

At least not human logic

Its rules (that we have now - in formal logic/ pure mathematics, and informal logic) and axioms, are nowhere near as perfect and as beautiful as they may well indeed be

I have a feeling (purely personal of course) that there may well be more than what our own current epistemological tools are revealing to us, or that we could ever by ourselves be able to reach

And I have nothing but reverence to Him from which could emanate such a feat

I'm actually an ex Satanist. I stopped it after about 2 years because I found it rather pointless. But I was fully into it when it was all new to me.

Then I started easing up on Christianity after having talked with a few and seeing what leftist atheism does to societies.

Now I'm torn. Part of me wants to believe in God and another doesn't because I don't know if I genuinely can.

We're discussing two different aspects of religiosity and the fact that you can't differentiate them is not strange given you're a christian.
Sure, you believe your god created everyone. From that, it doesn't necessarily follow that christianity is the right religion for everyone. Maybe nigerians relate better to spiritual life by believing in vooodoo or something. Maybe mongolians function better with shamanism.

Every creature, if they are going to acknowledge the creator, should do it right.

Also

>Implying that voodoo acknowledges a single creator.

I'd find a local church and contact the pastor. What region are you in? It's possible we have some people browsing this thread that are nearby.

I don't know anything about LeVay himself. I just know that some modern adherents subscribe heavily to the ideas of will-to-power and a moral framework without God.

>kneeling before Jesus and saying "I can't run anymore. I can't keep fighting it."

Maybe that's a sign for you. Have you ever tried praying, friend? I suggest you find a quiet place and just kneel and pray. Forget anything else exists. Do this for a while and you'll notice a difference in your life. You'll feel more at peace.